Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel

Travelocity Hilton.com Booking.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

The highest hotel in UK!

Coming to Manchester for a couple of days, I knew I had to stay in this hotel. This is simply one the main landmark of the city! With a height of 130m, this is the highest residential tower in UK!
    Only the first half of the tower is dedicated to the hotel, the other half is purely residential!

Staying on the 14th floor, the view of the city was obviously really nice. A little bit unfortunate I was not facing the city center but instead the suburbs. Not such a big deal, you could still enjoy the view from the corridor. They have the great idea of having windows in there!
    The room itself was really nice and comfortable!
    The only issue I have experience was related the shower: if you take one at the peak time, the pressure is really low. One day I was wondering if I could rinse myself :-/ I mentioned that to a clerk who would report the issue. The day after it was indeed much better but that was also very early on a Saturday morning…

Even better, when checking in, the clerk also proposed me to buy Breakfast vouchers for 10&! Quite a great deal when the usual price is more around 20-25& !!
    …and the breakfast was simply perfect! I have also discovered how they cook mirror eggs so perfectly : they simply cook them in a mix of water and oil (or just oil?),...

Strangely enough, wireless internet connectivity is not available, only wired! Not such a big deal, I had read it earlier on Tripadvisor and came with a long cable to still have the capability to surf from the bed! ;-)

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Tallest

The Hilton Manchester Deansgate is a landmark hotel with spectacular views over the city. This magnificent, state-of-the-art Hotel is Situated within the lower 23 floors of the iconic, 50 storey Beetham Tower and is the Tallest building in Manchester.
    The prime city centre location offers easy access to Manchester's commercial and shopping areas and is only 25 minutes by road from Manchester International Airport.

Unique Quality: Offering some of the most spectacular views over Manchester, the destination bar on the 23rd floor presents the very latest in bar chic and is open daily from 1700

• veigapaula's Profile Photo

Hilton the highest

Never stayed there...

Unique Quality: Very high...this made a false alarm of a bomb threat put everyone on the sidewalk in their pijamas...

Directions: At the end of Deansgate. You can see it closely from The Museum of Science and Industry.

More about Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel

Top Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lee-in-Newcastle

Having recently visited the other new Hilton at Newcastle / Gateshead , I must admit to expecting much of the same medicore experience, but no - Hilton Deansgate is a great hotel.
Well situated, comfortable & modern bedrooms and a great view from the Sky Bar on floor 23. Some elements of the hotel are style over function like the seats in reception, but on the whole a good experience. One thing that was like Newcastle / Gateshead was the breakfast - supremely average !

Believe all the positives; this place was magnificant!

by TripAdvisor Member mister.c.

A wonderful two day break was spent by my good lady and I at the Hilton Deansgate. Please believe all of the positives from my fellow reviewers.

I stayed in a King Executive Plus Room which are all on the 16th Floor, all non smoking. By booking in advance (via the Hilton website), we paid £127 per night which in my eyes was excellent value. This room also gave you access to the Executive Lounge - more later. We checked in at midday well in advance of the 3pm policy, very efficient, polite and informative. Ten minutes later, we were into our room, where we hit the only snag of the break. I had rung up in advance and specifically asked for a room away from the lift, but we were bang next to it. After a quick chat with reception (who confirmed they had received the request and apologised) they efficiently sorted a change of rooms. It shows that rather than moaning about things after the event like many do, it pays to report anything you are not happy with direct to the hotel at the time so they can seek to remedy it, and in my experience many are happy to do so.

On to the room, well a really, really comfy bed, lovely linen and duvet and certainly big enough! The room is modern, clean with all the qualities other’s have mentioned – the basic stuff from an iron, safe, designer toiletries, air conditioning to others such as a DAB mini hi fi system and a television in the bathroom, Hopefully the pictures accompanying this review help to paint the picture.

The Hilton has a A1 grade executive lounge with great views, free internet access, television, alcohol gratis from mid afternoon (wine, spirits, Budweiser). Also, it is of a sufficient size for you not to be crammed in and is a fine place to relax in after a hard days shopping.

Breakfast in morning was very good and entirely consistent with the standard in other executive lounges I have stayed in elsewhere in Europe (eg the Swissotel Berlin). Superb selection of cold options and sufficient hot options (eggs, bacon, tomatoes and sausages) to really set you off on your day.

The location is excellent, 10 minutes or so away from town, and there is the discounted (40%) Car Parking at the nearby Great Northern as well - ask at reception for them to validate your ticket.

A tremendous experience and thankfully it would appear the fire alarm issue has been dealt with. Add up the superb room with breakfast, the executive lounge access, the gratis alcohol and excellent service, for £63.50 per person then this hotel represented superb value for money as well as being a top quality experience.

My advice to you as someone who has written a number of reviews on Trip-advisor. If you are happy with the price of what you can get the Deansgate Hilton for, then go for it and you will not be disappointed!

