De Vere Herons Reach

Village Herons Reach
Travelocity AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Bed bugs and poor management

Booked adjoining rooms as have young children only to find we were 8/9 rooms apart waited hours to be sorted . On return they put a pull down bed to sleep on . There were bed bugs . When complained rang 10/12 times with only one call back. Finally weeks later got a refund for one room ! Management a joke !!!!!

• Nice hotel, awful Spa

My boyfriend and i enjoyed a pleasant stay at this hotel on a pre valentines weekend break. The staff were extremley pleasant and the facilities were on the whole of a high standard. We could not fault the room, although we were shocked to note that pay per view films were priced between £9-£10.95.

My advice to others visiting this hotel is to avoid the spa treatments. I purchased a half hour back, neck and sholder massage at the cost of £30. At the time of my appointment i was left for ten minutes to fill in a very short form detailing any alergies that i might have. I was then given a very poor massage lasting just over 10minutes!! When i made a complaint i was informed that part of the half hour massage involves a 'consultation' (filling in the form). The staff were rude and made no apology for the short length of the treatment. I asked to speak with the manager when it became obvious that i was not getting anywhere. I was then kept waiting over half an hour before being contacted. When i did speak with her she spoke in an extremely patronising tone and eventually begrudgingly offered me 20% off the treatment and offering to forget about the fact i had wasted her time!!! I was disgusted by the way i was spoken to and treated.

I would happily visit this hotel again but could never be persuaded to use the spa again.

Unique Quality: Great pool.

• jetwind's Profile Photo

Blackpools most luxurious resort

Blackpool's most stylish and comfortable hotel is set in 236 acres of the Fylde coast countryside, but only ten minutes away from seven miles of golden beach and all of the other attractions of this, Europe's premier leisure resort and the fun capital of Britain.

The De Vere Herons' Reach Hotel has everything to offer the discerning visitor, including a fabulous Leisure Club with a 21 metre heated pool, a choice of two superb dining experiences, 'Heron's Reach' - one of the best golf courses in the North West and, of course, the care and attention to detail you would expect from a premier 4 star hotel.

More about De Vere Herons Reach

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member LeedsJulie

My husband and i have just come back from a wonderful christmas break at the devere herons reach
Reading the other reviews i wonder if these other people actually stayed at this hotel.
The staff were fantastic and friendly and nothing was too much trouble
the food delicious and the leisure centre superb
On the whole i never sleep well in hotels but the rooms were so comfortable and the beds so nice we both slept like logs
I would rate this hotel as 10/10 and we shall be going for xmas 2007

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member Soulgirluk

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at the end of December 2006, this was our second visit our first being some 5 weeks earlier. On check in we were given a free upgrade to a club room, this room had a larger bed and better quality bedding than on our previous visit when we had a standard room. The leisure facilities are excellent in Herons Reach, the gym in particular is very well equipped and was much better than at many hotels we have stayed in. Breakfast is brilliant, I ate so much that I did not need any food for the duration of the day! We plan to use this hotel again in the near future.

Poor Service - Hotel too busy and couldn't cope

by TripAdvisor Member SJF001

We have stayed in De Vere hotels before and so was disappointed to be let down with the service received at this hotel.

The hotel was fully booked and they were obviously not geared up to cope with this. We couldn't check in until quite late on the saturday and yet at 9.30am on sunday morning housekeeping walked into our room (they must have known we were checking out this day and I got the impresssion they were trying to get rid of as many people as possible).

I could not get a room service breakfast as they were aparently too busy.

I ordered a newspaper which did not get delivered.

The queue to check out was about 8 people long and the entire reception area had a chaotic feel to it.

On the face of it, small problems, but when you pay for a top hotel you expect much better service than this and these incidents were the only interactions we actually had with the hotel staff, which implies that if we had been more demanding we would have found even more problems.

Not a patch on the Brighton or Cameron House hotels.

