Fifth Avenue, Margate, CT9 2JJ, United Kingdom

The Winter GardensThe Winter Gardens

Travel Tips for Margate

Sea water

by ginte

After the first swimming in the sea, I've found out that the water was really too salty for my eyes and lips. But, wait... If it's so salty, then I have to try something... It was a real fun, as I've never experienced this before. It was enough just to move my hands very slowly in the water and that's it - I still stayed above it :D A great experience!

Traffic

by ginte

If you're going to drive to Margate by car, keep in mind that traffic starts on Sunday afternoons at about 5 p.m. somewhere in the middle between Margate and London. Sometimes you can be stuck there for an hour or even longer. I'm not sure this is only on Sundays, but I guess so, as many people who live outside London, but work in London drive there on Sunday evenings. We drove to Margate several times and when coming back we always experienced traffic.

Margate, England

by CaptNSandyJ

""Sea Gate""

Shortly after I married my husband, Mick, we traveled to England to meet some of his family and see England. Our first stop and home base was at his mother, Alice's, home in Margate.

Margate is a beautiful seaside town located on England's south-east coast. Being an American by birth and nationality, I was totally awe-struck by the beauty of the historic buildings, some of which have been there for over 200 years. According to a local historian, Margate is believed to be the world's oldest seaside resort - since 1742.

Comments