Travelodge Macclesfield

A523 London Road, South Adlington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4NG, United Kingdom
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington

Chadkirk ChapelChadkirk Chapel

The Old RectoryThe Old Rectory

What's new??

by Matthuffy

So no one from Stockport here????

Stockport is in Cheshire, south of Manchester

RE: What's new??

by zuriga

Is that a town in Yorkshire? Or am I thinking of Stockton?

by zuriga

OK.. wrong town. I'm new to the UK. :-) I had to hide in a pub once, and I'm sure it was Stock something but in Yorkshire. We're going to Chester one of these days - had to cancel out in October due to illness. I'll look for Alderley!

by Matthuffy

do that, it is a funny place! however, i do not live there anylonger. left about 7 years ago :) thank god i got out of the UK :)

RE: What's new??

by hayward68

There's a VT member living there, but I can't give you her name as she might not like that :-( But I've been to see her at her home.

by Matthuffy

well, that's not much help ;) as we say, jebi ga bre!!

by hayward68

Just went to Stockport page and it says 60 members living there, and some have even logged on recently.

by Matthuffy

yes, but that is too easy! i want to see who replies living there :)

by Matthuffy

I used to live near there, Can't stand the place but was curious to see if anyone was on VT from there. I guess people get out of Stockport as soon as possible?? ;)

I live here though now http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8acb7/b0b44/

who is Len???

by stevehallam

no need to be insulting to the people of Stockport. It has many nice suburbs and a lot of very friendly people.
These forums aren't for slagging off areas you may not like, but to give informative advice when asked.

by Matthuffy

and when did we slag the place off??? chill man

by Matthuffy

but if it is so good, why don't you do a page on it?

by prisoner

Hi All, sorry I too a long time to join in, I don't come in very much. I've lived here all my life and really like the place. I visit other cities for the night life and they all have their good and bad points. This is a biker friendly town with a good live music scene around the market place and the gathering of bikers on August bank holiday really rocks. Don't get me wrong, it's not all wild, Sockport is a big and varied place. If you don't like Bikes and Rock music, check out Bramhall (the Hall), Poynton, the High Lane area (Canals)..... all great for a quiet day out.

by Matthuffy

Well, I could not resist it, to make a reply a year later again, just to keep up with the momentum :)

I have not visited VT since I think I posted this question, been on travels, but no effort to post them in VT atm... But i just could not resist after noticing the last reply was a year later :)

well, I used to be a Biker in Stockport for a very very short while, before I escaped :)

I will be visiting there this summer to catch up on old mates, will be the first time i have entered back into the UK for 8 years, woosh, time flies. But I am sure looking forward to a decent Pint and a bag of chips and meat & potato pie with a mushy pees topping :) funny how it is the unhealthy part of life we miss from our mother lands :)

Travel Tips for Stockport

Facilities at Bramall Hall

by Ines28

I haven't certainly seen everything in Stockport, but Bramall Hall seems to be the most beautiful place to visit.
Just a few tips about the Park:
there are also toilet facilities, the car park is a pay and display and there is a childrens play area, with slides, swings etc. You can also visit the shop without paying the entrance fee, they have some nice souvenirs but are quite expensive.

Worship of Gemma Louise Henry

by JamalMorelli

Yes sir, you can and will call her Miss Manchester 2005 (since she is) - but Stockport's celebrity girl is a local point of pride and worship. May the A6 rise with you, Gemma.

Keep up with her here for when you are passing through Stockport -

STATS
hair: Blonde
eyes: Green
height: 5' 6" bust: 32B"
waist: 22"
hips: 33"

Lyme Hall Orangery

by Ines28

The Orangery contains some of the plants from the time of the first Lord Newton and his intitials can be seen on the floor.
The fountain and much of the planting is modern but a 90 year old fig grows on the back wall and another wall has two Camellias which are thought to be about 175 years old and which are both of rare and so far unidentified species.

Bramall Hall

by Ines28

Bramall Hall is a superb example of a "Cheshire Black and White" timber framed manor house with origins dating back to Medieval England. It presents the visitor with a marvellous historic record spanning six centuries. The house itself consists of beautiful Tudor rooms withs carpets of the 16th century, wall paintings, spectacular plaster ceilings as well as furniture and paintings from different periods.
It is set in 70 acres of beautiful parkland with two lakes, woodland walks and gardens.

Admission fee: GBP 3,50 for adults
Sunday 11.00 - 4.00
Jan. 2nd - March: Sat. & Sun. only 12.00-4.00

Crowther street

by mickeyboy07

This street was famously painted by L.S.Lowry in 1930 and the painting can be seen at the Stockport Art Gallery.The slang name for Crowther street was 'Bombers Brow'literally Bailiffs Brow.It was notorious locally for moonlight flits and Lowry,as a rent collector,would no doubt have had to bear this in mind.The houses were demolished earlier in the century and were reconstructed in 2004.

Comments