55 Piccadilly, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 2AP, United Kingdom

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

In the heart of Piccadilly Gardens!

I stayed overnight at this hotel in April 2011 when I spent a couple of days in Manchester. I got a great rate of 45 GBP for an ensuite single room (I was given a double room on my arrival) and full English breakfast when I booked online. The room was nice, clean and with tons of space.

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and look forward to staying there again on future trips to Manchester. However, I had to be a bit on my guard around Piccadilly Gardens on an evening as I found it to be a bit insalubrious but there were no problems with regards to personal safety.

This hotel has 99 bedrooms and suites and also has conference facilities.

Unique Quality: My room had a large bay window and looked out onto a central courtyard. The room provided tea and coffee making facilities including biscuits and I was provided with towels and Dove liquid soap and shower gel/shampoo. There is also an iron and ironing board and extra bedding in the closet. In the lobby/reception, there is a lounge and bar area and also a separate breakfast room.

Directions: Adjacent to Piccadilly Gardens and a 10 minute walk to and from Manchester Piccadilly Station.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Reasonable priced 3*hotel

I booked this hotel for 2 nights through Booking.com. My reason for staying here was for Gillybobs Manchester Christmas Markets VT Meet, it wasw a reasonable price and a good location - near to Piccadilly station and a 10 minute walk to Albert Square-near our meet up point. It's also a short walk to the Arndale Centre/China Town etc.

Checking in was easy-Friendly, efficient receptionist - pay on arrival or departure.
    Total cost for 2 people in a Twin Room for 2 nights was £118

I was handed my room card key and directed to the lift (elevator) to my room (401). I found out later that there was a choice of 2 lifts-one to the right of reception and another (French cage style) to the left of room 401.

Exiting the lift there was a smell of paint- not sure which area was being painted though.

The room was warmly heated. Not much of a view (which I'd requested), but fairly spacious. Twin beds, 2 chairs, wardrobe with plenty of hangers (plus iron and ironing board) desk/dressing table, mirror, TV, Hairdryer, tray with tea/coffee and biscuits. Info book about Manchester and pocket guide. Hotel info wallet with menu for room service etc, pen, writing paper.
    Breakfast is extra - no need to pre-book- just turn up - We didn't eat breakfast here, so don't know what it's like (There was plenty of food waiting for us at the Christmas Markets!)
    Plenty of places to eat near the hotel - Wetherspoons is a couple of doors away, plus newsagent that sold snacks etc.

Bathroom was quite spacious- Bath with overhead shower, WC, Wash basin.
    Towels, Shower gel/ shampoo.

Bar in reception/lounge area -
    Left Luggage room- this is locked- you are given a ticket, which you present to reclaim your stuff.

I was quite pleased with this accommodation-reasonable price, good location, Fairly modern, but with some of the original features- wrought iron caged lift, floral bas relief tiles - some have been retained in their original brown colouring, but some have been painted over in white, stained glass over the inner entrance door.

There are a few steps to enter the hotel, so probably not suitable for anyone with mobility problems- though there might be another access if you enquire.
    No Smoking - smoking on the pavement outside the hotel.
    5 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station.
    99 rooms on 5 floors.

Free high speed wireless internet access is available at the public areas and bedrooms.

UPDATE.... I stayed here again recently. This time I stayed in Rm 115, an internal twin room (ie No windows) This cost £60 for the room, breakfast included - (Full English or Continental Breakfast)
    The room was quite dark, despite wall lamps and a standard lamp, but it was adequate for a nights stay. The room was warm and clean, with en-suite bathroom.

Unique Quality: A good place to stay for anyone visiting Manchester on a budget, but requiring some comfort.
    Less than 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly Train Station. Near to China Town, Arndale Centre etc.

Bus station and Tram stops about 3 minutes walk.

Directions: Leave Piccadilly Station by Piccadilly exit, turn Right and head straight forward. Keep walking and You'll reach Piccadilly Gardens.
    It's on the Right side, Look for No55. It's just before the Wetherstones pub.

• crazypaws's Profile Photo

Good hotel in the center of Manchester

The Gardens Hotel is centrally located in Manchester, which is the main reason I booked a room there. Besides "normal" rooms and suites, they also offer rooms without windows, which is what I booked. Those rooms are very cheap, and they are more than adequate if you're only looking for a place to sleep.

When I checked in, my room hadn't been vacuumed, so I went down to reception to let them know. It was already late on a Friday evening, so I didn't think anything would be done. To my surprise, she gave me another room, which turned out to be a much nicer, large room, with a huge window, without added cost! Definitely not what I expected, but I was very grateful for it.

Breakfast was included in my rate, and included different kinds of breads, cereal, juices, yoghurt, fruit and a full English breakfast.

I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever in Manchester again!

• eurotravels's Profile Photo

The Gardens Hotel is centrally...

The Gardens Hotel is centrally situated at Piccadilly Gardens. The rooms were sensibly priced, mine was on the inside of the hotel around a sort of courtyard, so there wasn’t much natural light but it was nice and quiet. I stayed half-board and the evening meal was of excellent quality.

Comments