Thanington Hotel

Canterbury Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Canterbury

The undercroftThe undercroft

Imposing from the outsideImposing from the outside

Three Tuns InnThree Tuns Inn

ButtermarketButtermarket

Working

by JVR

Hello I´m a Spanish student boy who wants go for two or three months to live in Canterbury. I wish to know if it´s easy to find a Job in this town. My level of English is very basic, but i can work like a waiter or cleaner in a hotel, not in dirct and intensive trat with people until i could speak and usdertand better than now.
So, If someone could advised me i were very grateful.

RE: Working

by Kettleman

Probably not as many jobs at this time of year as the summer holiday's are over in the UK.

But waitering jobs are generally available although with the number of students in the city there may be a lot of comptetition.

Travel Tips for Canterbury

The Nave...

by coceng

First : The Nave;
It's one of the most magnificent surviving examples of English Gothic architecture...
It was all begun in 1377, probably designed & excuted under the direction of master mason Henry Yevele...
I started to take photos not knowing that I had to pay...So, I did !
The lady gave me a sticker to be pasted on my shirt (I felt like a journalist !) telling the world that I could take as many photos as I liked !

Walking around

by Jenniflower

This tip is under construction. I am currently uploading many photos and will add in the information and travel tales to the photos soon.

Should you have a query in the meanwhile, please feel free to email me :)

Thanks!

Traditional, imaginative food!

by clairegeordio about The George & Dragon, Fordwich

This is a lovely pub/restaurant dating from the 16th century that has a really cosy/quaint feel. There are wooden tables with candles and you choose your food from a chalkboard with a great selection eg. choice eg Goat's cheese and duck confit galette, lamb and apricot pie. This is not the place that you would go for a lively night out, more a cosy night in as it also has a real log fire!

Easy Eating

by nhcram about Cafe Rouge

This is part of a chain of restaurants that can be found in many places in England. They offer good cuisine at affordable prices. I personally think they are ideal for lunch or pre theatre visits.
When VT member Ingrid (Igraine) came to stay we came here for lunch and enjoyed our meal sitting on the rooftop terrace of the restaurant.
Friendly attentive staff offer good service. My favourite is the salad of chicken and Roquefort. A winner every time!

Disabled Access to the Cathedral

by RhineRoll

Much of the Cathedral is accessible to wheelchair users. A couple of stair lifts help to overcome obstacles within the premises of the Cathedral.

An excellent leaflet describes the facilities available. It can be downloaded from the Website of the Cathedral.

Comments