Hilton Blackpool

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Blackpool

spot on

by TripAdvisor Member dafthead3112

Stopped in the Hilton (blackpool) for one night on the 23rd April 2006. I thought the hotel was very nice, extremely clean and well kept, check in and out was quick and easy. All the staff were very friendly. Only one issue if you want breakfast make sure your stopping at the hotel bed and breakfast, not room only, thats the mistake I made and after waking up hungry me and my girlfriend went down to breakfast, to find it was £15 per person, I decided to pay it anyway and was very nice although a bit pricey.

Hotel perfect - if it weren't for the guests!!! When will they fix the lifts?

by TripAdvisor Member plod715

I stayed at the Hilton Blackpool in 2003. The hotel was packed but we thought this was due to school holidays and the Blackpool Illuminations being on at the time.

When we needed a hotel in Blackpool for the week commencing 24th July 2006 we were lucky to obtain the required accommodation at this Hilton. We were warned that the hotel was full to capacity. 312 rooms with over 600 guests.

There are only 3 tiny lifts (elevators) and only 2 of those go to all floors. We had to wait up to 15 minutes for lift cars to arrive. Our party included a person with mobility difficulties so stairs were not an option. On Sunday 30th July one of the lifts, which visited all levels, broke down early in the morning. The majority of guests were checking out; it took us 2 hours to get our luggage from the bedroom levels to the lower ground floor where the car park is located. Staff told me that breakdowns like this are frequent. A complaint elicited the response that 'management are aware of the problem'. I effect a brush off.

There is a dress code of smart casual attire in the Promenade Restaurant. The staff do not enforce this code. I was annoyed by the number of people wearing sleeveless vests, shorts and flip flops to meals. This lowered the whole tone of the establishment.

Meals are mainly self service from a carvery. There is an excellent variety of food and drink. If on an inclusive meals rate (as we were) it was very good value. Breakfast, at £15 per person, can be expensive if not included in the room rate. My Daughter only eats toast at breakfast so I am glad that I did not pay full price.

At evening dinner there were always at least 7 different choices of (carvery) main courses.

Throughout the hotel I encountered many rude and arrogant guests. Queues for table assignment in the restaurant were long and on many occasions I saw incidents of queue jumping by guests. Staff were inundated by numbers throughout the week we were there. They coped with cheerful determination.

For the first time ever at a Hilton Hotel my final bill was correct and both check-in and check-out were efficient.

By coincidence one of the rooms we occupied this time had been used by our party in 2003. It was showing severe signs of wear and tear whereas the decor had been fresh and new in 2003. A drawer door was hanging off and the room's woodwork was battered.

Housekeeping staff were efficient and the rooms were promptly serviced each day. I did not have any cause to complain about this aspect of the stay. The new Crabtree & Evelyn range of complimentary toiletries is an improvement on the previous brand. In 2003 we received complimentary dressing gowns and slippers. These little extras were absent on this stay.

Overall I would go back but I would pick a period outside school holidays.

Very little sleep, music unitl 2am very poor

Our room was on the 5th floor and I could tell you what songs were playing at the wedding on the ground floor.
We had a three year old child who had trouble sleeping because of the music from the wedding which was planned to go on until 2am, when we asked about the level of noise we were told "well noone else had complained so why were we" Very poor considering the very high prices. I wont stay there again.

very good staff shame about the guests

Excellent Stay, you know if people were not so Negative and stood back and looked at the bigger picture of the hotel industry then I believe alot more would be done to compliment guests staying at hotels. But at the Minute I bet Staff just want to tell people where to go, I was stood behind one man at the reception desk giving the poor young reception girl what for and really shouting. What a man I bet he thought he was. What is this world and its people coming to, Lovely young lady and well handled.

Lovely Bedrooms

by TripAdvisor Member SOG

My husband took me on a surprise for my birthday on the 5th May. We stayed on the 5th floor in a Double PLUS room - it was lovely, the bed was super kingsize (three pillows wide) and bliss. Our room was cleaned and even the linen changed for our second night, fresh towels, replacement toiletries and 2 x small boxes of chocolates! Couldn't ask for a cleaner and beautifully finished room (bathroom could have been bigger - kept banging into door 'perhaps a sliding door would be better' but hey can't have it all).

The package was d,b&b on the first night with b&b on the second. The buffet carvery was lovely and the breakfasts catered for all. Drinks pricey at the bar, but is was my birthday & you only live one - so what the hell!

