Hilton Manchester Airport

Outwood Lane, Manchester Airport, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M90 4WP, United Kingdom

Priceline.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Good For The Airport

The hotel is about 9 miles from the city centre. It is suitable for wheelchair users. The room we had was slightly larger than another that I had chance to see. This may have been because I had warned the hotel in advance that we had a wheelchair. The room was much brighter than some of the other airport hotels I have stayed in.

Unique Quality: Location wise this is probably one of the best aiport hotels. The hotel is actually in the airport grounds which means minimum travel time to get to the airport for your early morning flight. If you stay and leave your car there the chances ar it will be moved and returned for your return (this didn't happen on one trip when I had a disabled badge and was occupying a disabled parking bay).

In all rooms there are tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, trouser press and mini bar.

Directions: Leave the M56 at junction 5. Follow signs for Terminal 1 at the airport and you will see the hotel on your left.

More about Hilton Manchester Airport

Started my holiday in style.....

by TripAdvisor Member Vonnie1230

We stayed at The Hilton Manchester Airport on the 22nd June as we had an early flight the next day,

What can I say we got a bargain 1 night plus 15 nights parking for £140

The hotel was lovely although they were refurbishing some of it but it didnt effect us at all had dinner in the bar it was a light dinner of a club sandwich it was lovely.

The rooms are spacious and clean and the Bathroom is beautiful I liked the small touches like the crabtree and evelyn toiletries. lovely.

I would fully recommend the hotel parking was excellent we left th car in the hotel car park they took it to the storage and the car was awaiting us when we arrived back and we got picked up from the terminal.

We're flying from Manchester next year so we will be using this hotel again.

All in all a lovely start to the holiday.,,,,

Very disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Chino1

We stayed here for 1 night upon our return from our honeymoon. We booked a night with 15 days car parking, although our stay ended up being 16 days so we had to pay extra upon check out to ACS, which no-one had picked up until we returned. We also had to book a King Deluxe room as all doubles were booked on the night of our stay.

The free shuttle to the hotel and back is great, I thought it would be within walking distance, and while it might be, it's across busy roads so really not an option.

The check in was smooth but I must admit I was highly disappointed with the room. It was an average size and could have easily been a Travelodge. Nothing 'Hilton' about it, except the Crabtree and Evelyne Toiletries. Nothing that stood out as extra special or luxurious as one associates with the brand of Hilton.

I would try another hotel if we flew from Manchester again - I may as well have paid £50 for a Travelodge or similar for the standard of room we experienced.

Not worth the money. It only took the hassle our of booking car parking and driving home at midnight.

Ok

by TripAdvisor Member bevldavies

We booked one night at the Manchester Airport Hilton as a convenient location before an early morning flight back to Southampton. The room was £117 for the night. On arrival we were told they had no non smoking rooms available but when we complained they found one! The room was large and clean as was the bathroom but it smelt badly of damp.

All I can say is that it is ok. It is convenient for the airport but maybe a £50 Travelodge would have been OK as well. CAr parking at £10 per night for residents is excessive.

Is this a Hilton?-you could never tell! Very dissapointing

by TripAdvisor Member nmj

Oh dear-where do I start!

We usually book the Radisson SAS-but thought we would try the Hilton this year for our pre-holiday stay.

As you enter into the hotel, if it were not for the 'HILTON' sign above the door you would not realise that you were at a Hilton hotel.
We had booked 2 rooms (interconnecting) for our family of 2 adults & 2 boys. King and double rooms were requested.
On arrival no such rooms were available only double rooms-this meaning 2 boys having to share 1 bed-that did not bode well for them!
If only that was our problem. We had a long-haul flight the following morning to the USA, therefore we were hoping for a good night's sleep. Oh boy! The air-conditioning was not working in either room (or was VERY VERY poor) One of the children woke up in the night absolutely soaked in perspiration. Really bad night with no one sleeping, absolutely not what you want before a long flight!!!

The previous evening we had dinner at the restaurant. We had heard that it was expensive-but my Lord-£26 for a buffet meal(you chose your main course) Whilst it was OK, definitely not worth the excessively priced £26. There is a 25% reduction if you eat before 7pm on weekends-they forgot to take this off our bill-another boo boo!

And for a 4 star hotel I would expect a pool- NO such luck!

