Hotel du Vin & Bistro

crazyman2's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel with character

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights, enjoying the fabulous food in the Bistro and the penthouse room.
The room had a vast bed, a long sofa, a huge freestanding bath-tub, a shower to die for and a couple of TVs etc etc.

The view from the room was of that part of Tunbridge Wells.

There is some parking.

Wine! An extensive list that costs more than many would be prepared to pay ---but it's not the sort of place that most of us frequent each week!

Unique Quality: The lawn is below the room. There is a slight problem with noise coming upwards if there is a function on in the rooms at the back. So, if you're an early-to-bed person, it's best to check if there is a wedding on before you select the best room in the hotel.

Would I go back there to stay? Yes.

Would I go back there to eat? We do!

Directions: Right in the middle of town!

Janani's Profile Photo

A Real Treat!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2005

The tenth anniversary celebrations of the company I work for were held here. My boss had booked the entire place for all staff to enjoy a drinks reception, dinner, music and dancing, overnight stay and breakfast. What a treat! (I know the picture shows more of us than it does of the decor but it's the only one I've got and at least you can tell how much we liked the place by our smiles!)

The hotel is in a lovely old building set back from the road in nice grounds. Inside, it is a maze of corridors and staircases; returning from visiting my colleagues' rooms, I got lost several times! The room I stayed in was spacious, decorated in soothing colours and given an individual feel by the addition of some beautiful furniture, perhaps antique, and a wall covered by pictures of Queen Victoria, mostly as a young girl. In the room, the tea and coffee making facilities included herbal teas and a cafetiere for the delicious fresh coffee provided.

The bathroom had peaceful feel and would be perfect for anyone who likes to have a relaxing soak in its enormous deep bathtub, the kind with feet. It had an excellent shower too and some nice products available to use.

The food we were served was excellent. Although my vegetarian main course, a lake of risotto with nothing to accompany it, was a bit dull, this was an exception; everyone else's main course was much more appetizing, and the rest of my meal was delicious too.

The continental breakfast, I ate the next day, was first class, with mountains of fresh fruit salad and a good selection of juices alongside a variety of breads and pastries and very nice coffee too. The others reported their full English breakfast to be equally good (in fact, they said it was better but I didn't believe them!)

Directions: From Tunbridge Wells station, it took only five minutes to walk there (up a fairly steep hill) using the map from their website. . For people driving to the hotel, there are clear instructions on the website for finding both the city and the hotel.

Nearby Hotel du Vin & Bistro

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Tunbridge Wells Travel Forum

Need advice about Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Tunbridge Wells and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tunbridge Wells hotel reviews