Langhorne Garden Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

More about Folkestone

FOLKESTONE VIADUCTFOLKESTONE VIADUCT

Upstairs at WetherspoonsUpstairs at Wetherspoons

One of the stallsOne of the stalls

KALALA RESAURANTKALALA RESAURANT

Holiday let in Folkestone?

by bighead_cat

We just bought a house on East Cliff in Folkestone. We don't know much about the town, but the view of the house is lovely, we got carried away before thinking of what we can do with it. Is holiday let common in Folkestone? Are these many tourists visiting Folkestone these days? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks!

by Britannia2

You could pay a commission to a company such as Hoseasons or English Country Cottages and let them rent it out.

by Maryimelda

If you want to let me know more details of cost and availability etc it happens that my sister is looking to rent a cottage in the UK next year for about three months. I don't know if Folkestone would be suitable because I have no idea where it is (I'm in Australia) but let me know as much info as you can and I'll certainly pass it on to her.

by Britannia2

I think a lot of older people go - my aunt used to go every year.

Travel Tips for Folkestone

BREATH IN THE SEA AIR

by whitecliff62

This is the east cliff area or Folkestone and the best place for a brisk walk after an argument with the wife, god i've been here a few times Hahaha. Theres a lovely restaurant up here called the east cliff pavillion which you can catch on my restaurant tips and is just of this photo. In the area theres a pitch and putt golf course, tennis courts and bowls. The photo also shows the hotel burstin in the right corner.

THE ROTUNDA

by whitecliff62

This photo shows one of the oldest working rollercoasters in the world, its made entirely of wood. But alas because of the imminant closure of the fun park this rollercoaster and all the other rides are soon to be sold and the land redeveloped in the name of progress. I have a lot of memories of the Rotunda and it will be a very sad day when they knock it to the ground

FOLKESTONE PIER

by whitecliff62

This photo shows both of folkestone piers, the one in the background used to take people to france on the cross channel ferries untill its closure a few years ago, the nearest cross channel service is now in the port of Dover

Folkestone Kent

by doreenellen

"Folkestone"

We had a family weekend at Folkestone and stayed at the Burston Grand Hotel, right on the harbour. The photo was taken from our room at the Burston. We took over 7 rooms for all the family which turned out to be a good weekend all round. We could walk to the town from the harbour and visit the market on the Sunday morning.
We also rode on the chair lift which takes you up the cliffs to the main town.

"Harbour view"

This was the harbour view from our room at the Burston.

Comments