The pool area was very small and quite cold but very quiet, had the use of the pool to ourselves for a while so was very relaxing and great to unwind before heading out for the evening.

Reception staff were very friendly and efficient. The restaurant staff could do with training, they seem to stand around instead of clearing up etc, the manager has taken this on board and intends to address this.

All in all if you want more than a b&b in Blackpool you can't go wrong - but book the PLUS room.

Stay here about 3 times a year, by far the best hotel in Blackpool

I stay in this hotel regularly as I love to visit Blackpool. The standard is way above everyone else, like you would expect in a Hilton. The buffet breakfast is to die for and the evening meals are extremely varied so there is something for everyone. The staff are polite and contientious and the only problem I have with this hotel is that the decor could do with updating and the location is not perfect. I must also tell people how wonderful it is to spend New Year here, the atmosphere is fantastic and the really do go all out to mark the occasion. This year will be my 5th New Year I have spent there, a little expensive but well worth it! Overall a nice, enjoyable hotel.

Love it, don't stay anywhere else

Don't look anywhere else when you want to stay in Blackpool. I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels and found this one extremely nice too.

The rooms are large, with a sea view, staff excellent, food amazing and the pool and steam room etc a great get away from the hectic outside of Blackpool. The hotel is close to all amenities but still very peaceful.

It may cost a little more here but you will regret not doing so when your walking past the Hilton back to your hotel thinking - that looks tons nicer than our hotel!. Total bliss - book it!. It's worth the extra £££

unacceptable

This hotel was simply unacceptable for the price, and I would never stay here again.

The room itself was well-sized, but smelled of smoke. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever had the displeasure of attempting to sleep on. It creaked and provided no support whatsoever. It felt like a thin sheet stretched over coils. Eventually, I ended up sleeping on the sofa sleeper, which was actually more comfortable than the regular bed. The bathroom was clean, but the bathtub was old and very deep. There was no handheld showerhead and the water smelled very strange.

The lobby area was bizarre and poorly-decorated. All the furniture was mismatched and looked second-hand. They were painting the hallways while we were there, and the paint scent wafted into the rooms.

The hotel appeared to have no bar. If there was one, it was closed and I could not find it. I ended up walking to The Imperial every night, which had a very nice and comfortable bar that was open all night. In hindsight, I wish I had booked at The Imperial instead.

excellent

we have just returned from staying at thi s hotel.we stay in quite a lot of hotels and thought this one was excellent.The staff were very helpful,the food in the carvery was of a very high standard.The double plus bedroom we stayed in was very comfortable three pillows wide!!We would definatly stay there again.

Great view of Blackpool Tower......Water Tower that is!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yorsoul

Our stay at the Hilton was between 17th-19th August. When we arrived at 2pm we were told the room was not ready yet but the children could use the pool or the Springs fun room which was a nice touch. Massive disappointment was soon to follow when we saw our room, we had booked for a family room (see picture on hotel website) but our room was a standard room with 2 sofa beds, but worse still we had a view of the back streets of the resort. (see photo) We had asked for a room on a high floor - did they really think this was so we could get a better view of the back streets!! To be 100 meters from the sea and not have a view is pretty poor indeed. We were told because we had bought a "cheap package" we didn't get a seaview (£300 for 2 nights!! but that only included food for adults- the childrens meals were not included, so we had to pay £9.95 each for them a carvery meal and £6.95 each for a breakfast) . We worked out that out of 274 rooms only 36 didn't have sea views so ask or you will be suckered like us and deemed lower quality guests (bear this in mind with the illuminations starting in 2 weeks time)
We thought the food was pretty good, although on the second morning my partner didn't go down for breakfast however when i went down with one of the children i was told that the childs breakfast would have to be charged to the room , when i pointed out that my partner was not coming down the girl in the restaurant said that did'nt make any difference, they would still have to charge for a childs breakfast , eventually she agreed to let the child have a breakfast that we had already paid for in the booking price. The entertainment was quite average (pub singers on both nights)
I took the children to the pool which they enjoyed but I tried to get a coffee from the machine (which I thought was complimentary) and was told it was £1, pretty poor for a paper cup. Beware also the Playstation which they mention at every verse end will cost you £5.95 (per day).
Oh, and the lifts, well my son was waiting for us (having used the stairs) 9 times out of 10, fix them please.
Not bad, but could be so much better

Comments