What an amazing hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member manchesterlad2006

This was a treat for my girlfriend, a surprise for her birthday! It was the best hotel we have ever stayed in! Its so new that everything is so clean, the pool area (inc sauna, steam and jacuzzi) was empty so we had it all to ourselves. It was amazing! The staff are fantastic! The executive lounge is a bonus, all the complimentary drinks you like! plus food! Internet access! Well worth the 40 extra. The rooms are romantic and modern, the shower cubicle was huge, the bath has taps so you can lay at either end, the views are stunning, the reception is breathtaking and the reaction from my girlfriend was brilliant! Had a fantastic night and cant wait to stay again! Definately recommend asking for a higher floor (thelifts are so quick that it makes no difference). I have included some photo's! Enjoy!

Check in and out a major problem!

by TripAdvisor Member davelesley

We thought we would try out the new Hilton on a weekend shopping spree. We cannot fault the room with floor to ceiling views, nor the superb breakfast. However, checking in on Saturday morning and checking out on Sunday took an eternity. The desk was understaffed but they did apologise.
The main problem with the hotel is the popularity of the Cloud Bar on the 23rd floor. As a resident of the hotel we had to stand in a queue for a lift with non residents to go for a drink. Two people managed the queue and only by showing our room card were we allowed up after 10 minutes. We were told by our friends to go early (feeling under pressure to finish our swim early and get ready) we were there very early before 6pm. Having got up there it was very lovely, but felt it was an effort to achieve it. Later in the evening on our return to the hotel, it was a different story. This time by 11pm the queue was reaching the hotel door. Again we told them we were residents but gave up waiting after 20 minutes. Non residents had booked tables and there was no system to provide for residents as a priority, except to offer us the ground floor bar. Clearly some other system needs to be introduced to make this work .

Amazing Loved every minute of my stay

by TripAdvisor Member DSEDD

Well what can i say, i had no idea i was staying at this wonderful hotel until i arrived in Manchester, my girlfriend had booked a surprise weekend away for me for my birthday. And what a weekend it was, I found the reception stay on arival to be very polite and really helpful we arrived before the check in time but they checked us in and gave us the key to our room. The room was of a fantastic standard and the views from the Bedroom over Manchester was amazing. We had a meal in the restaurant which was outstanding the quality of the service we received from the restaurant staff was outstanding and the food was delicious. After our meal we wanted to go up to the Cloud23 bar but there was a massive cue of people waiting for a table up there, i went and asked how long the wait would be, A very polite gentleman asked was we hotel guests and i explained yes and gave him our room number, he got us a table within two minutes. The views when we got up there was amazing and the service was fantastic, the overall stay was wonderful and if i was to stay in Manchester again it would be my first choice hotel, well done Hilton on a top notch hotel.

It was that good we have already re-booked!

by TripAdvisor Member gibbrig

We have stayed in many Hilton Hotels in the Uk and Europe and must say this is by far one of the best. (York being the worst!)We booked a King Executive Plus (a bit extra in price but you get a jacuzzi bath, shower with body jets, a plasma tv in the bedroom and a tv in the bathroom too!)The room was clean and modern and the view amazing (we were on the 16th floor). We checked in in the executive lounge so no problem with that and the night duty manager recommended we use the hotels express checkout facility on the sunday morning which we did with total ease (you check your bill on the tv in the room and if all ok just drop your key card in the box at reception and they then bill you).The hotel gives a 40% discount on the local NCP so it meant we had from Friday tea time until Sunday tea time for just £18! We went to Cloud 23 on the Friday night and although there was a queue we were given priority as residents and was up in no time. Once up there it is an awesome view although if you have shelled out for an executive room you get an even better view in the exec lounge! The staff were wonderfully helpfull. Place fabulously clean. Used pool, sauna etc all marvelously fresh and inviting. It would be helpfull to have drinks available in that area ( I understand why no alcohol but soft drinks?? why a problem??).We had a minor power cut on Saturday morning but no big deal. Back on in no time. Must must recommend the room service food. In comparison to the usual 24hr in room dining stuff this is the business. Can recommend the prawn curry as really good. Plus the service was really quick. Complementary water in the room a nice touch but the dressing gowns are horribly scratchy as is the loo paper!! Guess they have to cut costs somewhere! Just two little glitches, the revolving doors broke down on the Sunday morning and when I came to re-book for my next trip (with an older relative) I discovered they dont have any twin executive rooms, only standard ones, so its either a standard room and sleep on your own or an exec room and share a bed! But overall it was fab and would DEFINITELY recommend to all!

its ok

by TripAdvisor Member sarahjards

I booked the hotel as a surprise weekend for my husband and I, after finding out I was pregnant. I booked the executive room which was a waste of time, as we received none of the additional extras that were supposed to come with the executive room. The room itself was nice but not what I would call outstanding.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was lovely and not too expensive and the service was great. This was the highlight of the stay! As was the breakfast, which after reading several reviews, we ate in the main restaurant, rather than the executive lounge as the choice was better.

The next morning all power went off in the room, which we were offered no apology or explanation for and resulted in us checking out earlier than we had wanted to.

My advice is if you want a lovely hotel in manchester stay in the Lowry.

Hilton Hotel, ManchesterHilton Hotel, Manchester