Seabrook House

81 Seabrook Road, Hythe, KENT CT21

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • Last Minute Disaster

I have a sorry tale to tell. I booked my mother and a friend into this establishment in November 2010 as it had good ratings, however on the eve of my wedding, when most brides are involved in last-minute preparations, I found myself having to "rescue" my friend from this hotel and my poor mother ended up sleeping on my sofa!
    What happened is that my friend found herself cold and uncomfortable in a room with inadequate heating and having breakfast in a dining room where hygiene seemed secondary - dirty napkins were left on the table from previous meals. She knew something wasn't quite right, and called me to warn me that perhaps I needed to visit the hotel to see for myself, as my mother was due to check in that night.
    On arriving I found a freezing hotel - it was snowing outside - and no sign of staff. The hotel was open to the street yet the office was open with access to the computer and office equipment. On the reception desk were room keys next to a scrawled note addressed to my mother. It was so deserted that we even wandered into the kitchen in the hope of meeting someone. But there was no-one on site at all! On the office door was a sign with a number in case of emergency. We called it and a foreign lady answered. She sounded tired and disgruntled at being interrupted, but I asked if she could come in as I needed to cancel my mother's reservation (no way was I going to have my 77-year old mother stay there. When the staff member arrived she explained that the manageress was whisked away - let's just say for legal reasons - and that she would be more than happy to cancel my mother's booking in the circumstances. Clearly, when there was no management, the place floundered and was unable to function.
    So after packing up her things, I had to take my poor friend to the Best Western Stade Court where she ended up paying a lot more, but at least she was warm and well cared for. My mother on the other hand stayed with me on the sofa which meant the eve of my wedding was ruined.
    With this in mind, I must say I cannot recommend this place and would advise caution.

Directions: On the main road that runs through Hythe and Sandgate on the way to Folkestone

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

B&B

Not stayed here myself but have booked it so that friends can stay.

Rooms are comfortable and whereas it's not as expensive or as luxurious the welcome is more personal and you don't get the feeling you are stayinmg in a chain hotel, which of course you aren't!

Unique Quality: personal service

Directions: Between Hythe and Folkestone on A259. On left if going from Hythe...

(Picture taken from their website)

Comments