Masthead Close, Crossways Busins pk

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Dartford Bridge

Lovely Hotel, Friendly Staff and Great Atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member RyLeslie

Stayed at the Hilton Dartford Bridge during November 2007. Reception took a while to check me in as apparently they have had a new system installed. Finally allocated a room (which is done on arrival btw so is something that familys may want to consider), and went on my way to
the 5th floor. Lobby area must of been recently refurbished and has a modern feel to it. Room was nice, and this high up you get a nice view, unfortunatly of the nearby trading estate. Was staying here on business and had a meeting room booked for the monday. Was shown around the various meeting rooms by a helpful member of staff who pointed out the features which are minimal. Ended up at the bar for a few pre-dinner drinks which seemed to have a lack of glasses for my wife's wine. Prices were also steep but this was expected from the Hilton brand. Restaurant was busy with what looked like a tour group eating, this meant that there was no one on the desk for a minute, and we werent sure weather we were meant to allocate a table for ourselves our wait and be seated. Cavary dinner was on offer this night, and was very nice, good selection of food on offer, but i was slightly put off by the chef preparing the meat who seemed to have a metal piercing through his eyelid. This maybe just me but it really did seem to bring down the level of staff, and was off putting especially that he had likely been preparing the food earlier.

Meeting went well and all in all was a sucess of a trip. A nice hotel with small disadvantages, but ideal because of location.

Good hotel but...

by TripAdvisor Member Smilingguest

Stayed 25 May to 28 May 07. Checked day before arrival to check in early as up from 4.40am. Told no problems but... On arrival at 10.00am told no rooms ready but if prepared to pay an extra £25 per night we could have an Executive Room now. Refused and immediately offered smoking room - had requested non-smoking. Was quite good, 5th floor, great size, great bed, well cleaned. Pity could not see out window as double glazing had condensation on inside of panes. Only paid £59.50 per night per room to include breakfast and as staying three nights, had excellent meal thrown in on first night. Buffet breakfast - lots of choice of good food.

As for the 'but' bits. This hotel is located in a business park and surroundings have as much charm (and as dark) as a multi-storey carpark on a Saturday night. To get to the hotel, you need to be a bit of a racing driver, a navigator and brave. It seems that half the roads in southern England converge at the Dartford Bridge and if you are not in the right lane at the right roundabout, enjoy your tour of Kent while you renegotiate the motorways. The hotel charges guests for using their carpark. No other way of getting to and from the hotel, nowhere else to go in the area so pay up or get out! This is clearly a businessman focussed hotel - who else would pay £13 for a burger - and while it has a leisure centre, it does not set out to attract anyone else. As I said, good hotel but.....

What a change around, Excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member MartinAsh

I have stayed at the hotel on serval ocassion over last few years but when stayed here recently received perfect service through restaurant, bar lounge and room service staff.
Obviously I want to congratulate the management who has brought about the change,

The restaurant have excellent breakfast buffet with lots of choices. For lunch dinner the restaurant A la carte menu is expensive but buffet is great value for money.

Overall the hotel has made great improvements in the service standards and also refurbed lounge and restuarnt looks good.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NicolaY

Was a little concerned after reading a couple of not so good reviews of this hotel, but we needn't have worried, it was brilliant. Obviously the location isn't very pretty, being right next to Dartford Bridge, but the location for us was perfect. There is absolutely no road noise, our room was spotless, crisp white sheets, white bathrobes, tv, playstation and lovely Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries in the bathroom. We used the room service which was excellent and the breakfasts offer way too much choice!!! The staff are very helpful and friendly and our son (6 yrs) was made very welcome. The leisure facilities are also very good. Highly recommended. We'd definitely return.

Sorry, theres a function!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dpcsk

Myself and three friends go annually for a night away in November for a bit of peace and luxury from children, husbands and work so we were all looking forward to this. After checking in we decided to go and have a cocktail, the waiter told us this wasn't possible as there was a function (there was a wedding). We decided to go upstairs and drink some champagne we had brought with us. We rang down for four champagne glasses and were still waiting for them 50 minutes later!!!! One of my friends went downstairs to chase them up. She was told they didn't have any clean as there was a function (that wedding again) and had to wait another 10 minutes whilst they took some from the wedding party and washed them up! On going to the restaurant which we were led to believe was a carvery or served a la carte we discovered from a waiter "no its a buffet tonight, theres a function". On telling the staff that we had an 8.30 booking we were told our table was not ready and we would have to wait 20 minutes! By now I was very unimpressed! When we did finally sit down the restaurant was very busy and we only got to see our waiter once during the whole of the evening. On going up to the help yourself buffet one of the tureens had a sign saying "salmon in a caper sauce". There was no way that fish was salmon. The fish was white and sauce bland. We eventually decided to take our drinks to our room. The next morning at breakfast was again quite chaotic. I asked one of the waitresses where I could find a glass for orange juice and she rather begrudgingly served us. I can't say I will be eager to book up again at this hotel.

Far from being a tourist attraction.

by colin_bramso

To be honest we didn't really stay in Dartford but on the outskirts in the Hilton Dartford Bridge. It was to attend a two day conference in the hotel and we didn't get into Dartford at all, but as I wanted to put the hotel on VT I thought I should at least say something on this Intro page.

What Dartford is famous for is the tunnel and bridge, hence the unattractive photo. The toll was £1 to cross the bridge, the hotel was right at the end of it, so that's as far as we got into Dartford.

I'll put the hotel tip up as soon as I can sort out the photos...

Comments