567 New South Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1NF, United Kingdom

Agoda.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• WE DISCOVERED A FLEA NEST UNDER THE MATRESS

When we arrived the reception looked very "new" however once you stepped through the door the staircase and corrdiors was dusty, dirty and filthy covered in muck. It also smelt very strong of curry throughout the hotel. When entered the room which was booked for 4 adults there was minimal space to move the room was very cramped and had a double bed and bunk beds even though we had paid for 4 adults. The room looked as though it had never seen a duster. The bathroom was again very cramped when it came to having a shower the shower curtain only covered below your head and the flex cable for the shower did not even reach. The room overall looked like some kind of squat with a cheap taccy rail to hang clothes on and some very old draws however by the state of the room your clothes was safer in your bag! When it came to getting into bed we saw several small black bugs however more and more bugs kept appearing when squahing the small bugs they cracked like FLEAS! after inspecting behind the bed we was disgusted to find mounts of dust and rubbish which had obviously been there for years! After trying to discover where the fleas was coming from we lifted the mattress up and discovered a valiance sheet crumpled up under the mattress covered in dust and god knows what else inside the valiance sheet was a whole NEST OF FLEAS! after finding this we then went to the reception where the man on reception moved us to another room and then said " theres nothing i can do about it now ill discuss it with my housekeepers tomorrow" The room we was moved into was just as grimey with black long hairs in the shower and a leak in the sink with a dripping shower the quilt cover looked like it had never been changed so we all opted to sleep without the duvet due to its "mucky" colour. Again when we looked behind the bed there was a mass amount of rubbish and dust the curatains again hung in dust when opened the following morning we discovered a large amount of dead flys on the window sill. We also had paid for a breakfast when booking however nobody dared go for the breakfast due to the lack of hygiene in the hotel we did not want to contract food posioning!
    I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO PUT A DOG IN FOR THE NIGHT IT IS WELL AND TRUELY A HOTEL OF HORRORS DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT FLEAS AND SOME KIND OF DISEASE THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT PASSED ACCEPTABLE FOR HUMANS TO STAY IN NEVER MIND THE BUGS!!!!!!!

• Most terrible hotel

I stayed in golden beach with my sister in law and Neice on the 30th of may 2012 we paid 70 pound for our stay with breakfast and dinner included we never got breakfast and did not get dinner thay told us that the chef had went on holiday and thay would refund my 30 pound back on my card never got the 30 pound back . The hotel looks lovely on the Internet but when we got there my god it was a disgrace the windows were black the toilet door had no handles on it the rooms were black the bathroom had green mould in it the shower had just a dribble of water coming out decoration was a disgrace wallpaper of the walls and to top it all off a couple with 2 small children had to leave their room at 11.00 at night to find alternative accommodation as there beds had lice in them the couple could see them moving and thay reduced to pay the couple there money back which was a disgrace I never slept most of the night and would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel if that's what you call it if this was in Scotland you would not get away with thay conditions trading standards would have shut it down horrible DISGRACE andTERRIBLE.

Unique Quality: The view was good but that is all .

Directions: Right next to the theme park .

• absolute disgrace!!!!

we stayed at the golden beach room number 10, for one night on 25.05.12, upon checking in having prepaid over the phone the owner seemed to struggle finding our reservation, and seemed to just make one up, he gave us an out of hours key code for the door, and advised us that there would be a family disco taking place between 7.00pm and 10.00pm. At this point i realised that the pictures online and the 'family hotel' tag was a farce and the hotel was not fit for my dog. We got into the room which was last decorated circa 1960, it was very cramped and having requested ample room to place our travel cot for our 5 month old baby we were not pleased, my 3 year old then asked to use the toilet, so i took him. i took one look at the toilet and decided he would be safer using the bath so let him tinkle in there, that is not in one bit a lie i would not let a rat near that toilet. deciding to make the best of it we unpacked and went out for dinner.
    Upon returning from dinner we were greeted by the 'family disco' which was more like an underground rave, the music was garage music and played as loud as an ibiza nightclub, we decided to give this a miss as a good nights sleep was required, one problem there though was that our room was directly above the rave so our floor was shaking and the furnitur literally moving with the noise, not ideal with me and the ife never mind the babies, i asked the manager to move rooms, he declined but said he would turn the music down at 10.30 instead of midnight as planned, which was already conflicting with what he told us upon checking in. I walked away and after a discussion with my partner decided to stay as it was too late to find alternative accomadation, i got into bed already unable to sleep due to the noise, but the bed was worse still, it was literally like sleeping on a bed of nails so neither one of us slept, i considered joining my son in his travel cot.
    Upon waking with my son at 6.00am i went too the car to fetch his food, only to find that the code for door i was given was incorrect,having left my mobile in the room and with nobody on reception i was forced to wait (as was my son) for someone to come to our aid... at 7.15 a lady came outside and let me in, my partner and i decided enough was enough and would not be stopping for breakfast, we checked out and asked for a full refund based on the above plus we were not staying for breakfast... the manager laughed in our face advised us to leave and that we would not be getting a refund, as the children were present we walked away. Since then i have contacted the office of fair trading, trading standards, and blackpool councils health and safety department.
    I payed 44.98 for this nightmare which i will get back and hopefully this 'hotel' will be shut down for not being fit for purpose.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not pay attention to people who reviewed this hotel favourably, as they have to be employees trying to win custom. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Unique Quality: worst hotel ever, worst staff ever, cannot comment on food as i did not dare sample it...

