Bredbury Hall Hotel

JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

Hooking Up at Bredbury Hall

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 29, 2006

Obviously the best reason to stay is to make your visit coincide with the Miss Bredbury Hall Contest - as a (close to) Stockport cultural event, it's the next best thing to drunkenly screaming at the telly during a Manc City match while wearing the traditional tracksuit.

My room was like a lovely old lady's room. I called it the 'Naughty Granny Suite'.

Since I was there mostly for business I will commend anyone who plans on renting out The Oak Room - which I liked alot for the attentive staff, climate control, etc.

Like many places, it has highspeed internet which is a must nowadays...

Unique Quality: Miss Bredbury Hall contest is the outstanding characteristic of this accommodation. 2006's Winner Dawn Worley was cutehot and I told her she looked like a little Jewish-Moroccan deli owner in the French Quarter of New Orleans that I missed dearly.

charlesracine's Profile Photo

A night spot

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 6, 2006

Stayed here many times. The rooms are a bit basic, but clean.

Unique Quality: As part of the hotel is an all night pub. It is quite unique and worth a stop to see. There are several bars located throughout and you walk from a bar on the hotel side thru a small old underground tunnel. There is a small spring & stream there also. Watch out for the ghost, there is a photo of him, though I haven't seen it.
On the nightclub side is where there are at least 5 different bars scatered around. Smart casual dress is suggested. Dancing and drinking well into the night.

Directions: Use a taxi to get to it from the Stockport train station is best. Though if driving, Osborne Street, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2DH

Keep your tattoos out of sight !

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 19, 2006

I have recently returned from a long weekend away in Manchester. On the friday evening, me and a couple of friends decided to pay a visit to Bredbury hall to make the most of the half price champagne. I knew it was quite a posh place so i wore a pair if black trousers, a wrapover top and a smart black cardi. We got in no problem, ordered our champagne and sat down. Within minutes of me taking my cardi off i was approached by a bouncer and asked to leave because i had a couple of tattoos showing(nothing offensive). I offered to put my cardi back on if we could finish our drinks and he seemed satisfied and walked off. But a couple of minutes later he reappeared and said that the manager had been down and i would still have to leave(even though i still had my cardi on and my tattoos were no longer visible). We got up and left without making a fuss, which just proved that i wasn't the sort of person they were judging me to be. So a word of warning to anyone thinking of paying a visit to Bredbury Hall who happens to have a tattoo - Keep it covered up, because if they even think that you have a tattoo under your clothing you'll be out on your ear !

Nearby Bredbury Hall Hotel

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Stockport Travel Forum

Need advice about Stockport, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Stockport and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Stockport hotel reviews