Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre

Really enjoyed the Crowne Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller2906

We stayed here for 1 night on 14th Nov, booking it direct through its central booking system as cheapest option. It was 79GBP incl breakfast for 2. Stayed in a standard room which was lovely, it had 2 double beds, all mod cons, free chocs & water & large flatscreen tv. Bathroom was lovely with nice toiletries.
Breakfast was superb, good choice and everything nicely cooked. Even brought me a hot chocolate for free! We would definitely stay here again and looking to book in family next year when they attend some MEN events.

best in manchester

by TripAdvisor Member PMACCA

I stay in Manchester on a regular basis for business and usually stay at the Crowne Plaza at the airport or the Holiday Inn just up the road from this new addition to the family...not any longer as i've just found my new home when visiting Manchester.
great rooms, great attentive and personable staff, best executive lounge i've been in for a long time and the room service food was very good, its also great to be recognised as a platinum priority club member as so many IHG hotels just pay this lip service but i was certainly made to feel like a priority.
Im hoping that the excellent service and high standards stay in place in the coming months and the buzz of being something new and great continues within the hotel team.
looking forward to my next stay already!!

Comfy beds

by TripAdvisor Member MegW

Stayed for one night on Saturday at a fabulous Travel Industry rate. Room smelt lovely, bed and linen very comfy, furnishings nice, bathroom great.
Easy to find and great location for printworks, urbis, picc gardens etc
My only small gripes would be that the lifts were, in my opinion, a little on the small side for the size of the hotel. Also, no information in hotel room and couldn't work out how to get messages from the phone (information on tv about some stuff but not all).
All in all, a very nice hotel which I will definitely recommend to friends, family, colleagues and customers.

10 out of 10 again for Crowne Plaza

by TripAdvisor Member neilwilson44

Stayed for 1 night to go Xmas shopping at the Trafford Centre but the highlight of the visit was this excellent hotel.
Having stayed for 1 night in October before catching an early flight, we were keen to spend more time in the hotel and we were not diappointed. Check in was quick and smooth even though the hotel was very busy. The staff on the desk were polite and professional and informed us that we had received a free upgrade to a Junior Suite (first time i have ever had an upgrade) The room was excellent with a living room area, big comfy bed and spotless bathroom. The room was immaculate throughout, as you would expect for a reletively new property, but you felt comfortable and not afraid to touch anything in case you broke it. Both the living room and bedroom had large flat screen tvs plus the usual bath supplies, free tea and coffee, bathrobes etc.
We also had use of the club lounge which was excellent, with free drinks and nibbles. The lounge was unpretentious and again you felt comfortable.
Breakfast next morning was very good, with prompt and polite service. Our only regret was we had to check out.
An excellent hotel which we will continue to use on our regular visits to Manchester.

great hotel ... but

by TripAdvisor Member kennytaylor

great hotel but the horrendous queus for breakfast and check out meant that we missed our train and resulted in loads of hassle with train staff / connections etc
I would still reconmend the hotel but please please give yourself loads of time.
kenny.taylor@scotiagasnetworks.co.uk

lovely, very swish!

by TripAdvisor Member naved

This is a very swish hotel with contemporary decor.

The staff were very attentive and always polite

The rooms were very nice, lovely comfortable bed, pillows a bit hard! the ensuite was very nice and the decor very cool.

Breakfast was nice, orderly and not too busy

It is a good situation for Picadilly Station, 15 minute walk.

Top class centrally located hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NICK

Top class centrally located hotel , fast reception , trendy 'black and red' modern rooms , helpful staff , would not stay anywhere else in Manchester . Got a great rate on 'late rooms' as well

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member LilEmUk

Stayed for two nights in the Crowne Plaza in Manchester for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend using my Priority Club Reward Points.
We stayed in a standard room. The room was very modern, bed was comfy and the shower was fantastic and powerful. Received complimentary water, tea and coffee and toiletries.

However, there was a long queue for check in when I arrived on the Friday evening and no one was available on the Priority Club check in desk and I had to queue up for 10 mins to check in when at other IC Hotels I have been able to pick my key up on arrival and check in straight away because I am a Club member.
Secondly I noticed the pillowslips on the bed were not clean, they appeared to have stains on them. I reported this to reception and they were changed immediately so I can't fault this but feel for a 4* hotel the cleanliness of the room should have been top notch.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, 5 mins walk from Printworks and Victoria station.

Would recommend and will stay there again if I ever need to stay in Manchester.

Great Central Hotel ......

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa-JohnSalisbury

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 2 nights which combined my husbands works christmas party and our annual shopping trip to Manchester/christmas markets.

As a treat to ourselves we usually stay at the Lowry but as Manchester Utd were playing at home that weekend the room prices went from £135 pn to £425 pn (breakfast not inc.) and we could not justify the massive increase so after much searching online I came across the Crowne Plaza.

We booked direct with the hotel and reservations could not have been more helpful and friendly. We decided to upgrade the the executive rooms and we were not disappointed....

We arrived mid afternoon and were checked in and in our room within 5 minutes. The rooms were lovely and had everything that you could possibly want. The bed was amazing and so comfortable. As we had upgraded we had access to the executive lounge which served hot and soft drinks all day and alcohol between 6-8pm (free of charge) which I thought was a lovely touch. All the staff were friendly and helpful and room service was quick and efficient. Everything you would expect from this standard of hotel but unfortantely not always what you get in some other hotels.

If I had one negative thing to write I would say that corridors leading from the lifts/stairs to the rooms were very dark and dreary (painted black) but in the scheme of things this is only my opinion and it had no bearing whatsoever on our stay here.

So to sum up it was a great hotel and we will definately be staying here again on our next visit to Manchester.

Great but noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Elbows29

Firstly I have to say a big thank you to Sarash the reservations manager at the hotel who was very helpful when I was trying to book my stay through Priority Club. Very good customer service.

The hotel is pretty much brand new so everything looks great. Very modern design, very clean and tidy.

Check in wasn't a great experience, maybe because I am a bit younger than most of their guests or maybe beacuse I wasn't staying on the club level but I was treated like I wasn't very important. All guests should get treated at the same high standard but I really wasn't feeling that when I was there. Don't get me wrong, they were not rude, they just gave that 'looking down their nose' vibe a little! (I was dressed in expensive clothes , was polite, am a gold priority club member and didn't smell so I don't get it).

The room (on the 6th floor) was lovely. A big LCD TV on the wall and everything was clean and new. The shower is very small but that is only a minor concern.

My biggest problem with the stay by far was the noise from outside!? Yes even on the 6th floor I was kept awake by the events taking place outside. It wasn't just the police sirens either, I could hear conversations on the ground! Every rev of an engine or honk of a horn was loud and clear. This is probably because of the very trendy glass wall that looks out over the city (we faced the road main road at the front of the hotel).

So I didn't sleep very well which was a big dissapointment, make sure if you are a light sleeper to ask for a room on the back of the hotel that may be a little quiter?

Its strange no one else has mentioned it as I have seen it mentioned about other hotels I have stayed in and not found it a problem myself.

Overall good, probably a 6 or 7 out of 10 (3 out of 5 is a bit harsh!)

Comments