Travelodge Manchester Airport

Runger Lane, Olympic House, Manchester, Greater Manchester, WA15 8XW, United Kingdom

Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Half a Mile From The Airport? HA!

Travelodges are Travelodges and as hotels go they always provide a comfortable bed and are cheap. Here at Manchester Airport the hotel was fine, service was fine and everything was exactly as to be expected EXCEPT for the fact that it is nowhere near the airport!

When I booked this the website said it was 0.5 miles from the airport and that was the basis I booked it on (and it was cheap) thinking that as I was travelling light I could just walk there and back having arranged to meet a special friend off her flight in the morning.

Yes it is half-a-mile from the airport, but only as the crow flies, with the actual road distance being a good three or four miles. There is a regular shuttle service at a cost of 5 GBP per person which takes about 20 minutes but if there are two of you you are better off getting a taxi which is only about 6 pounds and takes about 10 minutes.

Unique Quality: Sorry no outstanding characteristics apart from being cheap and I'll give this one a miss next time.

Directions: On the outskirts of the airport but nowhere bear the terminals and a couple of miles by road (easy to access from the motorway though!).

• leplaya's Profile Photo

Nice, cheap place to stay at the airport

This is a basic, clean hotel with fairly new facilities. The hotel is about 2 miles from the Airport and has all the basics (you can ask for more, but it might cost extra). For 28 pounds for a family room that fits 4 people, this is the one place in the UK that I didn't feel like I was overpaying.

Unique Quality: The rooms include a TV and there a restaurant/bar at the hotel. There are shuttles to the airport but they cost 3 pounds a person. A taxi ride from the airport is 5 pounds.

More about Travelodge Manchester Airport

Perfect Overnight Stay At a Super Price

by TripAdvisor Member ram1977

I had a overnight stay at the Manchester Airport Travelodge on Monday 30th April 2007, prebooked room online at [--] and got a amazing rate of £15 for the night.

Hotel is located just to the west of the airport on Runger Lane about a 5 mins drive away from the airport itself.

I was given a standard double room which was of a good size, it had a large comfortable double bed, the room itself was basic but perfectly adequate for what i needed it for. I checked in at about 11.30pm and checked out the following morning at 8.30am.

You do get a TV with the 5 regular UK channels on it, plus a kettle with milk, tea, coffee, sugar ect.

No complaints about the bathroom, again its basic, all you get is a bath/shower combo, a toilet, 1 small bar of soap, 2 plastic cups and a roll of toilet paper.

Overall a great budget hotel for anyone wanting a overnight stay at Manchester Airport.

Poor Food Service, rooms too warm

by TripAdvisor Member uklad79

Stopped here before an early morning flight. We had a load of trouble with the food service, the bed was rubbish and sank into the middle and the rooms were so warm we woke up with the dry air (you can not open the windows at night as the noise from the motorway is unbareable, and the lift stopped 10cm too high on the ground floor which was unsafe in anyones eyes! I have complained to the hotel about the place see below for an account of the problems with the food.

"We arrived at around 8pm checked in, We then decided to have something to eat so went to the bar at around 8.20pm decided what we wanted from the menu and went to the bar to order we were then presented with a list of food we could not order, the list was most of the main courses! We were left with 2 options from the mains which were Sausage & Mash and Cheese burger we ordered one of each along with a starter platter and an order of garlic bread with cheese. By 9pm we had no food and people who had ordered after us were being served. I went to the bar the guy asked for my receipt as the kitchen couldn't find the order! By 9.10 nothing had arrived so I went to see the reception to speak to the manager on duty she went to check with the kitchen and yet again the order was lost!!! She wrote it down and refunded half of the cost of the food as I still had the card reciept. At 9.15 our starters came we eat these within 5 mins as we were by now very hungry, and waited for our main course. At 9.30 I went to the bar to get some drinks when I came back I found fish and chips, burger and chips and a bowl of chips on our table! This was not what had been ordered so I again went to see the reception who went to the kitchen to sort out the mess. We then got the correct food it was minus the garlic bread which I was told would be streight out so I went to collect some knives and forks only to find no forks. I asked a member of staff and was told that they would go and wash some and asked me to wait, while waiting the table next to where I was stood was brought the wrong food! Something was going wrong in the kitchen which didn't seem to have any management in charge of it. We now had knives and forks and our food minus the garlic bread which arrived at 9.50 as we were leaving to go to bed!

I have stayed at this hotel in Nov06 and the food service was great, things have really gone down hill so soon after opening! We were planning to stay again in July and Nov but from the service I we recived we will most likely stay at Bewleys"

Rested before our flight back home.

by TripAdvisor Member MyLSD

This was just what we needed before our long flight back to the US. The room was at least clean and It was actually pretty spacious, and even had a couch in the room. It was very plain - nothing fancy, but we really just needed a place to crash before our flight. The bed was kind of flat, but like I said, it served its purpose. At least with the Travelodge name attached, then you can expect a certain standard level.

