Nelson Crescent, Ramsgate, CT119JF, GB
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about The Royal Harbour Hotel

Wonderful view

by TripAdvisor Member echo100

Charming hotel facing onto the Royal Harbour. Our bedroom was compact but very clean and had everything you needed with a wonderful view of the harbour. Breakfast served in a light airy room and cooked to order along with the usual cereals, bread, fruit etc. Only a couple of minutes walk down to the harbour, town and seafront - good location.

A First Class Hotel with standards that other hotels should be judged by.

by TripAdvisor Member mauricehillier

From the moment you step through the front door you know you are going to experience something special. The room enjoyed a view across the English Channel and the small team of staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome while the freshly cooked breakfast is well worth waiting for. On returning to the hotel late evening I found a complimentry cheese board set out, enjoyed with a glass of wine from the Honesty Bar - just right to round off the night. Superb.

Relaxing in Ramsgate

by TripAdvisor Member ramsgaterevellers

We spent a week in the Royal Harbour Hotel this August. My husband and I have 3 young children and often feel like social outcasts staying in hotels but no so the Royal Harbour. It has the most welcoming and relaxing atmosphere possible. Its decor makes you feel at home and the breakfasts are simply superb. I'd recomment it to anyone.

Harbour view Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Kent-TRIP

We stayed at The Royal Harbour Hotel for 3 nights...our room was on the top floor, narrow staircase, so you have to be fit to 'climb'....room small, bright & airy, nicely furnished, small shower room, very clean. Big window with lovely views over harbour and ferry terminal. Public rooms very comfortable, soft sofas, lovely chairs to sit in, magazines, newspapers to read, and the 'honesty' bar, one just helps oneself and pops the details in the book. Breakfast was excellent, fresh fruit salad, hock of ham, honeycomb, cooked breakfast everything you could want. But if the hotel was full, you might have to 'queue'. Returning from a night out, a complimentary cheeseboard is provided, which is a very nice touch. On the negative side...the shower was very hit and miss, it worked 2 dys out of the 3, a cold shower in the morning always gets one going! So I guess if the hotel is full, dont expect a hot shower. What is it about small English hotels, havent they heard of 'Power Showers'. The Ferry Terminal can be noisy at night, so dont expect a great nights sleep. Parking is on a first come first served basis, on the road, or in their car park (if you are lucky). Reception welcome, I would say a 'reserved' welcome, efficient but not over the top. Value for money, a little over the top, I would say...for us, the shower lets the hotel down. Oh and the climb to the top!! We wont be going back.

Great location, views & decor

by TripAdvisor Member Alansp

The room we booked for two nights had a balcony and four poster bed. It was gorgeous. There was a remote control radio in the bathroom ceiling, a PC to use plus free phone calls to landlines. The room wasn't cheap though. The views were over the marina. The whole hotel was like staying in someone's house with complimentary snacks in the evening and even an honesty bar! The decoration, furniture were well thought out with French influence. Everywhere you went there are original paintings. Oh, and the breakfast was good!
Nice and relaxing. The actress Susanah York was staying there as she was filming nearby.
You may not be able to park directly outside the hotel but we never had a problem finding a space a few minutes walk away even on a Bank Holiday weekend.
Go to the Thai Style restaurant down the hill, it was some of the best food I have had.

Eccentric but appealing

by TripAdvisor Member Boofie

I booked to stay here because of a fabulous review in the Daily Mail - weekend edition. When I first got here, I was a bit surprised as everything was a bit smaller than I had expected but after a night in a very comfy bed, a room with a balcony and after the BEST breakfast I have ever had in a hotel, the little eccentricities made it stand out.

The decor, films, books and homely touches made it less sad to be away from home on business, the general feeling was that I could enjoy myself and have a bit of time for me to relax and do what I wanted to. I would say that this hotel was well worth the stay but don't expect the blandness of a chain and enjoy the quirkiness, after all, unique is far better than boring.

A few minor things tho - there is no parking outside unless you are lucky, it is quite a way from the station and when I didn't know how to get the DVD working instead of the TV and couldn't find anyone to help me at the time, instructions would be helpful. Finally, a welcome pack in the room would have been really good including some guidance on local places, facilities and especially restaurants would be good as I walked in the pouring rain and nowhere was open which put a (very hungry and wet) downer on my first night and could have been avoided.

However, these are small things are easily rectified and compared to having a welcoming ambience and a relaxing comfortable atmosphere, they are insignificant almost.

Thank you for changing my mind about the seaside !

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member JohnClements51

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Harbour hotel for one night - and that was more than enough !! The first problem we had that there was no parking, except in the street, which was packed with cars.....so we had to park some distance away and carry our luggage to the room. The room was tiny, with no space to even store a suitcase....however, the room was vast when compared to the bathroom, which was extremely cramped. Whilst all of this was disappointing, what was even worse was the fact that the room we had had been divided into two at some stage and the dividing wall was paper-thin, meaning we could hear everything that was going on next door.
Our night there wasn't cheap (£115) and the website portrays the "hotel" (which is actually a B&B) as a nice place to stay - it isn't. My advice - give it a miss.

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member cj001_7

Stayed here 4 times now and it is a great little place. Some of the rooms a little on the small size but clean and the breakfast is excellent, although you may have to wait for a table when the hotel is really busy.

Expensive for what it is

by TripAdvisor Member mcaa1

Booked on the basis of reviews on here and failure to find any decent accomodation in Ramsgate before. I was disapointed given that at nearly £100 a night this is no more than a B&B. The room although a double had the bed pushed against the wall so if 2 people had been in room would have been a nightmare. The room was clean but had to move a chair every time i wanted to get into the wardrobe. Breakfast good although was kept waiting 10 mins on 1st morning as they didn't notice i had come in as the staff were chatting. Nice enough place but not at this price

great hotel with a lot of character

by TripAdvisor Member pablopablito

This is a really nice hotel. I stayed there while waiting to rent a flat in the area. It has a nice country house feel. Rooms are compact but have lovely beds and great views. I thought the breakfast was really good too and it feels like saying in someone's (very nice) home. There are roaring fires, large settees etc.

Comments