The Golden Beach Hotel

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 6 reviews

Tags

Backpacking Theme Park Trips Budget Travel
See Amenities

NO, NO, NO.........JUST NO!!!!!

by written on May 27, 2014

Went here for May bank holiday with two teenagers. Pulled up outside to see a dismal looking place with shabby brown blinds most of which were broken & shut. When we went up to the room the staircase had a fusty smell.
The room was gross.......... Stained bedding & cushions, cracked sink, broken toilet roll holder, dirty smelly carpet, as for the furniture I've seen better at the dump!!! The light in the bathroom broke upon use but was promptly repaired by the helpful staff.
The water pressure to the shower was good & breakfast was ok. The staff were very friendly & helpful.
We booked in for 2 nights but left after the first night due to a lack of sleep, having been able to hear every move made by everyone else in the 'hotel' during the first night, including the group of lads getting in at 2:40 on the Sunday morning and the nasty insect bite I received during the night........MAJOR REFURB RECOMMENDED!!!

WE DISCOVERED A FLEA NEST UNDER THE MATRESS

by written on December 2, 2013

When we arrived the reception looked very "new" however once you stepped through the door the staircase and corrdiors was dusty, dirty and filthy covered in muck. It also smelt very strong of curry throughout the hotel. When entered the room which was booked for 4 adults there was minimal space to move the room was very cramped and had a double bed and bunk beds even though we had paid for 4 adults. The room looked as though it had never seen a duster. The bathroom was again very cramped when it came to having a shower the shower curtain only covered below your head and the flex cable for the shower did not even reach. The room overall looked like some kind of squat with a cheap taccy rail to hang clothes on and some very old draws however by the state of the room your clothes was safer in your bag! When it came to getting into bed we saw several small black bugs however more and more bugs kept appearing when squahing the small bugs they cracked like FLEAS! after inspecting behind the bed we was disgusted to find mounts of dust and rubbish which had obviously been there for years! After trying to discover where the fleas was coming from we lifted the mattress up and discovered a valiance sheet crumpled up under the mattress covered in dust and god knows what else inside the valiance sheet was a whole NEST OF FLEAS! after finding this we then went to the reception where the man on reception moved us to another room and then said " theres nothing i can do about it now ill discuss it with my housekeepers tomorrow" The room we was moved into was just as grimey with black long hairs in the shower and a leak in the sink with a dripping shower the quilt cover looked like it had never been changed so we all opted to sleep without the duvet due to its "mucky" colour. Again when we looked behind the bed there was a mass amount of rubbish and dust the curatains again hung in dust when opened the following morning we discovered a large amount of dead flys on the window sill. We also had paid for a breakfast when booking however nobody dared go for the breakfast due to the lack of hygiene in the hotel we did not want to contract food posioning!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO PUT A DOG IN FOR THE NIGHT IT IS WELL AND TRUELY A HOTEL OF HORRORS DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT FLEAS AND SOME KIND OF DISEASE THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT PASSED ACCEPTABLE FOR HUMANS TO STAY IN NEVER MIND THE BUGS!!!!!!!

Most terrible hotel

by written on June 13, 2012

I stayed in golden beach with my sister in law and Neice on the 30th of may 2012 we paid 70 pound for our stay with breakfast and dinner included we never got breakfast and did not get dinner thay told us that the chef had went on holiday and thay would refund my 30 pound back on my card never got the 30 pound back . The hotel looks lovely on the Internet but when we got there my god it was a disgrace the windows were black the toilet door had no handles on it the rooms were black the bathroom had green mould in it the shower had just a dribble of water coming out decoration was a disgrace wallpaper of the walls and to top it all off a couple with 2 small children had to leave their room at 11.00 at night to find alternative accommodation as there beds had lice in them the couple could see them moving and thay reduced to pay the couple there money back which was a disgrace I never slept most of the night and would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel if that's what you call it if this was in Scotland you would not get away with thay conditions trading standards would have shut it down horrible DISGRACE andTERRIBLE.

Unique Quality: The view was good but that is all .

Directions: Right next to the theme park .

absolute disgrace!!!!

