Ocean Blvd, Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 1ND, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Dick33's Profile Photo

At the pleasure beach

Our stay was very nice the hotel was spotless and the breakfast was very good.( Mmmm full English)
    We only had 1 problem a remote for the dvd player was missing but they brought us one to our room in no time at all.
    i will be going back probably in September.

Directions: Right beside the big one at the far end of the Pleasure beach

• jetwind's Profile Photo

All the Frills next to All the Thrills

Open in 2003, this hotel is not your typical blackpool hotel. Located on blackpool pleasure beach it boasts a great location for a family wanting to visit the exciting world of balckpool pleasure beach. The hotel although small in size has family rooms that come fully equipt. Each of the family rooms is equipped with a separate children?s area with bunk beds and individual televisions for each bunk.
    There is a DVD player located in the main part of the room, which means the kids will be happy watching the latest DVD?s which are available from reception.
    There are also games consoles and a selection of games available for hire.
    The Bunk beds are suitable for children up to the age of 12 years only.

• APIA05's Profile Photo

The Big Blue

I stayed in this hotel last year with my partner for the weekend and would throughly recommend it. The standard rooms were very spacious and our room over looked the car park so the sound of the rides did not affect us in anyway.

The bar and restaurant staff were brilliant, very friendly and entertaining.

You can not order room service in the hotel, but you can order food till late in the Blues bar.

I would definately stay in this hotel again.

Unique Quality: The Big Blue hotel is the perfect hotel for all ages. The hotel is very close to all the popular attactions - especially the Blackpool PLeasure Beach located next door.

Rooms:
    The Hotel has 72 Family Suites, 22 Executive Rooms, 20 Standard Rooms and 7 Luxury Suites. All rooms come equiped with DVD player and Games Console, TV, telephone, modern bathroom, air conditioning, Hair Dyer, Tea & Coffe Making Facilities.

Facilites: 2 Restaurants, Blue Bar & Brasserie and Brasserie.
    Health & Fitness Club, Car Park

Directions: Located 15 minutes from Blackpool Airport

More about Big Blue

The Big Blue hotel - Top class

What a excellent hotel couldnt of asked for more !
Great Location! Booked a family room, separate kids area is a good idea my son had a great time!
Had been warned about the The Pepsi Max going right past the window but it started not too early in the morning and finished as we were coming in at night , and my son loved the novelty of it.
Staff couldnt do anymore for you - friendly,helpful and welcoming.
Great food couldnt fault it , again was warned about having to wait for breakfast - again no complaints staff made sure we didnt wait too long- there are notices in the hotel warning that it does get busy !
But it was worth the wait ! Had our meal in the hotel at night too as there was too many places we had walked out of - you wouldnt even feed your dog in !
If I visit Blackpool again I wouldnt stay anywhere else !

Neat Family Hotel in Blackpool

by CDNgirl about Big Blue Hotel, Best Western

My friend and I took her kids to Blackpool for a weekend and we chose this hotel based on location, and the price of the 'family room'. It was fantastic!! We had to check in late, around 11:30 pm and they were so ready for us. They had the cot set up and ready for the baby and everything!! They only snag came at the end when I tried to pay with the Best Western gift card that I had brought from Canada. They did not have the computer system to take the cards so he had to do it manually the next day(Monday) through the head office, so I didn't actually know how much I ended up paying for the balance of the room until I got home. It was fine, but just to forewarn anyone with gift cards!! But the price was fantastic, less than 100 pounds/night for the room plus a huge breakfast!! The family room was fantastic!! They had bunkbeds, each with little TV's for the kids, in a cute, sort of separate area from the main room, only problem was that it is right next to the door. C'est la vie. DVD player, and good kettle/hot beverage supplies. The king sized bed was great, but with a white duvet cover, in a room ment for kids??!! They must have great laundry service!!! And we looked out on the roller coaster!! Very cool!! As long as you don't plan on sleeping in or going to bed too early!!

super service

Stayed in the big blue hotel on the 6th sept to the 8th was suprised at the quality of the place,spotless and modern even had an indoor popcorn machine um um.Was well worth staying at, go once and you will always go back.

Excellent From Start To Finish...!

We booked the Big Blue Hotel for September 3rd & 4th and were most impressed with the excellent service right the way from booking (they sent us a confirmation and brochure without us having to ask!) over the phone to check out the staff were pleasant and could not do enough for us!
The Accommodation and Food is first class and we wont stay anywhere else!

