Hilton Watford

Tags

Business Travel Luxury Travel
See Amenities
St_Vincent's Profile Photo

Good hotel in poor location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 9, 2009

This hotel is not far from where I live but as I had some expiring credits with a hotel booking site and they had a special offer on I thought I'd try it out and booked a free night. Service was good throughout my stay and even though I arrived at the same time as a coach party I got through check-in very quickly. I enjoyed my first Hilton experience and have now added Hilton Honours to my growing list of loyalty accounts - the complimentary water for HH members on arrival was a nice touch.

The location lets it down a bit being right on a main road. This means that if you want to stretch your legs after dinner or pop out for an early morning stroll you'll find yourself walking along a road with rather inadequate footpaths and roaring traffic. There are no proper pubs near the hotel, for restaurants there's an awful Toby Carvery one side and something called the Old Orleans Restaurant & Bar about 5 mins walk the other way. I wouldn't recommend either of them, you're better off using the bar and restaurant at the hotel.

Unique Quality: The public areas are nice with a good comfortable bar with plenty of seating. The restaurant is large and they were doing a buffet style dinner on my visit which was good. The room was nice, quite large with a big desk, the TV had multiple channels including Sky Sports News and also teletext, there was also a CD and radio. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows, there was a tea & coffee tray, hairdryer and a well stocked bathroom.

The hotel also has a health club, including a swimming pool, on site. This is free to guests, with the exception of the sun beds.

Directions: Located right on the main A41 into London. Coming from the North the nearest M1 exit is number 5.

Nearby Hilton Watford

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Suites

Watford Travel Forum

Need advice about Watford, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Watford and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Watford hotel reviews

Premier Inn Watford - Centre East
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Watford
Great value
Restaurants
Best Italian in the world!
Restaurants