Next year suffice to say I shall not be staying here. I shall return to the Radisson or perhaps try Bewleys across the road from the Hilton-far cheaper and can't be worse??!!!

Do yourself and your wallet a favour and stay elsewhere!

Problems again

by TripAdvisor Member brijan2

I normally fly from Gatwick and have never had any problems with the Hilton there so thought I would give the Manchester Hilton another go.
Why did I go back, visited many years ago and had problems with rooms and the food, last time allocated a smoking room, when I created did get moved but to a room next to the lift with view of the roof .
This time we managed to get a NOn Smoking room and away from the lift,which was a good start. The room was okay, clean and we did not need the air con.
I agree with previous comments why no pool at this type of hotel, if you arrive late afternoon it would be nice to have a swim before dinner, not much else to do around.
The evening meal was okay but I was glad, I did book the package with Dinner and Breakfast included, £27.50 is a lot for a buffet meal for Dinner. I have to admit that I found the staff in the restaurant not that bothered about serving you and at times hard to understand. At breakfast I had nearly finished when I got a jug of hot water, which I had requested about 20 mins earlier, the jug had previously been used for Coffee so it was no drink for me.
The main problem came when I got the bill, I had booked Dinner Bed and Breafast for 1 Adult and 1 child but on check out I was told I would have to pay for the childs food as he is over 10!!! no mention of this restriction anywhere, I have to say the reception staff were good and tried ways to reduce but the one in charge refused.
We had to wait about 20 mins for the Hilton man to arrive to drive the mini bus to the airport, he then managed to hit one of the doors on a post, so had to change buses, to a smaller one, cram us and the luggage in and drive what is thankfully only a short distance quiet erractically. The return pick worked well from the car company, he dropped us off right by the car and told us how to get out of the hotel grounds.

Flying from Manchester again, sorry to say I will definately not use the Hilton.

Average hotel next to airport

by TripAdvisor Member ChristianK

The most positive fact about the Manchester is its proximity to the airport, the free hotel shuttle picks you up within minutes, if you know the way you may actually walk. A price of €250 for one night in a standard room seems to be far overpriced for the quality of the hotel, it is far from other Hiltons in Europe, more like a standard Sheraton hotel. Comparing it to other airport hotels it is too expensive and the lobby / rooms do not justify its price. The hotel staff is nice, even few of them actually spoke English fluently. If you stay at Manchester airport try to find a cheaper choice, I doubt the quality would be worse.

Hilton Horror Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sclarks

Well where do you start (possibly been able to get someone that can speak English would be a good start !) I checked in and we had upgraded our room - got our room electronic card and made our way up to room to relax ! Oh how wrong we were ! The key would not work so after been to the reception a further 4 times to change keys ( none would let us in our room ) a bell boy came to our room with us and let us in with a Master Key - Room very nice however went to the restaraunt and my wife and I had a starter and main coarse (£ 78.00) no desert! waited for 45 mins for the bill and then waited another 30 mins to pay the thing! Went back to the room and guess what key would not let us back into the room (so every time we needed to get into the room we had to ask reception to escort us to our room) Not a word of apology and asked to speak to a manager (none available) Well I have learned a lesson NEVER TO BOOK IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN

"Some people are too hard to please!"

by TripAdvisor Member smudgesmg

My husband, myself and my mother stayed in the hotel on Christmas Eve before our long flight to Australia the next day. Having read the reviews I was dreading what I would find! I needn't have worried, the whole experience was one that I would definitely go through again. Checking in was no problem, everyone was very polite and our rooms were great. We had asked for rooms adjoining and that was granted. Both rooms were spotlessly clean and I couldn't find any fault at all. We went into the bar for a drink shortly after checking in and although the prices were a little high, they were exactly what I expected. Everyone was so polite and friendly. Buffet breakfast the next morning (Christmas Day) was wonderful and my husband went to the airport feeling well fed and watered! We didn't have to wait for the complimentary bus either it was already outside the hotel. All in all I would highly recommend the Hilton and we will definitely be going back there when we have our next long haul trip.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member CharlieFox

All the staff we came into contact with were lovely but apart from that, there's nothing glowing to report on. The room was distinctly average, it's way overpriced and I would stay at Bewleys anytime before this Hilton.

Comments