4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

"Free Trade Hall" Peter St, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M2 5GP, United Kingdom

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
RS Edwardian MAN Booking.com Agoda.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• I love it

I had a great time there. Stayed due to business 4 nights in the hotel. Staff was great, friendly and helpful at every time. The hotel offers everything you might need - if there is something you require - just ask and they will arrange it.

Unique Quality: Perfect location downtown Manchester and just 1 minute walk to the GMEX and MICC. 2 Restaurants with enclosed bars and a nice Spa.

Directions: in the city centre

• Manchesters Number 1

We had an absolutely fantastic stay in the hotel. Everything is in perfect condition (well, the open just opend a few month ago). All staff is very friendly and helpful and they assist you in every way you can expect.

Unique Quality: I think this hotel is the only one in Manchester which offers everything you need. Well appointed guestrooms, broadband and wireless internet connection, 2 restaurants with enclosed bars, a supperb Spa with pool, sauna, steambath, Jacuzzi and gym, treatmentrooms and a perfect location downtown Manchester, the MICC is just a doorstep behind the hotel as well as the GMEX.

Directions: City centre next to the GMEX and MICC. Within a few minutes walk you can reach the major shopping areas as well

• Manchesters No. 1

This hotel has just opened a few month ago and consits of the old Free Trade Hall and the new bedroomtower behind. I think its the only hotel in town which offers really everything you may need. Nice rooms with broadband and wireless internet access, 2 lovely restaurants for meals, a nice Spa with pool, jacuzzi, sauna and treatment rooms, function space as well. All staff is very, very friendly and helpful. By the way, the hotel is located perfect in the city centre and behind the hotel is the Gmex and the MICC. My tip is to book a room on the 10th floor or upwards overlooking the city - a very nice view is guaranteed.

Unique Quality: Offers all: great rooms with large windows, aircon, bathrooms with walk in shower and separate dry area. 2 restaurants (1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch, snacks and dinner) with attached bar, a Sienna Spa, many function rooms and a business centre.

Directions: Next to Saint Peter Square and close to Deansgate as well

• Manchesters No. 1

This is really the best hotel in town. Lovely hotelrooms, a charming hotel interior and very, very friendly staff. And in addition to that a perfect location downtown and next to the exhebitioncentre as well. We enjoyed our stay there. And don't forget to use the Spa, it's a well appointed area and the treatments are fantastic.

Unique Quality: Once ready I would book a room overlooking the city centre (not possible from the lower floors), Spa with all you can think of, 2 restaurants and the bedrooms offer all you can expect from a 5 star hotel.

Directions: direct in the city centre, next to St. Peter Square and the Gmex/MICC

More about Radisson Edwardian Manchester

superb stay

by TripAdvisor Member Germanontour

My Fiancee and I would like to thank everyone at the Radisson Edwardian, Manchester for making our nights stay fantastic. Anthony our waiter in Opus One provided a first class service as sis the rest of the staff. The room upgrade, champagne & chocolates were the icing on the cake. We could not fault a single thing and the memory of our night will stay with us for a long time and we have been singing the hotels prasises to anyone who will listen.

Amazing Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member McCoy

This hotel was fabulous. The decor was really modern. The staff were extremely friendly, especially Joesph on the front desk, who could not have been more helpful with arranging our night time entertainment. This hotel fully deserves their 5* rating.

Radisson management where are you.

by TripAdvisor Member tonytelecom

Stayed here for the second time at christmas.The hotel is new,clean and my room was quiet,large and well kitted.Price was reasonable.Thats the upside.
The hotel is clearly understaffed.It took an hour to check in as there was only one person at the desk whos job it turned out was to park the customers cars as well as check the guests in.
There isnt anywhere to set your car down and no doorman to assist with bags.
There isnt any signs telling you where the entrance is and people are wandering around pulling at various locked doors and been ignored by staff on the other side of the glass.
Now you make think Im been a little petty,but this is supposed to be a five star hotel.When I did get to the wonderful guy at the check in,I asked where all the managers were to be wearily advised by him that they had gone home as it was six in the evening.
I cant help but feel that this a huge opportunity missed by Radisson.

