Days Hotel Manchester

See Amenities

Perfectly adequate

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2012

I stayed here last night. There was a bunch of arranged this ages ago and my recollection is we got twins for around 50 - 60 pounds each, room only. It was perfectly adequate, nothing fancy but I wasn't expecting it to be. The girl on the reception was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and tidy, the shower was good, no issues with the tv and the iron in the room was handy.

The location was central. My only minor point that I would change is the 11 am check out seems a bit mean.

Peectly adequate

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2012

planxty's Profile Photo

Functional but adequate.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 27, 2010

On a recent visit to Manchester, I was there on the same night as an important football (soccer) match and a very big rock concert so accomodation was at somewhat of a premium. Through the rather good Laterooms website, I was able to secure a room in the Days Hotel. Be aware that in Manchester, you will pay a hefty premium for rooms in the city when Manchester United are playing at home. The same room cost almost twice as much on the match night as it did the succeeding night.

I had arrived by train, and it is a very easy stroll (about 300 yards) from Piccadilly Station. I am led to believe the airport is only about 15 minutes journey by taxi or train. It is a good central location but on a fairly quiet road so traffic noise is not a problem. An easy stroll takes you to the centre and most of the attractions.

Days Hotel is effectively an accomodation centre for the Conference Centre which it sits above. If you do stay there, don't be put off by the fact that the sign announces it as such. On entering a clean and tidy, if somewhat uninspiring, foyer, I was greeted by a friendly staff member. The staff here were consistently friendly and helpful, which is always good. It is worth pausing at the rear of the foyer to have a look at the absolutely gigantic pendulum (pictured) which is very impressive.

Upstairs to the room which, as you would expect, was businesslike. Everything you would expect, digibox TV, wifi enabled, ensuite clean and tidy. Nothing special but absolutely nothing to complain about.

Unique Quality: I am trying hard to think of something unique about Days Hotel and all I can come up with is the pendulum. Otherwise it is a perfectly acceptable business hotel.

Nearby Days Hotel Manchester

Days Hotel Manchester

• Days Inn Manchester

Address: Sackville Street, Weston Building, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 3BB, United Kingdom

1 Photo of Days Hotel Manchester

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Manchester Travel Forum

Need advice about Manchester, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Manchester and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Manchester hotel reviews