Manchester has FREE public transportation via bus, so we were able to get around Manchester by walking and catching the bus. We didn't really find much to do there, so we just roamed around and made a complete circle around center city. We definitely were able to cover Manchester in one day before we flew home the next. We booked directly through the Travelodge website and were able to find a really decent rate, considering the darn british pound conversion! It was a much better hotel then the cheapest one you'd find in London!

Awful!

by TripAdvisor Member daytona084

When was the last time you stayed in a hotel with no telephone in the room?! They make you pay when you check in! They make you pay extra for internet! You cannot put your restaurant bill on your room tab! No shampoo! No hair dryer! Not cheap. The message is clear... we want the maximum amount of payment from the guest for the miniumum in return. If this is typical of a Travelodge, I will never select Travelodge again!

Awful Hotel that requires updating

This hotel is truly awful. When I went to check in the hotel receptionist was shouting at a contractor who needed some information. When I asked to check in, she was barely courteous and I would say damn right rude. She offered no hotel information at all - I had to ask where my room was, where the restaurant was, serving times for dinner and for breakfast. On arriving to my hotel room, it was clean but jaded. The bed was far too soft and sagged in the middle. My duvet cover was ripped and the duvet hanging out of it. I braved the restaurant but I wish I hadn't. Extremely overpriced microwaved food. For starters the bar staff couldn't open the bottle of wine, so I had to do it myself which I received no thanks for. The starter of chicken satay was truly awful, microwaved and nuked to death. The salad I had consisted primarily of lettuce leaves in a bitter salad dressing with such an after taste it burnt the back of my throat. I had to ask where to get cutlery - the staff just couldn't be bothered. I know t is a travellodge but I expect a better standard of customer care than I received. Don't stay there, spend a little more money and get a decent nights stay somewhere else.

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member ClaretAl

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night prior to an early morning check-in at Manchester Airport for a long haul flight .

We made our reservation on-line on the Travelodge website and booked a double non-smoking room which we were duly allocated.

The check in staff were polite and efficient and the room itself was basic but roomy enough and most importantly, clean and comfortable and all the amenities worked.

The bar was a bit soul-less and a little overpriced (£5.15 for a pint and a can of cider) but as we'd only paid £26 for the room couldn't really complain too much!
We didn't have a meal as we'd already eaten but it looked to be the standard pub grub type food.

The hotel is lterally a few minutes drive from the airport and they provide a shuttle bus every 20 minutes (to the airport only) which arrived bang on time and was a very reasonable £3 per head.

Overall we were more than satisfied with our one night stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in similar circumstances.

On the road to Marrakesh

by TripAdvisor Member lelanni

Checked in on 03/04/07 as we had an early flight next morning, the staff were very pleasant and amicable. Room was great with towels and tea making facilities - hairdriers/ irons can be picked up in reception. Soap provided so I took small bottles of shampoo etc . Went to Rompers for a meal as suggested but they were not serving food, for technical difficulties. Had a drink there, quite pricey ,and I noticed that sandwiches were about £5, but it is a lovely place.
Went back to Travelodge and ate there . Good pub grub, no problems. Burger+chips, sausage +mash with onion gravy under £12, washed down with a bottle of wine. No noise from the airport in room,slept well. Went down 15 mins early (0525) to await our transfer by the hotels mini-bus and our driver was there ready- a lovely fella. We only paid £15 but it would have been a good deal at £50. If you want more then you should pay for it and go elsewhere- I preferred having the money to spend on my hols

Basic, no phone but clean and good location for airport

by TripAdvisor Member trollking

Stayed for one night before flight from Manchester Aiport. Room was very basic with no phone or hair drier but clean, tidy and quite large. Had an ok meal in the restaurant. Asked for more pillows from reception but young girl seemed to be rushed off her feet with no help. Didn't get the pillows. Also parking instructions/vochure to the local Secuapark gave wrong road names. Very frustrating especially at 6am.

direct dial number for travelodge

by melisende

Hello;
Would anyone know the direct dial number to Travelodge? I am unable to call from the US,and I have an question about the Manchester airport property. I havent been able to find a real, non-watts line phone number for either. (and my emails have gone unanswered)
thanks

by aaaarrgh

Tel: 0161 9038972

Found on Saynoto0870.com

by hawkhead

Just in case you aren't familiar with UK numbers - the 0161 will be a direct line and will be much cheaper to call than the 0870 which is a non-georgraphical number and is charged at a higher rate. Also, the 0870 number will be to a general "depot" rather than to the specific Travelodge.

Comments