Never a 5 Star Hotel !

by TripAdvisor Member Maac

I have just returned from a weekend stay at this Hotel. Before my visit i read all the comments for the Hotel on "Tripadvisor" and was a little confused because of the varied range of comments. But after my stay i can agree with most of the comments both Good and Bad !
We arrived just after 8.00pm and checked in. I would have thought that four people checking in, on the same booking reference would be straight forward, sadly this was not the case. It took nearly twenty minutes for the check in to be completed ! We then tried to find the Concierge to get directions to a local Restaurant we had booked previously. Sadly the Concierge was no where to be found and the checkin staff didn't know where the Restaurant was, despite it being a 3 minute Taxi ride from the Hotel. The following night it was the exact same story for a different restaurant.
The Bedroom was well furnished and of a very high standard, but my room was small in size compared to many 3-4 star Hotels i have stayed in over the past few years. The bathroom layout was really good but was spoiled by the pressure of the shower, the pressure was poor to very poor and varied depending on the time of day i checked it.
The breakfast ,buffet style,which was included in our package was very good. There was plenty of variety and none of the hot food was over cooked or allowed to lie long enough to dry up. The staff were constantly adding to the hot food and i never saw an empty serving dish. The table service was mixed on both of the mornings i was there. This service differed from being poor on the first morning to superb on the Sunday morning.
The Bar area of the Hotel has atmosphere, helpful staff and thats the positive side . The negative side of the Bar is the prices. A pint of beer was £5.50 ($10.00) and a Double Bacardi and Coke (English Measures) cost £13.50 ($24.50). I tried very hard to see the justification for such charges but i couldn't find any.
This Hotel is advertised as a top hotel, maybe in time it will be, but not until the important issues are addressed and the Management gives their customers a service that they are paying a lot of money for !
Overall i had an enjoyable stay, but ,it would have been better if it had have been without the problems i have mentioned.

Nice Architecture, shame about one of the staff

by TripAdvisor Member Gresham

Stayed here as a part of a UK tour so easy to compare it to other hotels.
Lovely feel to the building in Architectural terms. Staff friendly and helpful on arrival - took the car away and parked it for me (at a charge of £20). Very nice room.

We were working at the hotel (avoid as a conference venue until they get the a/c sorted out - our delegates were freezing and the hotel couldn't get it warmer).

Overall as a place to stay rather than work I liked it, but at check out our car park charge which our client was paying for was asked for again as an 'extra'. I explained that the conference organisers were paying (these people were actually in the hotel at the time). The front desk 'checked' and said no, I had to pay, so I said check it with the organisers again.

At this point customer service vanished and I got one of those 'you're trying to fiddle this' looks coupled with a really offensive tone of voice. I am not fond of effectively being called a liar, so I left them to sort it out, which they promptly did by debiting my credit card without my permission!

Eventually they did sort it out correctly and refunded the charge - no apology, no nothing. Very disappointing as many other members of staff were very pleasant.

Needless to say I wouldn't go back.

loved it.

Stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of april start of may.

Check in was simple and fast with no wait, we were shown to the lifts and told how to use the key card to operate the lift (security reasons)

We had a deluxe room on the 10 floor getting out of lift gave us first great view ove rmanchester the hotel is very well apointed, clean and modern.

our room did have a slight odour of smoke althought it was ment to be a none smoking room, however it was slight so we did not bother too much.

Room was very nice, bed was very comfortable, views fab, loved the wet bathroom, showers presure was amazing only one slight peroblem the glass sink bolw was chipped but it was only slight and did not cause any problems.

my boyfriend had ordered chocs, flowers and champs to be put in the room but they were not there, he went to find out why and was i little mad about this as it was to be a suprise. when he returned he found out iwas kinda a mix up in both the hotel and his communication, so no onre really to blame the flowers arrived and so did hte champ very quickly. he only had to pay for the flowers and we decided not to have the chocs.

Drinks in bar were quite expensive £8.50 a cocktail plus 10% optional service charge but they were very well made, bar had an nice atmosphere so we treated ourselves and had quite a few!! pint of coors light £3.00.

Spa area clean nice helpful staff. Fab sauna and steam room with groovy lights.

we felt roomservice was well priced, has some late night dessert, £7.50 all in also rooomservice breakfast one morning it is the sampe price as downstairs £15.00 all in, so not bad down stairs is all yopu care to eat buffet while room service you get tthe same choice. arrived hot and well presented.

Room had wonderful aircon, silent and it worked which is a bonus as quite a lot of uk hotels i have stayed in always blew out a kinda warm stream of air no matrer how cold i wanted it.

overall we had a great stay, was not cheap but you could have paid a lot more for the same thing else where eg london. will be back.

Comments