Ringway Road, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M90 3NS, United Kingdom

IHG Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

The Best Airport Hotel

We had a largish room which could accomodate a wheelchair user (I had notified them in advance). The rooms have the usual tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, TV, etc. The restaurant within the hotel was good. There was something to cater for my mum on the menu and something more exotic to appeal to my tastes.

Unique Quality: This is another hotel actually within the hotel grounds. It is probably my favourite out of the ones I have stayed in - both for location and facilities. It also offers you breakfast from 4.30am which is ideal when you have an early flight (usually the very reason we choose to stay overnight in the first place).

The hotel has good leisure facilities. It is the perfect spot to unwind after your drive to the airport and before you have your flight. made the most of the facilities while my mum was in the room reading her book!

Directions: Follow signs for the Airport and BritishAirways Terminal 3.

More about Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

The hotel that time forgot

by TripAdvisor Member blacktorch

I totally agree with the last post, as a priority club platinum member I booked the hotel through priority club.
We arrived at the hotel my wife two children and myself with all our bags, we struggled past five members of staff who stood and watched us.
We were shown a room that was filthy and stank, we were then moved to a nearby room and ordered room service what arrived I can only describe as not fit for a greasy joes cafe.
I then telephoned Bewleys hotel next door who had a room available, we then checked out and struggled up the road to Bewleys.
On the plus side the manager did ring me back regarding the feedback I left on the Crowne Plaza website, she offered me a free night, but as you can imagine I declined.
SUMMARY
A tired dirty rundown hotel that makes fawlty towers seem a five star experience.Stay at your own peril

I don't understand the bad reviews on this hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member stace_mc004

After reading reviews on this hotel I must admit I was worried about the standard we were going to but they all seem to be rather OTT. We got a warm welcome into the reception and shown to our room which was a good size, very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Outside the room was an ice machine for drinks in the room, thought this was a nice touch. The bar and restaurant in the hotel was very welcoming, quite over priced though but the food was plentiful and the staff very helpful - we didn't like the menu and the waiter went out of his way to get us the bar menu and allowed us to stay seated where we were. The swimming pool isn't huge but stil big enough for a healthy paddle. For an over night before a flight I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay.

Pleasantly surprising

by TripAdvisor Member Dr_Pineapple

I have to report that as of september, the renovations continue. I did smell fresh paint on a corridor or two, but it was by no means overpowering, nor everywhere. I don't undertsand all those people out there who would rather stay in the bewleys for the same price. The rooms at crowne plaza are bigger, there is a decent swimming pool; and a new sauna. The breakfast, I would give a miss, I never want to think back to the baked beans I saw baking under the heat lamps. Incidentally, if they try to make you pay for the full 16 odd quid breakfast and you refuse, they may offer you a half price one instead like they did with me (its worth a try)
I got a refurbished standard room, it was ok. The best thing about the hotel is the showers, they are wakey wakey rise and shine showers (considerably more powerful than the ones at the beweley next door).
In summary, if you can look past the dated outer facade, the hotel itself is fine.

This Place Is Awful

by TripAdvisor Member churchcottage

We stayed at this hotel prior to an early morning flight. Arrived with two large suitcases and the doorman just stood and watched my husband struggle with them both, didn't offer to help at all. ( I am just recovering from an op, couldn't help).
The corriders leading to the rooms were just so scruffy, could hardly believe the place was open, no wonder they still had rooms available. The first room they gave us was horrible, after speaking to three different people they eventually gave us another one. They kept on trying to get us to pay another £40 for a more expensive room. The second room was still not great had an unmade bed in it... but by that time we were so fed up we just took it.
So bad that I am writing to them to complain about the whole thing.
I would not stay there again if you paid me!!!

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member Liz222

Not a bad place, but not that great. I had to ask for a face cloth and breakfast menu every day, which was a little annoying. Also, when the weather got really cold, my room was either freezing or too hot.

On the good side, the restaurant staff quickly learned my special requests, so I didn't have to repeat them every day. And the cook was able to make my food the way I like it (no added oil). The menu was a little limited for lowfat pesco-vegetarian options.

Finally, the gym facilities were barely acceptable. There was very limited and old equipment (only two treadmills) in very cramped quarters. I had a hard time finding wall space to do some exercises. But I was able to work out in the end.

Comments