Radisson SAS Hotel Manchester Airport

Chicago Ave, Manchester Airport, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M90 3RA, United Kingdom

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

STAY IN THE AIRPORT

I have stayed here several times for business meetings and VT meetings. It’s actually the best way to stay near Manchester Airport, as it’s actually inside the airport in the middle of the 3 terminals. Despite being next to the runway, it is sound-proofed and the rooms are silent at night. They have 4 themes to the rooms and I have stayed in 2 of them. Avoid the ‘Scandinavian’ rooms. The furniture was very low and I picked up a bunch of bruises on my shins. Otherwise I can recommend this hotel for early morning flights (with car parking package) or as a business conference facility that you can reach by car or train.

While you are here, even for meetings, you will enjoy the food. It is excellent and the SUPER BREAKFAST is not to be missed. They even have American breakfast items. The bar is great and they can mix any drink and even have live music. Try and get your boss drunk so they pay the bar bill, it’s not cheap.

All in all, it’s a unique and nice hotel.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • Located inside airport in the middle of all 3 terminals
    • 360 rooms and suites ( all rooms are quiet)
    • Free internet (Wi-Fi and ports in rooms)
    • Indoor pool, Gym and SPA
    • Excellent food and bar service
    • Great views of the runways
    • Business Service Centre (07:00 - 19:00), 24-hour room service , Concierge service

ROOMS
    All rooms have air conditioning, minibar, free internet, 2 telephones, safe, satellite TV soundproofed windows, modern bathroom with bathtub/shower and firm mattresses.

There are 3 categories of rooms:

- Standard Rooms
    * Four distinct design styles (Italian, Scandinavian, Maritime and Oriental themes)
    * Approximate room size - 27 m2
    * Coffee and tea provisions
    * Free pay movies

- Business Class Rooms
    • Highest floors with views of the Manchester and Cheshire
    • Bathrobe, slippers, Super Breakfast Buffet, newspaper and access to Business Class Lounge.
    • Access the Business Lounge between 07:00 - 21:00 (drinks, canapés and light snacks)
    • Private Check-in on the ninth floor
    • Approximate room size - 27 m2, maximum of 3 guests

- Suites
    • There are 6
    • Separate lounge and bedroom
    • All the amenities as the Business Class Rooms including access to the Business Class Lounge

FOOD & DRINK (looking out over the runways)
    • Collage Restaurant (varied from Lobster to pizza)
    • “little m” Bar at lobby level (evening live music or DJ)
    • Super Breakfast - extensive buffet (Continental, North European, and American cuisine)

LEISURE FACILITIES
    • 12-metre indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, solarium
    • Fully equipped gym and staff
    • Beauty Lounge (services such as facials, manicures, massages and waxing)

TRANSPORT & PARKING PACKAGES
    • Next door to the train station inside the airport
    • Secure on-site parking for 220 cars £12 a day
    Park & Fly Packages available:
    • One-night accommodation and 4 days off-site secure car parking
    • One-night accommodation and 8 days car parking
    • One-night accommodation + 15 days car parking

• carlrea's Profile Photo

An upmarket chain i could get used to!!

I stayed here after a Christmas party that was actually held at Manchester airport (well it saves on taxi's) and i was generally very impressed with the room but i was more impressed with the service which i have to say was excellent. A full buffet breakfast was provided in the morning along with endless refills of coffee just as i was taking my last sip
    (how do they know when you've finished)

Unique Quality: To be honest did not have time to hit the gym or the pool as i was only there for one night but the room was comfy and the temperature was nicely controlled. even though not my own bed still got a decent nights kip!

More about Radisson SAS Hotel Manchester Airport

Super exciting location - at a price

by TripAdvisor Member MediterreanFlair

I've stayed at the Radisson Hotel Manchester Airport about four or five times over the last three years. The location is its best asset. The room rates (except for weekend specials) are overpriced and the food/bar prices totally exhorbitant.
The hotel is not many years old, but has developed a shabby feeling very quickly - and that smell of smoke or whatever it is in the corridors is really ugly. Like some old pub.
Unfortunately, all considered, it is the best hotel there is right at the airport.

Excellent service

The service offered for an over night stay with 10 days parking was just as described on booking.
We were looking for off site parking with the car taken and returned by a member of staff. This was achieved with the minimum of fuss.
The room was excellent, an complementarty upgrade given registration.
That said the meals and drinks might seem a bit pricey against pub prices. Remember this is a four/five star hotel.
Access to the terminals is a short walk along covered and weatherproof walk ways....about 5mins.

