Lowry Hotel Manchester

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

50 Dearmans Place, Chapel Wharf, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M3 5LH, United Kingdom

The Lowry Hotel
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Weekend break in manchester

One of the things you notice first of all about Manchester is how friendly and polite everyone is(must be a northern thing) we travelled on the red eye to watch Manchester utd so decided to make a weekend of it and treat ourselves to a stay at a nice hotel it didn't let us down.we are fortunate enough to have stayed at many 4/5 star hotels around the world. I tend to have made my mind up about a place before we have reached the room.well turned out gentlemen open the door of the cab,then the hotel entrance and usher you through to check in with a sincere politeness that makes you feel special.checking in is quick with at least 10 staff on hand to take your luggage,check you in,answer questions about taxis,restaurants,shopping,locations and things to do again in a manner that is informative,professional and helpful.we stayed in a river side room which is large,exceptionally clean with a very comfortable king sized bed.bathroom is clean and maintained well if I'm being fussy could possibly do with a revamp but I have stayed here a few times since it opened. A few more pillows would have been nice?the hotel slippers seem to have gone walkabouts and a £5 charge for ice to be brought up for that unwinding tipple from the well stocked mini bar seemed a bit excessive even in these austere times.the hotel bar is chic and swish comfortable chairs and a breezy atmosphere that is not at all stuffy.Again the staff here are quiet possibly the best you will find, engaging,witty and professional.the cocktails a must have treat.A hotel gains marks for it's location,architecture,furnishings,restaurant and bars however without the right people from the cleaners,porters,maitre d's,bar staff to senior management it will not have that "j'n sais quo".if you are planning a trip to Manchester save that little bit harder and book The Lowry the only disapointing part of the experience will be when you leave.

• cocoandsami's Profile Photo

A top Spot to stop

The Lowry Hotel is just on the outskirts of the city centre. A 10 minute walk to Harvey Nichols.
    It is a lovely 5* hotel, with rather large rooms for UK hotels. The rooms are elegantly, in a modern way, furnished.

It has a small, but nice spa, as well as a good bar.

Close to the city centre, it is easy to walk into town and eat at some of hte nice restaurants.

• 5-star style

Hailed as Manchester's first 5-star hotel, The Lowry actually sits across the River Irwell in Salford. You cross the river via the graceful pedestrian bridge designed by the esteemed Spanish architect Calatrava. Conde Nast Traveller magazine named the new hotel as on of the 'coolest' in the world!

Manchester's own 5-star hotel is the Radisson Edwardian between the Town Hall and Great Northern Plaza.

Unique Quality: Special theme packages at The Lowry, which might include a meal at Marco Pierre White's on-site River Room restaurant plus tickets to local attractions or sporting events--start at 89 pounds per person per night.

Directions: You are only steps away from Deansgate in Manchester.

• nieldy's Profile Photo

The Lowry Hotel is...

The Lowry Hotel is Manchester's first, and so far only, 5 star hotel. If you can afford to stay there, why are you reading this?

Directions: 50 Dearmans Place
    Chapel Wharf
    Salford
    Manchester M3 5LH
    United Kingdom

• nsalah's Profile Photo

Obviously as with any place...

Obviously as with any place you can pay alot or a little. Quite a famous place that I have been told about is the Lowry Hotel. It is a five star hotel and is absolutely amazing inside!
    Obviously it varies but I will leave the exact amount to your imagination!

Unique Quality: The Lowry Hotel only just opened in Spring this 2001 and is the only five star hotel in Manchester! You can have your nails done or a spa, you won't get bored!

Directions: The Lowry is on Chapel Street at this address
    97 Chapel Street Salford,
    Manchester
    M3 5DF

• Brit_girl's Profile Photo

The Lowry Hotel.

Midweek Rate (Monday - Thursday)

Deluxe Room £185 (single or double occupancy)
    Riverside Room £200 (single or double occupancy)
    Riverside Suite £395 (single or double occupancy)
    Presidential Suite £1,000 (single or double occupancy)

Weekend Rate (Friday - Sunday)

From £120 per single room/per night, including breakfast, VAT and service
    From £140 per double room/per night, including breakfast, VAT and service

Unique Quality: It's the only 5 star hotel in Manchester. It's got lovely people working there, the hotel is beatiful and on the whole it is a grogeous place to stay if you have the money to do so.

Directions: 50 Dearmans Place
    Chapel Wharf
    Salford
    Manchester M3 5LH
    United Kingdom.

More about Lowry Hotel Manchester

Excellent Service.

Stayed at the Lowry hotel for 3 weeks during August 2004.The service was without exception excellent nothing was too much trouble from organising limosine services,luxury car rental and helicopter landings nothing seemed to faze them.
The rooms were big bright and airy my one exception was that the windows did not open,so an over reliance on air-conditioning was an annoyance also having a river view it would be nice to hear the sound of the water and therefore remove some of the clinical feel that the rooms have.
The concierge were most helpful and the doorman was a gem.
Overall most excellent and certainly worth a visit.

