Frithwood House

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Watford

Watford Junction StationWatford Junction Station

The long road homeThe long road home

My favourite view of Cassiobury ParkMy favourite view of Cassiobury Park

Old postcardOld postcard

transportation

by waleskayeleo

I would like to know if there is transportation between Waterford and Northwood. How can I find out about the frequency of the transportation services?

Thanks,

W. Arzuaga

Re: transportation

by clivedinburgh

The Arriva No8 bus runs from Watford to Northwood, cost of £2.30 per single journey.

Travel Tips for Watford

Best Team in the Country

by traceyspacey

When in Watford, go and see Watford football club (Hornets) play. Currently in the premiership, although relegated. It is special as they are my club and everyone in Watford should go to at least one match.

Watford - Centre of the Universe

by jezzer

"What can I say?"

What can I say about Watford. I wish that I could say that it was one of the nicest places in the world. Certainly the word idillic and Watford would rarely come into the same sentence, if not the same paragraph.

Still, for me it is home. Pleasant enough. Fairly good facilities, one or two nice eating places. Probably it's best feature is that it is close to London, so you can add all the atractions that London boasts to its benefits - ok, stretching it a bit I know.

"Eating"

One of my passions.

Dine India is a very good Indian restaurant. The fact that 80% of their customers are regulars says something about the food.

Tim's Table, Chinese restaurant in Mill End, near Rickmansworth, is also a favourite of mine.

Having a family, other reasonable eateries include: Rising Sun (Brewers Fair), Two Bridges (Harvester), TGI Friday's (in Garston, North Watford), Pizza Express (in the High Street in Watford centre).

Watford, Hertfordshire

by Hicky559

"The Town"

Watford is located 14 miles north of London City. Quite handy I suppose, but I don't go into the City much.
I'm not originally from here, so I'm not that passionate about it! I live here because I work here I suppose.

Anyway, it doesn't really have a major industry for which it is famous. A lot of people live here because it is so close to London and because it is on the major routes (M25 & M1).

It is a very popular place for weekly shoppers, mainly because of the Harlequin centre.
It is home to Watford Football Club, who are in the 1st Division, and not doing particularly well I have to say. (I am not a Watford supporter!)
It is also home to the Saracens Rugby Club. Both teams play at the famous Vicarage Road stadium.

It is also a VERY popular spot for the nightlife. We have numerous bars and clubs in the centre of town which attract thousands of people at the weekend.
The most popular club must be Destiny although Area always seems busy too.
There is the Colloseum which has regular shows performing. Quite good too, it beats jumping on the tube into London.

"Cassiobury Park"

My most visited spot in Watford is Cassiobury Park. Its smack in the middle of the town and is well worth a visit if you have kids or a dog to walk.
Its huge so it's never too crowded.
There is a paddling pool which is very welcoming in the summer, the kids love it! Also a playground.
There is a river running through the park, great for the pooch to chase the ducks! The Grand Union Canal also runs through.
There are tennis courts, football pitches and believe it or not, a minature steam train.
Events regularly take place in the park, like The Rainbow Festival, the fairground visits frequently and the annual firework display, many other events too.

"Around about"

Whippendell Woods is also a nice spot for dog walking, as is The Aquadome at Rickmansworth. Infact there are plenty places to get away from the hussel and bussel of the town.
I live a stone's throw away from the Grand Union Canal. This is great for biking to nearby towns and visiting a few pubs on the way!

Plenty of golf courses.