Directions: hell

• tinamoomi's Profile Photo

Hotel from hell - DO NOT GO THERE

My three adult daughters and I had booked online, weeks before to stay at this hotel for one night and meet up with friends on a hen weekend on 12th May. I am a 48 year old mother to Holly, Shannon and Tiffany all in their 20's. This is our story of the hotel from hell.

Saturday 12th May 2012

I guess we should of listened to the lady who was standing in reception upon our arrival. Her words to us were "Run for the hills now". We just laughed and thought she must be exaggerating.

On arrival we were too early for the 14.30 check in time but we thought we would just pop in to check our reservation. The Asian guy, mid 30's seemed pleasant and checked our booking and told us to come back later. We had a fun time in the part from about 10.30 am until after 14.00. We walked back to the hotel, taking all of our cases out of the car and booked in. Again he was nice enough, explaining how we could let ourselves in after midnight with a special door code. He said we were the last room on the first floor. Right away we felt there was something very wrong. It was a total maze, all the floorboards creaked, the fire hydrant was at the top of a narrow flight of stairs and a chair made it almost impossible to navigate our suitcases but we laughed it off, after all it was just for one night. I noted that if there was indeed a fire I would have serious issues escaping and there was frayed and loose carpet and dust all over the smoke detector.

Still we got to the room and what a shock. We were stunned at a small room with a double bed and two sets of bunk beds with barely enough room to move around but we still kept smiling. We were not feeling good about it but reassuring each other it would be ok. We put our suitcases on the bed and left the room to walk the length of Blackpool and go into the town for some bits and pieces.
    We got to the bedroom and wanted to have a little sleep before getting ready but instantly, upon putting the quilts onto our beds we notice that the covers were on inside out. We started to look at them and saw stains. I went into the bathroom and found a used cotton bud still on the side and the window was painted shut and had no latch to open it. The ceramic toilet roll holder was smashed, the soap dish was just a hole in the wall, the toilet seat was not at all clean and there was a huge accumulation of dust in each corner of the lino flooring.

By the time I came out of the loo and started looking closer, I noticed the suspended ceiling was falling down in places, the windows were so dirty inside and out that you could not see through. The window sills had years of mould and dust on them. The skirting board looked coated in coffee, sick and dust and Holly made the fatal error of looking under the bed. We were all scrating and feeling repulsed by now. Under the double bed that had wafer thin pillows and a quilt cover a size too small, was a Chicken take away box, a pizza take away box, a plastic item, paper tissue and years worth of filth and dust. There was also non descript items under the bunk beds.

The door was falling off of the cheapest white cupboard that was full of some wooden contraption so there was no room to hang anything long like a dress. On top of this cupboard was an old used smelly towel that some previous user had thrown up there and the dust was thick. There were three mugs, lipstick mark on one, for the four of us to use. The kettle flex hung in the door way at thigh level. There were no spoons to stir the tea. The bedding although white was not nice and the quilt covers were all on inside out suggesting that they had not been laundered at all. Stains were visible but we had no idea what they were.

So Holly my 27 year old daughter, decided to go ask the manager why we had to wait until the afternoon to check in and to tell him the room was filthy. That was a painful experience. She went down smiling and very polite and just asked did he check the room if it was meant to be a thorough clean as we were not convinced at all. He said he would send some one up later but that he did not need to check after his cleaners anyway.

