The Duke Of Buckingham

Based on 215 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com

Tags

Trains Business Travel Water Sports

Avoid if you can to avoid any frustration

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2012

Booked the hotel for a Friday night and called up on the Thursday afternoon to say we couldn't make it because the girlfriend was very ill and they could resell it. It was a non-refundable and non-transferable booking which I was aware of. I let them know I would try and get someone from the event I was supposed to attend but to let the room go regardless. Moy, one of the staff told me thank you and I could use the room another time which I was very impressed with and thought that was the end of it. I had no other reason to call and did so to do the right thing, which turned out to be a harassing experience.

Over a dozen calls later on the Friday night (which was far too many) to my girlfriend who couldn't answer the phone, me calling them again to explain the next day and asking them not to call anymore (to which Tom confirmed everything was alright), to more calls and an email from the manager contradicting everything the staff had said I had had enough.

Things go wrong and I appreciate that, but the way they handled it, the complete miscommunication internally and to me was just embarrassing and frustrating. If nothing goes wrong I am sure this place would be fine, but if it goes wrong you have no hope of a stress free stay!

Nearby The Duke Of Buckingham

The Duke Of Buckingham

• The Duke Of Buckingham Hotel Portsmouth

Address: 110 High Street, Portsmouth, PO1 2HW, United Kingdom

Portsmouth Travel Forum

Need advice about Portsmouth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Portsmouth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Portsmouth hotel reviews