Goyt Valley, Bredbury, Stockport, Cheshire, SK6 2DH, United Kingdom

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

Hooking Up at Bredbury Hall

Obviously the best reason to stay is to make your visit coincide with the Miss Bredbury Hall Contest - as a (close to) Stockport cultural event, it's the next best thing to drunkenly screaming at the telly during a Manc City match while wearing the traditional tracksuit.

My room was like a lovely old lady's room. I called it the 'Naughty Granny Suite'.

Since I was there mostly for business I will commend anyone who plans on renting out The Oak Room - which I liked alot for the attentive staff, climate control, etc.

Like many places, it has highspeed internet which is a must nowadays...

Unique Quality: Miss Bredbury Hall contest is the outstanding characteristic of this accommodation. 2006's Winner Dawn Worley was cutehot and I told her she looked like a little Jewish-Moroccan deli owner in the French Quarter of New Orleans that I missed dearly.

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

A night spot

Stayed here many times. The rooms are a bit basic, but clean.

Unique Quality: As part of the hotel is an all night pub. It is quite unique and worth a stop to see. There are several bars located throughout and you walk from a bar on the hotel side thru a small old underground tunnel. There is a small spring & stream there also. Watch out for the ghost, there is a photo of him, though I haven't seen it.
    On the nightclub side is where there are at least 5 different bars scatered around. Smart casual dress is suggested. Dancing and drinking well into the night.

Directions: Use a taxi to get to it from the Stockport train station is best. Though if driving, Osborne Street, Bredbury, Stockport, SK6 2DH

• Keep your tattoos out of sight !

I have recently returned from a long weekend away in Manchester. On the friday evening, me and a couple of friends decided to pay a visit to Bredbury hall to make the most of the half price champagne. I knew it was quite a posh place so i wore a pair if black trousers, a wrapover top and a smart black cardi. We got in no problem, ordered our champagne and sat down. Within minutes of me taking my cardi off i was approached by a bouncer and asked to leave because i had a couple of tattoos showing(nothing offensive). I offered to put my cardi back on if we could finish our drinks and he seemed satisfied and walked off. But a couple of minutes later he reappeared and said that the manager had been down and i would still have to leave(even though i still had my cardi on and my tattoos were no longer visible). We got up and left without making a fuss, which just proved that i wasn't the sort of person they were judging me to be. So a word of warning to anyone thinking of paying a visit to Bredbury Hall who happens to have a tattoo - Keep it covered up, because if they even think that you have a tattoo under your clothing you'll be out on your ear !

Comments