Canasta Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Canasta Hotel

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Denise3

we booked into the Canasta as we had a much deserved few days away on our own away from our Kids.
it was going to be a romantic few days almost a second honeymoon (hahahahaha)
we were not dissapointed the room was spotless, the staff were very friendly. & the breakfast have to seen to be believed.

the location is perfect far enough away to quite but near enough to walk or take the tram.

we would certainly be using it again next time we managed a few days away .

Great Breakfast, helpful staff.

by TripAdvisor Member horsfif

Booking procedure excellent. Telephone booking confirmed by e mail within minutes. Made very welcome on arrival. Room well furnished. Ordered take away on first night and staff went out of their way to provide crockery and even a bin sack for rubbish. Bar prices reasonable and first class breakfast. All staff helpful throughout- we will return!

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member salanne

Just came back from the Canasta Hotel in Blackpool. Didnt think much of Blackpool itself but this hotel is a little oasis to come back to, it is very well kept with a coffee offered as soon as you check in. We stayed in the honeymoon suite (room 6) which is huge the only thing that could have improved it was a larger bathroom but the shower was nice and hot. The bed was so comfortable i may email them to ask the make of mattress! Tha Polish barmaid (didnt catch her name) is an absolute treasure and was always chatty and happy (great on the kareoke as well). Have stayed at the Hilton and the Canasta breakfast was much better with great service and choice. Would recomend this hotel to anyone staying in Blackpool.

Good Choice in Blackpool

by TripAdvisor Member SteveSmithMerseyside

The Canasta is a good choice when staying in Blackpool. Fairly family friendly and also good for couples. Low key entertainment at times but enough to keep you occupied whilst having a drink at the comfortable and reasonably priced bar. The hotel is at a good spot on the north prom handy for the town centre if you like to be near the pubs and main shopping area but far enough away so as not to have you disturbed at night by the revellers. The hosts are very friendly and complimentary tea/coffee in the day plus daily newspaper are a nice extra and although they don't cater during the day or evening the breakfast's make up for it. There is also free use of the internet whilst the public areas are open.
The Canasta won Blackpool's hotel of the year a few years ago and I suspect they are still trading on the success of that and it is the only hotel in Blackpool we have ever re-visited (and over the years we have tried a lot!) so that says a lot to us BUT they must take care not to get complacent and keep up with the maintenance as there are areas of the hotel and rooms that are showing signs of 'tiredness' which needs to be kept on top of.
There is after all a lot of competition in Blackpool.

home from home

by TripAdvisor Member stomp

Just returned from another great time at this hotel .The room was imaculate ,the breakfasts are to die for ,we are big eaters and we normally struggle to finish the full house .Dont worry if you have to watch your weight healthier options are readily available .The staff are very friendly as are the owners Doug and Mandy .This hotel contains smashing little extras such as free newspapers which you can take home with you and as much tea and coffee as you can drink .This hotel stands out on the front of blackpool for being really clean[i dont think some hoteliers knowwhat a window cleaner is].Last but not least the location is fab because its away from the stag area but close enough to everything else with bus
and tram stops just in front.SEE you Mrs Stephanie Rolinson

best value in Blackpool

by TripAdvisor Member tomCanada

we have just returned home after spending 4 days at the Canasta. The service was excellent.We had aroom overlooking the beach area,very comfortable.The hotel location is ideally situated within walking distance from the town center and a tram stop at the door.Breakfast was everything you could expect with lots of variety to suit every taste.All in all the best value for money in Blackpool. This was our second visit and hopefully not our last.The ban on smoking,soon to become law,will enhance the environment,to everyones benefit.

Brilliant place!

by TripAdvisor Member looprevil

I was reading the reviews of some hotels in Blackppol, and happened to be reading about the Canasta Hotel as we were driving around looking for somewhere that had parking in front of it.

As i looked up, we happened to be passing the Canasta, so we wen to the roundabout and turned back.

I went in to enquire about a twin room, and we were in luck. There was one available.