Don't Stay Anywhere Else !!

by TripAdvisor Member angelauk

Just returned from a night in a family room at the Big Blue Hotel (even though I only paid for a twin!)

The room was brilliant with three TV's (one for each bunk bed plus the main TV) and had a lovely bathroom. The headboard was huge & covered in a lovely suede effect material. So was the comfy chair and the base of the bed.

We requested a room at the back of the hotel and WOW - what a view!! You are right next to the Pepsi Max and Big Dipper and the vibration as it goes past your window is amazing.

When the park is closed at night, it is really strange to see all the rollercoasters completely still and empty. In the morning you can watch the park come to life and see the tests and repairs being carried out on the rides.

Breakfast was £7.50 each but we didnt have this.We had lunch at "the Italian Job" restaurant in the park or Pizza Hut just down the road from the hotel.They both had an eat all you can buffet for around £5.99

The hotel is clean bright and modern and a joy to stay in.

The show "Boogie Nights" is also brilliant and shouldn't be missed if you like 70s music!!

Any queries about this hotel just ask.

Just what Blackpool needed

by TripAdvisor Member billyc72

Thank goodness for the Big Blue Hotel. A fantastic hotel, with fantastic staff and a fantastic location.

Being from Glasgow this was not my first time to visit Blackpool, It was however my first trip in almost Ten years as i had grown to hate the whole B & B and " Hotel " set up of converted houses, small rooms, unhelpful staff and lack of value for money.

My family and I stayed on the nights of the 25th and 26th of September and after reading reviews i was extremely hopeful that i may actually enjoy a stay in Blackpool. The Big Blue Hotel was not to disappoint.

Although a few pounds more expensive than your typical Blackpool accommodation, you really see where that extra money is spent, The reception was well presented and from arrival the staff where great, and although the car park was full, they where able to direct me to their surplus car park just around the corner at the train station.

The rooms themselves where a kids dream with the two televisions in their bunk bed room. The Bathroom was spotless and well laid out and the main bed area was again spacious and very clean. The DVD player was a nice extra. As was the ability to hire games consoles, games and DVD's.
You can also purchase reduced price tickets for the sea life centre and the sandcastle from reception.

We looked onto the pleasure beach and although two rollercoaster's passed within a few meters of our window the noise isn't much of a problem unless you want to lie in longer than 10 am or get to bed before 10:30 at night. For us it was great to see the people screaming as they roared passed us.

The on site restaurant serves a great buffet breakfast, and although some queuing is involved late in the morning, the staff ensure that the tables are cleared quickly and that you dont have to wait any longer than necessary.

The restaurant itself serves a good range of meals at night and is open to the public, again although a little bit more expensive than a typical Blackpool "restaurant" we certainly enjoyed the meal and it was a nice change to be able to pick from a menu that wasn't all deep fried.

Overall the whole set up was first class.

We are planning to return to Blackpool next year for a few days longer and will most definitely be staying here again.

For my money its the best hotel in Blackpool.

Great hotel

What a great find this hotel turned out to be. It might look a bit tacky on the outside, but it's anything but tacky on the inside. One of the best self service breakfasts I've ever had (even though you have to get there early so as not to queue). It backs on the Pepsi Max ride in the Pleasure Park, so dont expect your room to be too quiet - but the rides dont operate late. Plenty of parking and a lovely clean simple room - I'll definately stay there again.

Family rooms

by stevegregory

Does any one know any good hotels with family rooms.I am looking for a hotel in the central area of blackpool with a car park so I can get to all the family spots without driving.
Thanks steve.

RE: Family rooms

by Maxus

Hiya Steve, I am sure there will be a local (Sandgrown’un) along with advice soon, in the meantime its difficult to know where to start as there are so many hotels in Blackpool and at every price range so you need to shop around for something that suits you. Maybe you should start on the VT Blackpool pages and the accommodation tips written by real punters because some of the hotels exaggerate a little on their websites.

Any of the hotels along or near the Prom are handy for the trams which are a great way to get around, most attractions (except maybe the Zoo) are pretty near the Prom.

The Big Blue Hotel http://www.bigbluehotel.uk.com/ might be worth looking at, it won some awards last year and appears to be family orientated but it might be a little too close to the Pleasure Beach and I have not see a car park. You are right to consider car parking as there is little or no free parking for non-residents in Blackpool. Incidentally, I visit Blackpool often but I have never stayed at the Big Blue so this is just a suggestion not a recommendation.

Regards