Hertford Road (B1000), Near Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City, AL6 0JB, United Kingdom
Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Welwyn Garden City

ParkwayParkway

Typical old country pubTypical old country pub

At my friends house in Welwyn Garden CityAt my friends house in Welwyn Garden City

Howard CentreHoward Centre

I'm picking up my son at Welwyn Station

by colinscomehome

Is there a 20-minute short-stay zone, or even a drop-off/pick-up area outside the Station at Welwyn? I've never been there, and I'm picking up junior on Thursday...

by leics

There is no mention of any parking here (not even disabled parking):

The Howard Centre multi-storey is nearby.

by colin_bramso

There's no drop-off/pick-up right at the station, it's set back behind a pedestrian area. There is street parking in all the streets around the station, plus the multi-storey already mentioned.

by colinsjohnlowth

Thanks very much..

Travel Tips for Welwyn Garden City

Gosling Sports Park

by Willettsworld

The 50 acre Gosling Sports Park is located to the south of the town near the A1(M). The Park is home to Gosling Lifestyle - the regions premier day spa and fitness facility, a 170m dry ski slope, a range of indoor and outdoor tennis and sports facilities including outdoor athletics, cycling tracks, golf, squash and badminton courts.

My home town

by Welwynbred

"History"

I Make no apolgies for taking the following from 'Hertfordshire.com' as they can put it into words far better than me.
Welwyn Garden City is one of England's finest examples of a new town. It takes its name from Welwyn, a separate village situated several miles north of the new town.
The new town was developed in 1920 by Sir Ebenezer Howard, the residential and industrial areas are laid out along tree-lined boulevards with a neo-Georgian town centre which offers excellent shopping facilities.
The industrial and business parks are home to some top companies, including Xerox, Tesco and Roche. "Shreaded Wheat" breakfast cereal is also manufactured in the town, which can sometimes explain the pleasant aroma in the air! Mind you, it has put me off the cereal for years!!!

"Sports Park"

If you visit Welwyn then you must visit it.
Gosling Sports Park is a ground-breaking 52-acre sports and leisure complex. With facilities as diverse as a 170m dry ski slope, the country’s first indoor clay tennis courts, full size athletics and cycling tracks and much, much more, Gosling Sports Park is one of the most comprehensive and prestigious developments of its kind in the UK.

"Golf"

There are two golf courses in the town, with more just outside. It was here that Nick Faldo learnt the game and his name can be seen on the walls of a number of clubhouses in the area.

Comments