Number One B&B

1 Ranelagh Road, Deal, CT14 7BG, United Kingdom

More about Number One B&B

Should have five stars!

by TripAdvisor Member dawnredstone

This is our second stay and we are only sorry we didn't put our review on earlier. The accommodation is of an excellent standard; the little touches are fantastic in making your stay memorable. We celebrated our friends 40th birthday in Deal and what a superior place to stay. We have stayed in 5* hotels in Dubai and this was equally of the same standard but with a touch of personal style. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we stepped foot in the door. The breakfast was of a very high standard and every care was taken to make our stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to spending more weekends in Deal just so we can stay at this B&B. I would recommend anyone to stay here and I would love to meet anyone who could ever find a place more superior than this outstanding B&B. Thank you so much for making our stay a fantastic memory...Dawn & Steve

Totally superb

by TripAdvisor Member KateCollard

This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The rooms are incredibly comfortable, clean and funky, and the breakfast was delicious. We checked in rather late on a Friday night but Paul and Neil were very welcoming and accomodating. I cannot endorse this place enough!

Great service, spotless, tastefully decorated = wonderful B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member Peter14London

Stayed here for one night on a visit to Deal and Sandwich. Immediately upon entering our room my wife exclaimed: this is the cleanest B&B I've ever seen! She was delighted, and that set the tone for our stay.
Neil, our host, was extremely welcoming and full of advice for
dining and for what to see in the area. We had excellent seafood, in particular, at the Courtyard restaurant. The breakfast at Number 1 was a very good British brekkie, done with care. We were very well looked after and had a great time. This is a top B&B and we will certainly be back another time.

Mrs S

by TripAdvisor Member baron-von-stuk

I have never bothered writing a review for a B&B before (in fact any hotel before) but after staying for a couple of nights at Number One I felt absolutely compelled to find the time to do so! From the very friendly and thoughtful owners to the stylish and immaculate rooms to the fantastic breakfasts it was all perfect! My only comparison to it is a B&B we stayed in Norfolk called Byfords where we had an equally lovely (but way more expensive) stay.
We have a 4 year old who also stayed and she was made most welcome there and the owners were very obliging when she wanted to meet the other 2 downstairs inhabitants of Number One!
So, in summary don't stay at The Bell in Sandwich, don't stay at The Royal in Deal but just book a room here and you will be made so welcome and be so impressed by the quality of your stay. You can simply have a lovely time on Deal beach which is a minutes walk away or nosing round the shops. Number One have some great recommendations too for wonderful massages and good restaurants to visit which are very nearby. But I am starting to sound like I work for Deal Tourist Board now so I will stop and hope you find out for yourself how great Number One really is.

The Best

by TripAdvisor Member royalruby

We have just returned home from our second visit to this fantastic B&B . I can not recommed this place enough , i have travelled all over the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels , none of them can touch this for its splender and personal touches . I was really sad to leave No 1 this morning and cannot wait to return again ...Well done Neil & Paul ..Your 5th star should be with you soon ..All the best for September .

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Jen746

Wow! I've just returned from this fabulous B&B. The rooms are fantasically designed with a kingsize bed and mod cons in each. The full english breakfast was truly delightful. Paul and Neil are the perfect hosts, full of recommendations on places to eat and to visit. They couldn't have been more accommodating.
I definitely recommend Number One B&B and can't wait to return!

Brilliant!!!

by TripAdvisor Member LondonMarathongirl

Brilliant!! Fantastic!! Absolutely Fabulous!! What a Gem!!

We've just got back from spending 2 glorious nights at Number One. Neil was the perfect host (Paul was away on a business trip to USA). What can I add to the previous reviews? Nothing, they're all correct!! It's by far the best B&B we've stayed at and can't wait to go back again.

One tip to possible future guests. If you're thinking of staying at Number One make sure you book early! I gather they're already booked solid for weekends this summer and this is their first year! When word gets out how brilliant Number One is they're going to be permanently fully booked. So, book now or miss out, the choice is yours!!

Neil, thanks again for looking after us and we hope to see you (and Paul) again very soon!!!

Number One - What a fab place!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sagakent

Couldnt fault our stay at all. We were made to feel so welcome when we arrived. The facilities are fantastic - all mod cons. The attention to detail throughout the whole guest house is superb. The decor and ambience. Even the music played during breakfast!

Neil and Paul certainly know how to look after their guests. Nothing was too much trouble.

Highly recommended and would stay again and again.

Sarah and Gary

B&B Perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member AxeGirl

Stayed here last night following a wedding at Deal Castle - this B&B was highly recommended by the bride and groom...and I can see why! The room was very comfortable, with state-of-the-art modern decor. Great welcome - Paul and Neil are very attentive hosts, and we had a fab breakfast.

Sure is No 1

by TripAdvisor Member EurokaSydney

My wife is sceptical about B & B's but I prevailed on her to stay at No 1 B & B in Deal. It was convenient for Sandwich and we wanted a seaside location. We were concerned about parking because it indicated that there was no specific park at the location. As it turned out there was no problem at all and we were able to get assistance from Neil as soon as we arrived. This place is quite unique, in that the rooms are very modern with some equipment such as the coffe machine, beyond our understanding. Not a problem because nothing was a problem with Neil. The room was excellent with immaculate linen and generous towels. The bathroom had a first class shower, which is so important to Australians. To compliment the stay, we had and excellent breakfast, as good as you can get. Do not hesitate to book this place because you will not be disappointed. Thankyou for making our stay so enjoyable - the beach was not much chop however!!

David Ascroft