Hussar Hotel

Hussar Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Sleazy experience with the Hussar Hotel in Margate

Last April, we spontaneously decided to go on a little family trip to Margate, and we booked two rooms at the Hussar by phone the night before. The next morning, our son was sick, so I sought to cancel the rooms by phone. I asked if it was fine to cancel the room, and the receptionist, after double-checking things, called me back to confirm it was.

Next thing I knew, they had charged the full amount to my debit card.

When I found out about this, I call them to get the charges reversed, but they insisted that it was within their terms & conditions to charge the full amount (last 24h). I feel cheated, because they never mentioned that they would charge me for the cancellation, let alone the full amount.

The whole point of calling was to cancel the room such that you could offer it to another customer. If they were going to be charge the full amount anyway, what was the point of the receptionist employee of seeking additional confirmation and calling me back?

Furthermore, when I called them to ask them to reverse the GBP 165 charge (or at least to reimburse part of it), the receptionist stated that they had relet the room, meaning that they sold the same room *TWICE*.

Don't give them your credit card number over the phone!!

Comments