Holly came back and told us what had happened and by now we are all sitting uncomfortably on the soiled beds wondering what indeed the breakfast would be like if the kitchens were in the same state as this room. We just looked at each other and knew we could not stay in the room. Tiffany my youngest daughter, 21 years old and Holly decided to be reasonable and go back down and ask for the room to be cleaned immediately or for us to be moved to a room like the one on the web site. If not we all agreed they would ask for a refund and we would go to another hotel. Shannon and I stayed in the bedroom as we felt sure the girls more than capable of handling things.

Short time passed and they returned. They were livid. They tried to get the manager, or so he called himself, to come up immediately to view our complaint and he point blank refused. He said he was not having this conversation with them. Holly said his advertising was not truthful and that we had paid for a room nothing like the one we were in and Tiff said she wanted him to show them one of the rooms on the web site. He refused and said that he could not move us as they were totally full. Looking at the car park I doubt that was the case. He started shouting at them and talking over them and finally after lots of words passed between them he said to them what do you expect for £15?

Again the girls tried to state their case but he just said if you don't shut up I am going to have you leave. They persisted whilst he turned his back on them and talked to friends or family and finally he said that is it, get out of the hotel. We were told to leave. He said the hotel ran a no refund policy and if they wanted to complain then they could write to him the manager.

Holly came back up to the room very distressed angery and frustrated, Tiffany was fuming and Shaz and I were just dumb struck. How the hell did it get to being our fault? We packed up and decided to get out as we felt intimidated by this man who had referred to my children as complaining girls, not ladies as they both are.

We packed up the car taking loads of photos of the room first.

We sadly had to apologize to poor Becky the HEN and we travelled back to Chester another 77 miles of wasted fuel.

If the hoteliers read this comment be under no illusions we are taking this all the way to the top and your hotel will refund our money or be shut down. I will not stop until it happens. If any of the other unhappy patron's here would like to contact me please do so. Just leave a message here and I will pick it up.

Unique Quality: Filthiest place ever.

Most abusive and disrespectful male manager ever.

No redeeming features.

• total waste of time please read everything about

we happily booked this hotel on line after seeing all the photos we read all the information available, we even read the reviews which really slated this hotel but we still gave it the a go we had a few doubts but thought surely this can be as bad as the reviews stated we WE WERE WRONG , NEVER NEVER NEVER use this hotel well at least til they sort it out.
    we arrived on the monday expecting a room as close to ground floor as poss as being disabled i cannott do may stairs the gentle man at reception stated there was no such thing this is a joke as we even stipulated it when booking, after another couple kindly moved rooms for us at the managers request we thought well maybe the reviews were wrong well they were not as we found out to our regret. the room was fairly clean in need of a dire make over the bed a cheap nasty thing with springs protruding, as for the on suite well that should have had a health hazzard on the door, the toilet bowl was clean but thats were clean ended and mould started, bath had a built in shower which would not switch over the tiles and sealing strip riddled with mould, the extractor fan didnt work which contraviened an imediated health hazzard. the room its self was stuffy with no air able to circulate as windows were broken sash windows stuck fast, breakfast was not as bad as prior reviews it was worse we felt like we were naughty school kids the way we were overlooked the cooked breakfast was cold and of poor quality, the cereal was safe nothing could be done to that , tea and coffee was good but milk was steaming in its jug (yuk)
    oh yes and no refunds only good things bout this place close to pleasure beach and music from downstairs bar ceased at 11 o'clock
    think wisley if thinking of using this place

More about The Golden Beach Hotel

would never goto again

by TripAdvisor Member carlislelass

where can i start.. we got there on the fri was given our key to room number 7 the room was so small it was a joke, the floor boards creaked where ever you walked. and the bathroom.. well it was so small you would have trouble turning around in it. so we asked if there was anymore rooms got told if we moved into another room for the fri night then we would have to go back into our first room for the sat cos they where fully booked for sat night, so just stayed where we were. later that night when we went to bed all you could here was the music from in the bar and this buzzing sound so we went and asked to be moved it took 2 of them to come and lisen to the noise, but we got moved to a better room but didnt get told it was on the same floor as an all girl football team that came in at 12 am, which is not late but when they are running around banging doors its a bit much this went on till about 1 in the morning, but they were up at 7 for an early breakfast running around again. we went down at 9 for breakfast (breakfast served between 9 and 10 ) but all that was left was there left overs they did cook us an egg each, and the sunday morning breakfast was no different. it would have been nice if we could have had fresh food as we were down at 9 oclock thats when breakfast was meant to be put out for everybody else but instead we got whatever they didnt want and because it had been sat for so long it was cold...... but they did have 3 different types of cereal. We paid £25 pppn and even though that was cheap i would still want a little more for my money to sum it up WE WILL NOT STOP THERE AGAIN...

