303 - 315 Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 6AN, United Kingdom

• best family hotel in blackpool

barry and his family who own the hotel plus all the staff are all most welcoming and very friendly.the hotel is spotless the meals are good quality and the choice of menu is first class. the entertainment programme for both afternoon and evening is of a high standard and varied.i would recommend this hotel to anyone

Unique Quality: clean hotel excellent restaurants,threebars two cabaret lounges both with four acts nightly.seafront location close to all the attractions,great level of service from all staff, a great welcome awaits you at this hotel

More about Lyndene Hotel

brill time

by TripAdvisor Member BoltonLeanne

Me and my sister have just got back from the lyndene hotel. It was brillant our room was reaaly nice and the food was good.
It was that good we are planning to go back at the end of september....

simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member sharron.mark17

my husband and I have been going to the lyndene hotel in blackpool for many years and have always found the service to be 100%.In 2006 we went 3 times and even introduced other members of our family to it and this is now going to be an annual november weekend for us all. being in the service industry myself it is all so easy to look for the faults,but we find at the lyndene it is just good old fashioned service that wins for us everytime,of which unfortunetly there is so little about now adays.my husband and I are only in our early 40's but just love the atmosphere at this hotel and it may attract a slightly older customer but boy do they know how to party!!! this hotel gets my vote everytime

a warm welcome awaits you

by TripAdvisor Member raymob368

My wife and myself along with my sister and her husband stayed at the lyndene hotel in march from sunday to friday and as ever we had a great time.Although the rooms are not large they are reasonable enough and they are very clean and the beds are so comfy.You can have clean towels as often as you like.The bathroom is smashing with a decent shower {hot water all the time}.The food is first rate with a good varied menu.As for the entertainment the acts are in my opinion far above typical seaside hotel entertainment.I won't pick any one out as they were all brilliant.The staff are really nice and friendly,they are no doubt aware of the fact that if you don't enjoy yourself then you won't return.We have returned time and time again.We had a fortnight there last year and we have booked for this coming christmas.can't wait.

A Month of Sundays

by TripAdvisor Member TommyThompson

Paul and Cath here, still trying to get home, after the builders at our home in Blackpool let us down again, so we stayed a week at The Lyndene Hotel (see reviews under Hacketts York House, The Norbreck Castle Hotel and The Palm Beach Hotel, all Blackpool)

This is a large hotel (140 rooms) on Central Promenade, you can't miss it, it is painted blue (not to be confused with the Big Blue Hotel at the Pleasure Beach)

Check in: very thorough, everything was gone through and the receptionist was charming, you are allocated a meal time, either 5 pm or 545 at weekends, or 615pm or 7pm weekends, however, this transpired to be a little flexible really.

Rooms: our room was very small and a little musty: we were situated at the side of the hotel by the emergency exit and our window had its lock missing, just a chain fitted to prevent the window opening too wide, so take all your valuables to reception safe or keep them with you. We asked for a room with a bath, but were told it was a corner bath, but in reality this was a shower, and thankfully it had the shower facilities also.

Meals: very good portions and a wide variety of dishes, with alternatives offered for the following day pre order, the restaurant staff lacked personality (unlike our beloved Palm Beach Hotel, with the excpetion of the Assitant Restaurant Manager).

Entertainment: Well we had a few of the same artistes; such as Wayne Lester, the singer and Bobby Beran, the comedian, who we had seen at the Palm Beach, but, unlike the Palm Beach, if you stay 7 nights, the cabaret artistes are repeated at the weekends, and this was disappointing (Wayne Lester does a separate routine, and no show with him is the same, but when you see a comedian, they are pretty much word for word the same).

So my friends, if you have read all my reviews I hope you get an opinion of what you want from a Blackpool hotel, but if you want my recommendation, overall, it would have to be The Palm Beach Hotel.

Many thanks for reading, maybe see you sometime in Blackpool.
Paul and Cath (aka Adam and the Ants)

Went as a customer ....Left as a friend

by TripAdvisor Member stuartpb03

STUART AND JUNE BUTT (Manchester)

Feb 09/07until Feb 12/07

This weekend break (Friday-----Monday ) cost us £110 each inc. a sea view, the best £220 I have ever spent. Without going into too much detail let me just say The 140 bedroom Lyndene was the best value for money hotel I have stopped in. The rooms were absolutely spotless, and kept that way by the ever smiling chambermaids. Food was magnificent and as much as you could eat, well done chefs. Drink prices were comparable with most pub prices and entertainment....4 splendid acts Friday,in particular Tom Scott ever so funny, 3 artists Saturday and 3 caberet acts again Sunday. Ten different caberet artists over 3 nights and all top notch, well done The Lyndene.

Friendly residents we made so many friends,we have already booked for next year. I can't believe anyone wouldnt enjoy there stay at The Lyndene. As I have said previously wonderful prices, wonderful staff and all in all absolutely wonderful value for money.