Superb rooms and food

by TripAdvisor Member DrSAH

Having been at University at Manchester, it's difficult for me to see it as a place to spend quality time, but the Lowry is an excellent place to stay if you need to. Finding the hotel could be a problem for anyone who doesn't know Manchester. The reception is rather too minimalist, but the rooms are superb. A better choice of CDs was warranted.There's a good gym, though a pool would have been nicer. The bar is cosy yet modern and the balcony overlooking the Irwell is good in Summer. My highest praise goes to the restaurant. the meals are really top notch. It is one of those rare restaurants which do all three (or four) courses very well. I tasted the nices tomato of my life here!!!

Clinical and Obnoxious

I don't know what all the hype is over this hotel I feel that there are a lot nicer hotels more centrally located in Manchester.
I disagree that this is a city centre hotel, it is no where near the heart of Manchester! It is extremely clinical, hardly any furnishings and not homely or relaxing at all!
The staff on reception and in the bar are very friendly but I could not relax, there is just something about it that I do not like! I am sure it is a big hit for many people but I highly reccommend other hotels more centrally located. Sorry but the newly opened Radisson Edwardian is far more superior!

What a hole in my credit card!

I have stayed in many hotels in Manchester when im going to concerts and this one is certainly the best! Great views, Excellent room service, mini bar a bit pricey! Overall an amazing hotel! But for 4 people to sleep the night cost £1005! But all other hotels where full!
Would highly recommend!!

Would loved to have stayed longer!

I stayed at The Lowry with my boyfriend on 31st October. He didn't know we were stying there until we were right outside, and I think it was a quite nice surprise!

The reception staff were friendly enough, but a little more attentiveness would have been welcome. The website boasts that all guests are personally shown to their room upon arrival, but this wasnt offered to us, not that I minded - the room was easy to find.

The third floor room was very impressive. The walk-in dressing room was great, it had a gigantic mirror, huge amounts of space for clothes and shoes, a high quality hair dryer and two little pairs of complimentary slippers sealed in celophane (a least we think they were complimentary, we took them home anyway!) The bathroom was lovely, really bright with cream tiles with mosaic detail. The bath was regular in shape and style, but much bigger than usual. The shower was very powerful and the water hot. The room itself was very large with huge windows overlooking the river and bridge. The view from our room was nice, but I expect that it would not be as appealing on the other side where the rooms look over the ugly city of Salford. The bed was incredibly big, 2 metres wide apparently. And the linen was so luxurious and comfortable, it was the best bed I've ever slept in. A large TV with satellite channels was present, as well as a decent mini hifi unit, which I was able to connect my iPod to. I also took with me a portable DVD player to connect to the TV, so was able to watch all my favourite DVDs in the room, which was great.

We decided not to dine in the hotel restaurant because neither of us felt we were looking anywhere near smart enough to! So we walked into Manchester via the adjacent footbridge which lead us directly onto the bottom of King Street which was very convenient.

When we returned, we fancied having a nice bath and ordering something from roomservice. The Bath Butler menu provided in the bathroom had everything you could want for a totally indulgent bath, including the fantastic Molton Brown bath products. We ordered the relaxing bath treatment and some chocolate-dipped strawberries from room service. We were told that the strawberries would take 45 minutes, which was quite surprising, but we waited. When they arrived, it was clear why they had taken so long, they had been freshly handmade from melted white and dark chocolate and had been made to look like little people wearing shirts, bow ties and jackets, they were amazing! And they tasted incredible. At a price of only £5 for 6 chocolate and three plain strawberries, they were quite good value! The minibar items were also surprisingly non-extortionate. A glass bottle of mineral water was just £1.50. The alcoholic drinks were more expensive, but still not as much as i'd expect. The room service menu was vast in choice, and had the bigget selection of drinks, about 10 varieties of whiskey, for example.

We selected our breakfast the night before using the tick-the-box form that was provided in the room to be left outside the door. The choice, again, was very impressive, and being very greedy, we ordered pretty much everything! It arrived dead on time on a large trolley that, once inside the room, unfolded into a full-size dining table. The food was excellent.

We both really needed a lie-in so I called reception if we could check out an hour later than usual, and it wasn't a problem.

Our stay in the Lowry was fantastic, and the only downside was that we were there only for one night, and I suppose the price! But it's definately a place I'll be scrimping and saving for so that I can go again!

Lowry HotelLowry Hotel

How do I get to the Stadium?

by debbie1573

Hi there

My husband and I will be staying in The Lowry Hotel in Manchester and want to get to the new stadium to watch Manchester City v Everton on Oct 2nd. Can you tell me how far away this is from the hotel and approx how much this will cost us in a taxi.

RE: How do I get to the Stadium?

by Ben-UK

From the Lowry Hotel to the City of Manchester Stadium at Eastlands it's probably about 15 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic. Taxi costs can vary but approximately 8 pounds I would think -- ask before you get in the taxi.

How do I get to the Stadium?

by debbie1573

Thank you Ben.

One more thing, is the stadium in an isolated area or are there pubs and shops all around as is the case with the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff? After the game we will want to go somewhere for a few drinks and some food and I wonder whether I should head back to the Lowry Centre or stay near the stadium.

RE: RE: How do I get to the Stadium?

by Ben-UK

Definitely head back into Manchester -- it's not totally isolated but there are not really any shops or pubs nearby. You could take a bus to Manchester Piccadilly but I'm not sure of the bus number (I'm a United fan !!) but of course there will be lots of people going back into the city centre after the game so you could just ask.

Comments