We were shown the room before we booked in to see if we thought it was suitable, which i thought was a brilliant idea, and think every hotel should do it.

We booked in, and was asked if we wanted any tea or coffee, and it was explained to us that it was available to us free of charge until 10pm, and there was also facilities in the bedroom to make some too.

Thankfully there was a lift cos we were on the 3rd floor lol.

The room was spacious, with a small portable tv on the cupboard, a double and a single bed, with a z-bed and spare quilt etc in the wardrobe, which didn't leave much room if you wanted to put your clothes in there.

The window didn't open, but there was a fan supplied in the room for some air.

The bathroom was poky. I think it must have been a wardrobe in a former life lol, it was quite a squeeze, it didn't have a lock on, which i like no matter where i am or who i'm with, there was a water-saving device in the loo cistern, which gave me trouble in flushing the loo properly.

The room was clean though.

Breakfast. Hmmmm. Lots of choice of cereals, fresh fruit, fresh orange, tea and coffee.
Fry-up, wasn't to my liking though. Didn't like the sausage, it was one of those curly ones that go in a spiral lol.
I asked for scrambled egg, like it was stated on the menu, but was told they weren't doing it.
Bacon was nice though.

There was an internet computer available on the reception desk for anyone to use too, when i wanted to buy pleasure beach tickets, they were very helpful and were going to try and print the receipt out for me, but i realised i needed to order it 12 hours before arriving, not half an hour before.

We booked out, and we asked if we could leave the car therw hile we went to the pleasure beach, and they said no probs as it was quiet. When we arrived back, we were given a cup of coffee and we were so impressed, we've even booked another room for July.

There was a lovely polish girl working there, and we had a nice chat at the bar.

outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member bbcbBradford

Myself and my husband have just got back from the canasta and would just like to say i cannot understand the bad reviews this hotel has got,all the staff was helpful nothing was too much trouble,the room was very spacious also supplied in each room was tea,coffee,hot chocolate and biscuits. When we arrived we was offered cups of coffee/tea which we really needed. Brilliant location no noisy stag and hens,this is a good family run hotel. We had karoke on Friday and Saturday which was out of this world,on Friday Dougie was compare and on Saturday Mandy was the compare which she did a brilliant job,they made everyone feel comfortable and even some guests who didnt want to sing actually got up and sang which also inculded me. The breakfasts was very filling and if you wanted more you could have had it,my husband had the haddock which was cooked to perfection (which saw us through to teatime) Tea and coffee was served all day (which was free of charge) also free newspapers (not many hotels give you this). We have rebooked to go back in 4 weeks and again in August.

i WOULD recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Blackpool.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for a really enjoyable weekend

Pleasant Stay.

by TripAdvisor Member MrsBudgie

My parents who are in their early 60's decided late last week that they fancied Blackpool for a night. Therefore I reviewed some hotels on the promenade area and found this hotel which after reading the reviews seemed appropriate. I booked this hotel and we were very happy with its location, as its away from the hustle and bustle of central Blackpool. The hotel was very nice and quiet, the bedrooms were adequate, however the bathrooms were very small.
The breakfast was lovely and the staff very nice, especially the Polish girl who works on the bar.
My only gripe was that I felt the owners weren't interested in who their customers were. They never made any effort to speak to us or have any banter. I thought this was quite rude as the hotel didn't seem to be busy. The bar also ran out of change and to me this seems bizarre expecially as it was a Saturday night?
Would I stay again, yes I would as it was a nice hotel in a nice area.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ajjc

My husband and I have just returned from a weekend at The Canasta, I can only agree with the previous positive comments about this hotel, the staff are very friendly and attentive, we had no problems finding a space in the car park at the front of the hotel, tea or coffee offered when we arrived, in fact each afternoon when we returned to the hotel. Our room was great, spacious and spotlessly clean. Plenty of choice at breakfast, even seconds if you can manage it. We will definitely stay at this hotel again

Where's the party then ? I could do with a rut...Where's the party then ? I could do with a rut...

Comments