Great weekend, but smokers paradise.

by TripAdvisor Member MaryD-7

We had a great weekend at the Lyndene, the cabaret was excellent, then we danced to the D.J till the early hours, our only complaint was that even though they have 2 separate lounges for smokers and non-smokers, this hotel is a smokers paradise. The corridors and our bedroom stank of cigaratte smoke, it was so strong that we kept waking up in the night with a horrible taste of smoke in our mouths. The smell was in the bed linen and the curtains, it was horrible. When we arrived home our clothes all smelt of smoke and we had to wash them all, even those we hadn't worn. Surely the hotel could provide a couple of non-smoking rooms with smoke detectors. We really hope that when the smoking ban is introduced later this year, that this hotel will provide non-smoking rooms. Then we will return and recommend it to all our family and friends.

Mary D

Hugely disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Holiday0807

Have just returned from a weekend at the Lyndene. We had booked the hotel with the aim of experiencing the delights of Blackpool, staying along the main promenade with everything on our doorstep. We received a warm welcome from the night reception staff. The hotel bar / cabaret offered a good variety of entertainment. Breakfast reasonable although lacked healthy options, ie. fresh fruit, yoghurts etc. Bedroom stank of cigarette smoke and contained an astray. People were smoking in the bar and in the entrance foyer despite the Government ban on smoking. The sheets appeared to be clean however the quilt overthrow when pulled back had a very large stain which may have been a yellow/orange drink or urine. Was in the process of completing a customer questionnaire when was very rudely spoken to by a senior gentleman from the hotel. The hotel appeared to offer so much however sadly we feel we were extremely let down. We will not be recommending this hotel to our friends/colleagues.

Very Reasonable, But There Are Some Draw Backs

by TripAdvisor Member Greenlands

just literally arrived home after a very reasonable stay at this hotel in Blackpool, I felt I should write, because I always check tripadvisor myself, and find the comments helpful, to read, it gives one an insight of what the place is like, and I think one can then know what to expect.
This is our advice...
If you are an older person over the age of sixty you will love it,and from what we can see people go back over and over, and they obviously think its great value for money.
If yr young and need cheap accomodation in central blackpool, then just be aware of the following.... which will shortly follow...
The decor in the hotel is v gd we thought, the place is warm and cosy, if not perhaps a tat too warm, you need to open the windows... the beds are comfy, but four ft 6in, we are used to big beds, but it was fine, everywhere was clean and tidy.
You need to put a deposit on the tv control cos they dont come with the room, it took a while to get it working three times.
the lifts are tiny, only two permitted at one time, but use them, cos you get lost, to go up, you end up going downstairs aswell, and its up and down, and long corridors and doors to open.
The cabaret is great, the comedy is fantastic, but there are lots of vocalists, and be warned Blackpool is virtually dead, yeh dead...
at the mo, and there are no cheerful lights to help brighten up the place. Its freezing cold and as usual raining.
Like dancing, tea dancing, then this is the place for you, honestly one could nt fault it, except wait for it....
The food, its a bit like school dinners or hospital food, its obviously done as cheap as poss, for us, this spoilt it, the rest was ace, its bland, overcooked veg or tastless carrots grace the plates, and the potatoes, are not too great....
The place is full of polish workers who are lovely, but dont speak alot of english, so trying to ask them something isnt easy.
For a cheap break and it was I have to give them full marks for all their efforts, the place is clean, friendly, the entertainment is the best around, as long as you like listening to vocalists, could do with more variety, for younger folk.... yeh they dont cater for teenagers, no disco, or anything for the kids, i would def go back when i am older... another ten years, and i am 50, but if you guys read this at the hotel, the food needs some attention, the chef needs a pep talk, i couldnt help notice, unfinnished breakfasts and meals, people had left, how can you complain for breaks as little as £88 for four nights.... you could just go for the bb
i would recommend the place, but just go knowing a few things, and although the rooms are fine, the walls are v thin, you can hear tellies, and people chatting like they are in the room with you.

excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member cathmurray

i totally agree with everything our friend below me has wrote,except i found the food fantastic,but ii guess we all have our different tastes and if you can eat all the courses at the gala dinner on a saturday night , well i take my hat off to you.the hotel is very close to everything in blackpool and everything you need is provided.We were a group of 12 with 4 teenagers,2 pensioners and the other 6 aged between 30 an 45. We were there for the weekend celebrating my fathers' 70th birthday. I will agree that the hotel isnt particullarly geared for teenagers and children however despite this we all had a great time,we could not find fault with anything and that is all 12 of us.the evening entertainment is first class and we were very surprised at how reasonable the drinks,snacks,sandwiches ect were, about the same as you would pay in any pub.All in all the hotel was wonderfull and excellent value for money when you cosider what you get.Perhaps the only people i wouldn't recommend it to are those with teenagers or very young children

best ever

by TripAdvisor Member yorkshirehol

this hotel is excellent for people of most ages!! The rooms are nice and the food is brilliant! There are many rooms to choose from on the night a large concert room where things such as bingo and artists take place, a smaller 'Lounge' which is such a cosy atmosphere and the artists in there are also brilliant! and then a small room which is very quiet no music a lovely place to relax and also a games room which is great for the older children to get out of the way! the staff are very friendly and make the stay most enjoyable. All the family love it here especially my grandparents who visit it around 6 times a year!! x x

Norbreck prison, sorry hotelNorbreck prison, sorry hotel

Comments