I thourgly enjoed my stay at Golden Beach hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ade8

I loved the service golden beach hotel. The staff were polite and helpful. The room i stayed in was clean and tidy. The hotel had a good bar and good live entertainment.The full english breakfast was good and the hotel had a welcome feeling to it. It was situated right next to the beach.I would definately go there again.

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member cpitsy

staff very freindly,room was excellent and very clean
breakfast very good buffet style . would go back again as we only stayed 2 nights ,not long enough thanks to staff for great stay
callum and joanne

Hated it

by TripAdvisor Member BigFrankFFC

We arrived at hotel looked ok from outside. Once inside well it had a horible smell, windows were dirty inside and out. We were given our room a family room on the first floor, the carpet on the stairs was filthy the room door had a hole in it and there was a horrible smell cant explain what just horrible. Once inside the room there was a double bed a seperate room with bunk beds and an extremely small toilet which wasnt very clean. In the room with the bunk beds the plug socket was hanging of the wall. The next morning we went for breakfast the dining room was very smelly i couldnt eat a thing the food was cold, no tables were set it was help yourself, no highchairs for babies. IWe ere there for 5 days our room was never cleaned no fresh towels not a bin . emptied nothing. This hotel as cheap but i will never return. Must be the worst hotel i have stayed in and we travel to many places. I certainly will remember my stay and that will be just for the smell, noise from the bar and the bed slopped at one side. Very dissappointed and certainly wont return

Don't ignore this warning, liked I did ! ! !

by TripAdvisor Member SCOOBYDOOBYDOO66

Absolutely horrified...small shabby room, smelt very unclean as soon as I walked in,, stained carpets, had to request clean bedding as it hadn't been changed, bathroom not clean, yellow suite from 70's black grout around shower and towels that didn't look clean,, this place is simply rooms over a tandoori restaraunt,, and I cannot believe the standards in this day and age,, we were in Blackpool for 3 nights and only spent our 1st here,, the next day we cut our losses and went elsewhere,, all of this is 100% true and am sure trip advisors would feel the same if they went to check it out....If anyone feels this is untrue please go and visit but be it at your own peril.....

DISGRACEFUL

by TripAdvisor Member peachy10

Disaster From Start To Finish,Food Was Discusting,Wouldn't Even Offer It To My Dog,There For Long W eekend With No Entertainment For Adults Or Kids,Had 5 Of Us Cramped INn1 Room And Paid £500 Would Never Step Foot In The PLlace Again And Would Strongly Advise Anyone Else Never To Go There Either,Would Rather Have Slept In a Skip It would have probably been cleaner

Take anti bac wipes- very hairy breakfast!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hippychick66_8

SHOCKING!!!!!! DON'T GO.........
it is a hotel and indian restuarant in one!!!I
looked great on the website but different story once there,,the room wasn't ready and the decor was dreadfull glad we was only there for 1 night..everything we touched felt dirty and greasy.
the owners shouldn't be in the hotel industry!!!!! went down for breakfast and saw the kitchen stafff she had the longest scraggy hair with no hair net on...and yes within 3 mouthfulls we founds hairs in the food, ate no more!!!!!!

typical blackpool

by TripAdvisor Member mich15

typical Blackpool hotel, have stayed in worse. 2 adults 2 teenagers, family room double & bunk bed, clean sheets, clean towels, but only complaint our room stunk of cigarettes, window jammed shut so no fresh air room 30, could have done wid a shoe horn to get us out the bathroom!. Overall staff were spot on, weekend entertainment good. the hotel could do with masive decoration, breakfast ok, for what we paid £120.00 for 4 fri -sun. we went to the italian next door for evening meal, dont do it! it was terrible, had dood time in Blackpool tho'

Oh no never again !!!

