Masthead Close,Crossways Business Park, Crossways

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

A strictly business location

This was a business trip, we had a company to visit on the same industrial estate so the Hilton was ideally located.

It's not for tourists though, it's in an industrial area in amongst major road interchanges and not walking distance to anywhere.

As you expect of Hilton it's well-run, clean, efficient. A shower curtain with the shower over the bath are a giveaway that it's not 5-star, it's more like 3.5 in my opinion.

Unique Quality: What stood out was the food, which was five star. If the hotel wasn't in such an inconvenient location I'd suggest that it would be worth eating here for visitors to other parts of the area.

The food was top quality, the staff were excellent.

Directions: Right at the end of Dartford Bridge off the M25 motorway.

More about Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel

Overpriced and understaffed

by TripAdvisor Member ScotsJohn

I stayed at this hotel recently with some work colleagues, all 3 of us said that we would find somewhere else to stay in the area next time.

To be fair, the check in and check out were both very quick and hassle free and the room was functional but not really very smart for the £110 per night I paid.

I used the gym and the staff in there were non-existant, basically I just walked in and got on with it myself. A lot of the gym equipment needs replaced, it was also very busy.

The restaurant was a disaster area - we tried to order a bottle of wine 3 times and eventually just went through to the bar and got it ourselves. They have a buffet menu and an ala carte menu. The ala carte menu is absolutely extortionate, so we didn't have that - we all opted for the buffet. This was just awful - the last time I ate food like this was at school dinners. The service was so poor that we had already eaten most of our meal before someone came and asked us if we wanted to order anything from the ala carte menu anyway!

I will try my hardest to find alternative accomodation in this area in future and if I do end up staying here again I think I'll take my own sandwiches!

It may be a hilton, but a paris it aint!!

by TripAdvisor Member orlaireland

Check in - Over an hour!! ( not good for weary Travellers / business guests)
Rooms - Rather large but very dated decor.
Food & Drink - Awfully overprised Eg Water £6.00!!!, Food takes a very long time - on arrival order mixed up!

Good rooms good dining.

by TripAdvisor Member F1ngers

Stayed with a group of friends for the Touring Cars weekend down the road at Brands Hatch. The rooms were comfortable, modern and very clean.
The restaurant was very good and managed to cater for a group of high spirited but good natured men.
Yes it is situated in a business park and yes negotiating the road system merely to enter the place is not for the fainted hearted but once in resigned to the fact that it does not afford views of wildebeest, sweeping majestically across the plains of the Serengeti - it is perfectly accommodating and relaxed.
We enjoyed our stay. The staff were pleasant and the lounge - bar was easy going and very relaxed. I'd go again.

one of the best hiltons

by TripAdvisor Member diddywinks

We had a most enjoyable stay, I phoned two days before requesting a certain room, this had been allocated to us when I booked in, this was done very quickly.
The food and service in the restaurant was first class.
Plenty of area to execise our dog, who was made most welcome.
The room was spotless, and no noise from the busy roads outside.
I would definatly stay there again when in the area.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member OliversArmy

Stayed here for a night last weekend on the way down to Dover.

Having stayed at a few Hilton properties across the UK I know that they can be a bit hit or miss - this one was a major hit for me, especially as I was travelling with 2 young children...

Check in was quick, the room was clean and comfortable, well soundproofed against the constant rumble of the M25 and the tollgates!

The dinner was a choice of buffet or a la carte - the buffet is pretty reasonable and due to the package we'd booked, the kids ate free as well...food was tasty and cooked well, so no issues here either. Only thing I would mention is that they were so busy it took a little while for the childrens meals to arrive - we had to ask a couple of times for the meals - but the staff were really apologetic so it didn't really make a bad impression.

What really impressed me were the staff at the health club - the kids wanted to go for a swim and I'd brought my trunks but my wife forgot her costume (she's a smart cookie!). So I went down with the children (4 & 5) in the hope that I'd be able to keep a close eye on them...only to find that the staff kitted them out in arm bands, floats etc so that there was less chance of them sinking than the Titanic! Not only that, but their friendly advice that the deep end was dangerous due to the sharks meant that they stayed well away!!!

Breakfast was fine - usual buffet fare, but tasty and plenty of choice.

Overall a thoroughly decent stay and would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel again.

Comments