The Balmoral Hotel

3-6 Fort Terrace, Bridlington, YO15 2PE, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

• Not child friendly

Stayed here with my young child and parents. I know that we probably had the worst room in the hotel beacause I seen some of the others. The rooms are at best, like your grannys house, tidy but dated. The comparison with a nursing home is is fair. Our room was a joke. I have never stayed in such poor accommodation. It was much worse (and smaller)than any Blackpool boarding house that I ever stayed in. It was not clean. It had broken, junk 1960s/1970s furniture, only fit for a skip. The bed was awful and I didnt get a decent sleep at all. A bit of an insult actually to ask people to pay to stay in that room. It had a toilet that didn't flush properly. I tried to report this but no one would answer the bell at what they called a reception. This so called Hotel doesnt really have a reception. There was never any staff at the desk. When they say they have hairdryers in the room be aware that is is an amazing contraption in the toilets. A big attraction for retro collectors I would say and might do well on ebay. It did actually work- sort of. Also be aware that this Hotel is geared toward pensioner coach tours to the extent that it cannot cater or welcome anyone else. On the plus side - sort , our tiny (single room for 2) had a nice view of the sea. The Hotel is near the sea front but this meant it was noisy and unbearable hot. The idea of air conditioning here is quite laughable as is any notion I might have had of WIFI. They dont even have phones in the room -again boarding house. The proximity to Leisure world and some fine weather saved the day because it meant we didnt need to stay long indoors. The food is excellent for adults. Compliments to the chief for that but they looked at me as if I had landed from Mars when I asked about a childrens menu, It is also regimented. I don't go on holiday to have my breakfast and dinner at set times to suit the staff. Most of the staff were Ok but I witnessed one or two being a little rude and impatient, ironically with the pensioners who are their bread and butter ! I certainly got the impression that they were not enjoying their work ! We paid a good price to say here but I frankly didnt think it was worth even that. This hotel needs a major facelift and change of direction to bring it into this centuary. Felt that I had gone back 20 years in the past. It is in a good location and its a shame but I was very disapointed overall. This Hotel apparently relies on their reputation for good food which is important but it does not absolve them for all their other failings.

Unique Quality: Choice and quality of food good for adults but not children. Meal times restrictive. Ancient decor. Doesnt have any facilities except some entainment geared towards old people in the evenings.

Directions: Central