306 London Road, Dover, Kent, CT17 0SY, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data
  • Not so sure

I was there in 2005. All I remember was the Hostel hostess asks me to leave when she discovered that I had chicken pox, which unbeknown to me just broke out the day I got there – as I had been traveling for 5 months prior to Dover. She NEVER provided me to where I can get help, not even a doctor. Gave me one day noticed before I got booted out... interesting though that she decided to not be there the day I was due to leave the hostel.

This is an experience I will never forget. Never treat a traveler that way as they are far far away from home, and of all people they should know.

Unique Quality: nice floor

• VERY aCCOMIDATING

This was a friendly very family oriented hostel. Has a kitchen and fridge accessible to guests, a small lounge and fairly large dining area. A variety of breakfasts to choose from included in the stay. cost was 17 Pounds / night. they even called to another hostel in another town to check for accomidations for me.

Unique Quality: nice yard area in the back as well

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

Clean and cheap.....

A couple of us stayed at the YH in London Road a few years back before a day trip to France. Not very accessible for motorcycles but fine for foot and cycle visitors as the pavement is about 5 feet above the road level (see photo!!). Did manage to squeeze in the cycle shed after a long ride down the pavement.

Update: Sadly this hostel will close on 30th September 2007. It's a shame but the YHA needs to generate some money and selling thisone to developers to tuen into apartments may be good.....

Unique Quality: Close to ferry ports and at a price that back packers and everyone can afford.

• sambarnett's Profile Photo

Dover (HI) Youth Hostel

£11.25, bed only.

Unique Quality: This was a pretty cozy hostel. I stayed in one of the large dorms; it was quiet, practically empty in fact, and the beds were solid and comfortable. The hostel is about a 30 minute walk to the ferry docks, 15 minutes to the train station, making it a good base to explore south east England or a nice place to stop before sailing off to the Continent.

Directions: 306 London Road, about a mile north of the Dover Priory Train Station via High St/London Rd.

Comments