106 - 110 Hornby Road, Blackpool, FY1 4QS, United Kingdom
Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

More about The Beechfield Hotel

The staff make you feel at home

by TripAdvisor Member m0nkeyb0i

we as a group have been for many years now and every time we do not have a bad word to say about are stay.
The staff make us feel very welcome and help us in every way they can possible!
i found the price is very competative and the breakfast that is included is more than sufficent, with a fried breckfast and cereal on offer
as i mentioned earler we have been many times and will proceed to in the future!

Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member SolitaryStar

We took a short break in May , staying at the Beechfield. The hotel itself is more than adequate , having everything we could want or need . The rooms were very clean , comfortable and well appointed .The staff were so friendly and chatty , making us welcome from the moment we stepped through the door , treating us like good friends and offering advice on the best places to visit and shop during our stay. Meals were good home cooked food in plentiful supply .
My only complaint is that I can' find the time to go back just yet !
I will definitely be paying them a return visit.

What a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member BridgwaterDiggles

I have not long returned home after visiting the Beechfield hotel for a weeks break with friends and would like to say what a fantastic hote it isl, friendly staff who we're really helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay a happy one, the rooms we're of a high standard, good size and nice and clean and the food was lovely, i would recommend this hotel to anyone and i for one can't wait to return again.

Mrs Jones
Bridgwater

Best of Blackpool

by TripAdvisor Member MadjackWigan

A short break at the end of june, proved to be exception value at the Beechfield hotel. This little hotel is a hidden gem, very reasonable rates, excellent food, fantastic staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Located close enough to the "Golden mile" to be easily accesable, but far enough away that it is quiet and away from late night revellers. This really is worth recomending, would definately go back again.

super hotel friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member movingman48

i had a weeks holiday in blackpool stayed at the beechfield the hotel was very clean the meals were great and most of all i was made to feel welcome and to be able to park my car was a plus too i personally enjoyed just being in the bar and lounge as the atmosphere was first class i will be booking again next time i'm in blackpool

Fantastic great value short break Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Vivmal

We have been regular visitors to Blackpool for over 30 years stayed in many B+B's and Hotels, this beats them all. The atmosphere is brilliant it is like staying with family the staff could not do anymore to help and Julie is a real star. We took our 2 year old grandson who was welcomed with open arms by everyone, unlike some places where children are still supposed to be seen and not heard. The bedroom was large and the ensuite facilities were clean and well maintained. Everything was catered for there is a seperate games (Pool table) and TV room and the Dining room is is huge, no squeezing past people to get to your table here. There is ample parking space for your car and it is only 5 minutes walk from the Tower.
I would reccomend this hotel without hesitation to anyone the rates are superb the accomodation is of the highest order and will definitely be booking again

Very poor

by TripAdvisor Member ROBERTANTHONY223

Well this was the first time trip advisor has let me down, as previous reviews check in and bar staff were very good and friendly which accounts for the two stars.

I was expecting good things, the room was a disgrace. Holes in the bathroom door, coffee stains on the roof and stains on the wall. The curtains fell off the walls, I did take pictures - if anyone wants to see them, let us know.

I don't like doubting the validity of previous reviews - I may have just been unluky with the room, my grandparents stayed next door and the room was a bit better, the noise when you flushed the toilet was a shoker - woke us up at 4 in the morning for half an hour.

No entertainment at night, be prepared to go out.

I must admit it was my forst visit to Blackpool in years, my grandparents go every year and said it was pretty poor compared to other places they have stayed.

Sorry for the two stars but it's being as honest as possible.

Great Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member Mich085

This hotel is good value for money. It is in the centre of Blackpool, sitting just behind the Sea Life Centre. The rooms are basic but comfortable and immaculately clean, but you dont go to Blackpool to sit in your room! The Hotel facilities are also immaculately clean and very comfortable. The Bar area is large and spacious and inviting. We also found the TV lounge very comfortable with large squashy leather sofas and a pool table. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and couldnt do enough for you. We thought we would try the evening meal on the first night to see what the food was like and were not disappointed, and ended up eating there each night. There was a small choice in the menu but we did hear some customers ask for something different and the staff were only too pleased to accommodate them. The food was simple, but cooked to perfection and was good "home" cooking, which you cant often find in Blackpool, especially at £9 for a 3 course meal. The breakfast was also very good and varied.
There is also guaranteed parking on site, which is a big plus point for here, especially being so near to the centre.
We stayed for 3 nights midweek and found this to be very good value, especially in August.
We will admit to being quite "snobbish" with our accommodation but if you dont mind basic rooms and an overall very clean and welcoming atmosphere, then you cant go wrong staying here. We will definitely be back.

Friendly People, Tired hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bigmike54

I was a little dissapointed given that the hotel was rated so highly by Trip Advisor, but for Bed and Breakfast at £30 a night for an August weekend, I can't complain. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast staff were particularly attentive. Rooms and facilities are looking tired but so is most of Blackpool. Other positives were free and plentiful parking, free internet and central location. Try a restaurant called Kwizeen, five minutes walk away, for the best food in Blackpool.

Don't always believe Trip Advisor

by TripAdvisor Member 5starjunkies

We booked this hotel for 3 nights on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews and were sorely disappointed on arrival. Like a previous reviewer, I don't like to doubt the validity of other reviews however I do have to question their motives for rating this hotel so highly. Whilst the staff are extremely friendly (we could not fault them) the rooms of the hotel severely let them down. They were tired, damp and cold and we constantly felt like our bedding and pillows were wet. Nobody visited our room to clean it and the bin was left unemptied which to us seemed very poor as well as there being a strange smell in the room which I suspect was as a result of damp. The location was good, central, right between North and Central Piers and so the price in this respect was worth it, however, the food was edible but not of a great standard. This being said, for our first night we had to go to the hotel's sister hotel The Lawton (for reasons which were never explained to us) in the next street and this was where we had the worst meal of our stay. Credit to the hotel though, the parking is very useful.

Overall, if you will not be spending much time in your room and do not mind an empty bar area then this could be the hotel for you. If, however, you are looking for clean, comfortable rooms with a lively atmosphere then I would suggest looking elsewhere as I suspect The Beechfield is not your kind of place. Other reviewers have said that staying in this hotel felt just like being at home but whilst the staff did indeed treat you like family, I would be ashamed if my home was like this.

Comments