Alberta Guest House

Tags

Seniors Family Travel Singles
See Amenities
leics's Profile Photo

Clean, convenient, friendly....and a new name!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 27, 2013

Note....the Alberta Guest House is changing its name to 'Kidswells House'.

This is a cleverly-adapted group of 6 (I think) terraced houses, with the ground floor of one knocked through to provide reception and a large breakfast room. One room has its own balcony to the rear. Each 'house' has its own separate front door so guests can come and go as they please (you are provided with a front door key as well as a room key).

The back gardens have been made into a big car park (very useful indeed), with a small lawned area for sitting out. The property is non-smoking throughout, which is of course normal in the UK.

The staff I met were all very friendly, pleasant and happy to chat.

My room was comfortable and clean, with tea/coffee and kettle provided. The water in the en-suite was always hot and the shower pressure good. Wifi is free and worked efficiently in my room. There's a good choice for breakfast and the hot items were well-cooked.
immediate area isn't particularly pretty it is perfectly safe to walk around. There are a couple of pubs and several fast-food/take-away places nearby, although I didn't use any.

The Alberta offers a good-value, clean and comfortable base for exploring Hereford and the surrounding countryside. Recommended.

Directions: Easily accessed by following the A49 signed to Newtown/Leominster. Turn right at the roundabout by Pizza Hut.

Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Newly refurnished

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 7, 2009

So much about this guest house is spot on, but it didn’t really work for me. The location is fine, 10 minutes walk from the city centre, and it has a huge car park.

We arrived and waited for what seemed ages on the doorstep after ringing the bell. We were then shown into an empty room to register. The lady appeared to be the owner and whilst not unfriendly she was not over welcoming. We were shown to our rooms through the dining room which would not have looked out of place in a 3 star hotel. Really modern and stylish – certainly not what one expects. The room had obviously been newly fitted out and was spotlessly clean. However there were some problems – the kettle lead was too short so you had to boil the kettle on the floor – surely a Health and Safety issue? The curtains were unlined and at 6am the sun was streaming through them. Lastly, the bed was really uncomfortable. The place was busy but it seemed that we were the only tourists – the other guests were all tradesmen. Whilst this was no problem in itself it did not create the right ambience for a leisure break and had we been staying more than one night I would have been really disappointed.

I guessed that the owners may be new and are turning the place round by refurnishing it and possibly aiming it more at tourists – but at the moment the balance is wrong and I wouldn’t stay there again.

Nearby Alberta Guest House

5 Photos of Alberta Guest House

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Alberta Guest House

• Free Parking

Hereford Travel Forum

Need advice about Hereford, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Hereford and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hereford hotel reviews