Amethyst Hotel

86 Palatine Rd, Blackpool, FY1 4BY, United Kingdom

• DISHONEST & SNEAKY

Arrived as part of a group of 5 female adults. The owner John told us he didn't accommodate hen parties. My friend who had made the booking offered to leave. She was told that it was ok to stay so long as we didn't advertise the fact we were there to help celebrate a hen party. He was paid the full balance in cash. He then hummed about the rooms we had pre booked. A family room for 3 adults and a twin for 2 adults. We were advised that if we insisted on the twins then he would have to send two adults across the road to use another hotel. We declined that offer and agreed to take a double to resolve the situation. On returning from our evening out we had a problem with the lights in the hall way. They were timed and as we were at the top of the building we didnt get enough time to reach our rooms before being left in total darkness. Collectively we were noisy, I stumbled on the stairs and my friend fell into me, sending us into fits of giggles. We regrettably disturbed one of the guests who came out shouting like a fish wife. Our rooms had been disturbed in our absence. We had to ask for loo roll. The milk in the teas maid had turned sour. Our bins weren't emptied, we had to do it our self, using the public bins outside. The sheets were damp and we were treated horribly in the morning at breakfast because of our debacle coming home. If someone had explained about the lights it would never have happened. The rooms are very clean but very cramped, I wouldn't have liked to have had enough luggage for a week, we lived out of our suitcase over the weekend. Our bedroom door had just enough room to open, we had to close it to walk around the bed. Very claustrophobic. The breakfast room was light and clean. breakfast is 08.45am-09.15am. You get one of what is on offer. John made a great fuss of what we would like to eat. There was no waste! John must cook it all in the oven and have the exact amount ready for his guests. I found it all very dry and chewy. On the whole I felt very uncomfortable and as though we were there under sufferance. The hostess Pearl, was very unfriendly and foreboding. I found nothing luxurious about this hotel as advertised. I would rate it a 2. The bar area is small with no atmosphere. I never saw anyone use it. We were very upfront with the owners which they have denied in other reviews and they took our money knowing our reasons for the trip. Knowing they entered our room when we left in the evening tells me everything I need to know about them. They are leaving themselves wide open to all sorts of accusations and I was very annoyed knowing that my private space had been violated.

Unique Quality: There is nothing special about this hotel. It is one of many on a residential street with no views from any of the rooms. The rooms are stifling hot with only two small window hoppers to open. The only nice thing about it is that it is clean which is always a plus.

More about Blackpool

Ken Webster (photo DVD of show)Ken Webster (photo DVD of show)

Help....need ideas for a hen party

by donnarz

Hi everyone. I would love some help finding something fun to suprise my friend with on her hen party. We are coming to Blackpool in Aug and i'm thinking of a sing-a-gram maybe? any ideas where i may look one up or other ideas for me??? Thanks so much

RE: Help....need ideas for a hen party

by Staceyxrx

in blackpool you can hire a double decker party bus which drives you around whiule you have a party inside the bus. Sounds like fun

RE: Help....need ideas for a hen party

by chicagolass

Hi, there's a theatre on the main beachfront that has a
female impersonators show. It's hilarious but also has very talented
performers. Also, we bought one of those blow-up dolls and dressed
it up like a cute guy and took it with us everywhere. Treated it
like a mate. It gets everyone in a fun mood.
The shops in Blackpool sell them and they're cheap.
Like 5 or 8 pounds. They have all different types.
Some are quite daring but funny. Have fun.
Don't forget that Blackpool has the best fish'n'chips shops
in England. Have fun hens.

Travel Tips for Blackpool

Everyone in blackpool are...

by phil27uk2005

Everyone in blackpool are christians so there shouldn't really be anyone you won't get along with. If you talk to someone in the street all you have to do is shake their hands. If you know them a bit better then you can give thema quick hug.

Comments