Canterbury Hotels

Our Members Say

• cleocat profile photo cleocat
  • Reviews: 296

The Dog Inn: Lovely Old Inn

The original Inn was built in the 1600's and has that lovely rustic atmosphere. The proprietor was most friendly and the staff very accommodating. We had a lovely stay.

Atmosphere. Excellent dinner.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written January 10, 2013

• hindu1936 profile photo hindu1936
  • Reviews: 64

Campground Near Cathedral: Canterbury Camping

I have stayed at this campground three times. It is almost within walking distance of the Cathedral, but there is a bus stop at the end of the lane. Just head right out on the same road that goes past the cathedral for about 2 miles. Turn right and go down the lane. This is the normal British campground with a small store, showers, laundry room and very clean. Tenting spots are nicely located on level grass. The last time I was there was 2003 and it was about $6.50 per night per tent. Very quiet. Much better than the camping allowed at the Youth Hostel where there is a lot of noise.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written December 31, 2005

• RhineRoll profile photo RhineRoll
  • Reviews: 434

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palace Farm Hostel: Excellent Place for Budget Minded People

Well, this accommodation is not exactly in Canterbury, but in a small Kentish village called Doddington, which is tucked away in the Kent Downs. If you don't mind the 20 minute drive to Canterbury, I can certainly recommend this place. The drive leads you through wonderful countryside past lush gardens, apple orchards, oast houses, even vineyards. In this hostel-style place, I had a friendly adapted room, access for my wheelchair was no problem at all.

The accommodation consists of a newly converted L-shaped stable, a bit looking like a small motel. Rooms ranging from 2 to 6 beds. Spacious lounge with adjacent self-catering kitchen. Very nice courtyard with picnic benches so weather permitting you can eat your meals under open sky. Very friendly proprietors. For my Sunday/Monday stay I was able to negotiate a price of 32,50 GBP for an entire 4-bed room all to myself, breakfast including.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Disabilities, Budget Travel
  • Written July 31, 2005

My room in the Palace Farm Hostel

• Jenniflower profile photo Jenniflower
  • Reviews: 1567

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shirkoak Farm B & B: A garden full of wonder and delight!

A really nice thing about staying at this Bed and Breakfast is the vast grounds that they have. Some of it is manicured and the rest of it is wilder.

It was a pleasure to be able to walk around the garden, and in this picture we are hiding amongst the willow leaves beside the pond :)

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Castles and Palaces, Historical Travel
  • Written April 15, 2005

Shirkoak Gardens

• Jenniflower profile photo Jenniflower
  • Reviews: 1567

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shirkoak Farm Bed & Breakfast: Feel like being spoilt?

We arrived for the weekend, needing some TLC and rest from our hectic London lives. We got what we needed and more!

The surrounding landscape is spectacular to say the least, there are good local restaurants in nearby Tenterden, and it's rural but not too far away from amenities.

A super position (near Leeds Castle, Bodium Castle, Canterbury, Tenterden etc), a very comfortable bed, a private drawing room for the guests to use at our leisure, a tennis court, a (deep!) pond, a fishing lake, full English breakfast.

It was a good choice! L

• Related to: Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Architecture
  • Written April 15, 2005

Shirkoak Farm B & B

• ShinerBlonde profile photo ShinerBlonde
  • Reviews: 62

3rd Floor Dorm Room: Rutherford College

This was the view from my room during my studies. At night you could see the Canterbury Cathedral all lite up and during the day we called the hill our "Sound of Music" hill since it was so pretty.

I'm not sure you could really stay here since it's a dorm for college students, but if you do study there...ask for a view.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 18, 2005

• nhcram profile photo nhcram
  • Reviews: 747

The Beeches: Bubble Trouble

This is a picture of the jacuzzi in the private bathroom at The Beeches bed and breakfast guest house. The room cost no more than any if the others.

Clean, easy to find and ther is off street parking.

• Written September 26, 2004
Tip Photo

Posed by a mode (HUSBAND)l!!

• nhcram profile photo nhcram
  • Reviews: 747

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Beeches: Four Diamonds and worthy if it!

It's not often you get to stay in a hotel only 7 miles from your house but after a VT meeting last night we decided to stay!
The Beeches is a modern house about 10 minutes walk from the city centre. The owners are very hospitable people and the accommodation is extremely clean and well cared for.
The breakfast is the best we have had in a B&B before.

Choose the room with the jacuzzi in the private bathroom for added comfort.

• Written September 26, 2004

%cr%bThe Beeches Canterbury%c*

• kentishgirl profile photo kentishgirl
  • Reviews: 1390

Various: Accommodations

Ok, I live here so I stay in my little house! when I diddnt live here I stayed with friends and family......So the tips that I leave for hotels/guest houses and hostels are based purely on what I have seen and heard!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 22, 2004

• KenMore profile photo KenMore
  • Reviews: 295
Courtney House B&B: Nice Bed & Breakfast

This is the Bed & Breakfast that my mom and sister stayed in when they came to visit. It's called Courtney House. It is very close to down town

• Written September 19, 2002