by TripAdvisor Member slimjimScotland

Not given what we requested ~ single beds for 2 teenager boys were squeeky bunk beds in a tiny room with a tiny window looking into a wall & a tiny toilet with a stinking carpet & not cleaned in our 5 day stay . - Rooms 11 & 10 not recomended!!! The staff ~ all 3 of them r very pleasant & helpful but it seems the refurbishment only streached to a tin of paint!!! The constant loud Indian music played in lounge seemed to drive everyone out for the evening . No sorry wont b back.

hated this place!!

by TripAdvisor Member alonsonum1

me and my two friends stayed here for one night on Thursday this week. we thought it sounded a very good price 45pounds for all of us. it all looked nice on the website and the main reason we picked the hotel was because it was situated in a good place for pleasure beach, when we arrived there we were told our room was ready. we went up to our room (no.2) and seriously i did nt think the room was ready...

we had a double bed and a single bed ... very small room .. we had the smallest little stinky bathroom u can imagine. there was all dirt and grime all over the room ... there was horrible stains in the toilet (dont need me to go into that much detail im sure) We then saw that one of the curtains was not up.. had just been shoced in the cupboard. me and ma mate had to literaly tie it up for the night as the bar of it was completey broke. as if that wasnt bad enuf we decided to put our cases under the bed for the nite as the room wasnt that big we didnt have much room so thought they would be out of the way under there.... did not expect to see what we saw ... a DIRTY NAPPY was undeer the bed!! absolutely disgustin .. also as if that wasnt bad enuf there was a bag of rubbish in the cupboard with empty chocolate moose in which was beginning to really smell....

annyway we had a great day at pleasure beach and at the nite we went to the amusements. we met a few lads who wanted to come and have a drink with us at our hotel. we thought this would be ok but we checked with the very camp receptionist and he said they cudnt drink in there only if we spent at least 40pounds on tab... wots that about? tut.

the next morning we went down to breakfast at 9.45. we were told that breakfast was to be served from 9 till 10. wen we got there , there wasnt much left at all. this blonde haired woman randomly come out to us and asked if we wanted anymre beans because they were shuttin :S we said yh and she tutted then walked off which i thought was very rude of her . then randomly she kept askin if we wanted more of anythin. so she ended up bringing us a plate full of sausages, mushrooms, and hash brown... seemed a little random when two seconds before she was huffin and puffin because she asked us if we wanted beans and we said yh :S very random staff ... one lad who looked about 12 looked so miserable to be working there... can see why though to be honest. food was ok ... nowt special ... some of the plates werent clean either ... grose.

then to put a massive damper on our time there even more i lost ma camera. i knew that i had had it while i was in reception so after scanning the room i asked the receptionist to look at the cctv footage to see if he could see anythin. he didnt seem to care when i asked him this and said that he would have to look later as he was busy ... didnt think this was very good as i was basically telling him that a theft might have happened in his hotel. i came back later in the day after going blackpool shoppin and he told me that he had a quick look at it and he cudnt see much ... to be honest me or my friends didnt believe that he had even looked at ... he didnt seem bothered at all by this. thought this was very rude as personally if it was my hotel i would do everythin i could to try and find my camera. unfortunately i had to come away without my camera. .. he told me he would ring me today to let me know if he had seen anythin else ... but he hasnt rung... everytime we came in to go up to our room the receptionist (was always the one man on, camp looking asian man ) was slumped in his chair, chillin on the phone or on msn.. didnt think this looked very professional at all. looked like he cudnt be bothered to do his job at all. when we left we mentioned the cleanliness and the dirty nappy etc and he just said that his cleaners were rubbish ,... thats literally all he said ... no apoligies at all ... me and my friends said why not employ some more ... DISGUSTING!!

and also i agree with the first comment someone made about this place ... IT STINKS! i cant explain it either but it isnt a nice smell at all .. got a big indian theme going on in this hotel also ... not really very good for the english ... and there was a young blonde girl who worked there too .. behind the bar but she looked no older than 14. she was very rude and rammed her opinions straight down your throat.

anyway after taking into account the nappy under the bed, the rudeness of the staff, the smelll, the dirt etc .. I WOULD NOT EVER recomend anybody to stay here at all. its disgustin , i am just glad i was only stayin for one night. if i had have been stayin for longer i think i would have definately prefered to have lost ma money than stay there another nite,.... it was DISGUSTING... please read this and take it seriously before booking here!! i ignored the reports i read .. how i wish i didnt ....

VERY BAD HOTEL!