If you don't mind around £150 for one night stay with upto 14 nights parking go for this one.

Good hotel in convenient location

I stayed at this hotel for a night as I had a very early flight to catch. I would agree with other reviewers that the decor was nothing special, at least in my room, but the room which I was given was spacious and warm. I asked for a quiet room and got exactly that. I did not hear any kind of noise. I slept very well. The hotel windows are triple-glased and so although the hotel is in the heart of the airport, you do not get any noise from the aircrafts. Overall quite happy with my stay at the Radisson at Manchester Airport. I would stay there again. On the downside, the hotel is expensive and you pay extra for breakfast. But can you beat the connection to your terminal via an elevated passenger walkway?

best deal ever

We stayed on the celebration deal which included breakfast and dinner an upgraded room which was superb a bottle of wine and chocolates in the room all for £170 which I think was excellent value, the food was excellent a perfect way to start your holiday, went and checked in luggage and came back for leisurely breakfast.

Excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Julia99

I stayed in this hotel for one night in Feb 2005. As other reviewers have noted, the location is fantastic. There was a couple next to me at breakfast who had got up early, checked their bags in at the airport and then come back to the hotel for breakfast - great idea! My room was an Italian theme, quite unusual and made a pleasant change from the usual standard hotel rooms. The public areas were very pleasant, the staff really friendly and overall the hotel has a really good atmposphere.

There were 2 negative points. Firstly the hotel didn't have my booking. Not sure if this was expedia's fault or the hotel's. But the hotel staff were very aplogetic and let me have a room anyway, saying they'd sort it out with expedia later on. Secondly, the food, drinks, parking etc are a complete rip off. Really, really expensive. Although the barriers on the carpark weren't working while I was there so I managed to avoid the parking charge.

FABULOUS HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member IainStaffs

I stayed here for one night in Feb`2005 as I had a intervew in Terminal 2 the follow morning. I would totally recommend this hotel, Excellently located to all 3 terminals...

I upgraded to a Business Class room, On the 9th Floor with a runway view, I think it was a Italian themed room...

Staff, very professional, polite and easily approachable...

This hotel is a great hotel, although a bit pricey, worth every penny...

Check in/out was easy and painless

Sheer class worth every penny

by TripAdvisor Member sjljersey

I read some of the earlier reviews having already booked into this hotel and I must admit I was a bit concerned about the references to a smell in the hotel. I needn't have been concerned there was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel in any way what so ever.

I booked into a suite with fantastic views of the runway. It was like a home from home, what more could you want. Fantastic plush furnishings and second to none personal touches such as a bottle of bubby in the room on arrival.

Room service was fast efficient and very tasty. If you are watching your budget, eat in the airport or grab a sanwich from M&S. But if you want to kick your shoes of, sample a fine wine with wonderful food plus every changing scenery outside your window - spoil yourself.

I enjoyed myself so much I am taking my husband with me next time!

Spot on

by TripAdvisor Member hoj

This is a really good quality hotel, in an ideal location for travellers, their are good car parking offers to be had .

The rooms are spacious, with nice bathrooms and views of the airport which is a bonus for spotters and kids (not stereotyping!!!) I loved it!

Handy airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MrsMungo

We stayed at this hotel the night before flying out to Orlando. We arrived by coach at Manchester airport and it was not too far to get to the hotel (all undercover). Sadly we did not get a room with a runway view, but the view over Manchester is nice enough. The bed is at a jaunty angle in the room, I suppose to optimise space. The bed/pillows/quilt were all very comfortable. The bathroom, heated floor and free toiletries were superb. One word of warning the hotel bar is mega expensive - just under 5 quid for a glass of house wine. Suggest either BYO or visit the M&S Simply Food shop near the station (open till 7pm).
We were totally refreshed on arriving to check in for our flight, as we had literally just got out of bed. It's a perfect way to start any holiday.

Radisson SAS Manchester

by JANE1975

Where is this hotel, I know the one at the Airport but cannot for the life of me think where there is one in central manchester.

And, what's it like has anyone stayed there.

thanks

jane

RE: Radisson SAS Manchester

by Bowdonman

Up the end of Deansgate and turn left just before the Cathedral. Typical City Centre gin palace. A place without a soul.

Comments