Won't be coming back! What a let down for Devere.

by TripAdvisor Member BusinessTraveller101

I arrived early evening and things looked good, the hotel looked welcoming and the lady on reception was very nice. Got to my room and that’s when it all went downhill! The room was grubby - I could not believe the un-cleanliness of the bathroom - hair on the floor, the sink grim and splashes of god's knows what up the wall.
I had booked to have dinner in the hotel and went to eat in the restaurant - give it a miss, the aircon was on and it was freezing, the food was lacklustre and the service was missing (that’s all I can say) no-one asked if everything was okay at any point and as I left most of my main meal no comment was made - it was awful and I even left my dessert - a rarity for me. The final straw came when I ordered a latte coffee at the end of the meal, when it arrived it didn’t look like a latte and when tasting it certainly wasn’t a good coffee at all. I left it and went to sign out and made the remark that the coffee wasn’t a latte and tasted awful, the man who served me came over and told me the machine for making lattes was broken and he had to go elsewhere in the hotel and used a normal coffee. Thank you for telling me or advising me first - I would not have had it. They did take it off the bill on my insistence.

On retiring, the bed linen was threadbare and the bed topper was stained and ripped.
I couldn't wait to leave the next morning and although stayed for breakfast it was as eventful as the evening meal.

I have stayed in Devere hotels across the UK and have to say this is not the same standard as the rest of them and I wouldn't class it as a Devere at all.

As a regular business traveller to Blackpool, I won’t be staying here again and would not recommend to any other traveller who has a budget of £100-150 per night to spend!

Disppointed!

by TripAdvisor Member a_dream_away

Pretty disappointed considering that this is supposed to be the best hotel in Blackpool. I am not staying here again. I would rather stay somewhere else outside Blackpool and then drive in.

Not worth the money you pay for any room here.

I have stayed at better 3 star.

In need of some TLC!

by TripAdvisor Member mytwopenneth

This hotel looks and feels worn-out. The rooms are desperately in need of renovation, and levels of cleanliness leave something to be desired. Definitely not recommended for a romantic away break! The restaurant is unimaginative and too low quality for the prices charged. At £15 for 24hrs, the in-room broadband is unjustifiably expensive.

On the up side, the service is consistently friendly, and the surroundings are quite pleasant. For a business traveller looking for somewhere to rest their head and reasonably cost-agnostic, this place is passable.

Given the price of the rooms, it is very difficult indeed to justify staying here. Try down the road in St Annes for some hotels that have received some investment within the last 20 years"

Very enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member middlec

We stayed here for two nights in February 2007, and it was the second visit to this hotel in five years. The staff were "down to earth" friendly, courteous and professional. Restaurant meals were good but not a tremendous choice on the menu if staying for more than three nights. Breakfast excellent, and a range of fruit choices that would beat a five star hotel. Leisure pool and gym facilities very good. The hotel is on the outskirts of Blackpool in it's own grounds, the only clue that it's Blackpool is that you can just see the top of the tower between the trees. This suited us, but anyone wanting Blackpool and it's attractions needs to be aware that this hotel is on it's own well away from the town and seafront. Thoroughly recommend it for a leisure break and it's good value for money.

excellent break

by TripAdvisor Member lasvegas2000

Had a mini break at this great hotel. Spent the afternoon relaxing in the Golf bar which served excellent snacks. Spa area excellent and spotless and clean. The dinner menu was varied and of a very high standerd it would put a top class restaurant to shame. I can recomend the steak and the fat chips. With puddings to die for what more can you ask. The room was upgraded at no extra cost to a club room which was extremley comfortable and decorated to a high standerd. I would definatley be staying here a gain.

Hotel Recommendation?

by mandeeuk

Hi there,

We are going to be in Blackpool to see Radiohead in May. I'm making a flying visit to the UK so I want to make sure the two nights in Blackpool are well spent. Anyone have any good recommendations for stylish boutique hotels of the 3 1/2 to 4 star range that have great rooms and good access to all the fun? I'm looking forward to the typical Blackpool seaside resort fun, but we want to have a nice little haven in amongst it.

Thanks!

RE: Hotel Recommendation?

by Maxus

I know Blackpool quite well, I stay there regularly for business and for pleasure but to be honest, while it has tons of accomodation, I can not think of any stylish boutique hotels anywhere near the centre. Maybe someone who lives there will come to the rescue but my other half is from Fleetwood and when I asked her she just laughed. Its usually cheap and (if you are lucky) cheerful.

There are some decent places if you are willing to move out a little (eg the De Vere Herons Reach). I would look through the wealth of advice on the VT Blackpool page

RE: Hotel Recommendation?

by Lucieee

The Imperial is probably one of the better hotels - and you can hop on the tram outside. Dont go to the Norbreck Castle it is awful. The Hilton should be ok, and also heard good reports about Big Blue Hotel but aimed more at familys.

Comments