by written on May 28, 2012

we stayed at the golden beach room number 10, for one night on 25.05.12, upon checking in having prepaid over the phone the owner seemed to struggle finding our reservation, and seemed to just make one up, he gave us an out of hours key code for the door, and advised us that there would be a family disco taking place between 7.00pm and 10.00pm. At this point i realised that the pictures online and the 'family hotel' tag was a farce and the hotel was not fit for my dog. We got into the room which was last decorated circa 1960, it was very cramped and having requested ample room to place our travel cot for our 5 month old baby we were not pleased, my 3 year old then asked to use the toilet, so i took him. i took one look at the toilet and decided he would be safer using the bath so let him tinkle in there, that is not in one bit a lie i would not let a rat near that toilet. deciding to make the best of it we unpacked and went out for dinner.
Upon returning from dinner we were greeted by the 'family disco' which was more like an underground rave, the music was garage music and played as loud as an ibiza nightclub, we decided to give this a miss as a good nights sleep was required, one problem there though was that our room was directly above the rave so our floor was shaking and the furnitur literally moving with the noise, not ideal with me and the ife never mind the babies, i asked the manager to move rooms, he declined but said he would turn the music down at 10.30 instead of midnight as planned, which was already conflicting with what he told us upon checking in. I walked away and after a discussion with my partner decided to stay as it was too late to find alternative accomadation, i got into bed already unable to sleep due to the noise, but the bed was worse still, it was literally like sleeping on a bed of nails so neither one of us slept, i considered joining my son in his travel cot.
Upon waking with my son at 6.00am i went too the car to fetch his food, only to find that the code for door i was given was incorrect,having left my mobile in the room and with nobody on reception i was forced to wait (as was my son) for someone to come to our aid... at 7.15 a lady came outside and let me in, my partner and i decided enough was enough and would not be stopping for breakfast, we checked out and asked for a full refund based on the above plus we were not staying for breakfast... the manager laughed in our face advised us to leave and that we would not be getting a refund, as the children were present we walked away. Since then i have contacted the office of fair trading, trading standards, and blackpool councils health and safety department.
I payed 44.98 for this nightmare which i will get back and hopefully this 'hotel' will be shut down for not being fit for purpose.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not pay attention to people who reviewed this hotel favourably, as they have to be employees trying to win custom. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Unique Quality: worst hotel ever, worst staff ever, cannot comment on food as i did not dare sample it...

Directions: hell

tinamoomi's Profile Photo

Hotel from hell - DO NOT GO THERE

by written on May 13, 2012

My three adult daughters and I had booked online, weeks before to stay at this hotel for one night and meet up with friends on a hen weekend on 12th May. I am a 48 year old mother to Holly, Shannon and Tiffany all in their 20's. This is our story of the hotel from hell.

Saturday 12th May 2012

I guess we should of listened to the lady who was standing in reception upon our arrival. Her words to us were "Run for the hills now". We just laughed and thought she must be exaggerating.

On arrival we were too early for the 14.30 check in time but we thought we would just pop in to check our reservation. The Asian guy, mid 30's seemed pleasant and checked our booking and told us to come back later. We had a fun time in the part from about 10.30 am until after 14.00. We walked back to the hotel, taking all of our cases out of the car and booked in. Again he was nice enough, explaining how we could let ourselves in after midnight with a special door code. He said we were the last room on the first floor. Right away we felt there was something very wrong. It was a total maze, all the floorboards creaked, the fire hydrant was at the top of a narrow flight of stairs and a chair made it almost impossible to navigate our suitcases but we laughed it off, after all it was just for one night. I noted that if there was indeed a fire I would have serious issues escaping and there was frayed and loose carpet and dust all over the smoke detector.

Still we got to the room and what a shock. We were stunned at a small room with a double bed and two sets of bunk beds with barely enough room to move around but we still kept smiling. We were not feeling good about it but reassuring each other it would be ok. We put our suitcases on the bed and left the room to walk the length of Blackpool and go into the town for some bits and pieces.
We got to the bedroom and wanted to have a little sleep before getting ready but instantly, upon putting the quilts onto our beds we notice that the covers were on inside out. We started to look at them and saw stains. I went into the bathroom and found a used cotton bud still on the side and the window was painted shut and had no latch to open it. The ceramic toilet roll holder was smashed, the soap dish was just a hole in the wall, the toilet seat was not at all clean and there was a huge accumulation of dust in each corner of the lino flooring.

By the time I came out of the loo and started looking closer, I noticed the suspended ceiling was falling down in places, the windows were so dirty inside and out that you could not see through. The window sills had years of mould and dust on them. The skirting board looked coated in coffee, sick and dust and Holly made the fatal error of looking under the bed. We were all scrating and feeling repulsed by now. Under the double bed that had wafer thin pillows and a quilt cover a size too small, was a Chicken take away box, a pizza take away box, a plastic item, paper tissue and years worth of filth and dust. There was also non descript items under the bunk beds.

The door was falling off of the cheapest white cupboard that was full of some wooden contraption so there was no room to hang anything long like a dress. On top of this cupboard was an old used smelly towel that some previous user had thrown up there and the dust was thick. There were three mugs, lipstick mark on one, for the four of us to use. The kettle flex hung in the door way at thigh level. There were no spoons to stir the tea. The bedding although white was not nice and the quilt covers were all on inside out suggesting that they had not been laundered at all. Stains were visible but we had no idea what they were.

So Holly my 27 year old daughter, decided to go ask the manager why we had to wait until the afternoon to check in and to tell him the room was filthy. That was a painful experience. She went down smiling and very polite and just asked did he check the room if it was meant to be a thorough clean as we were not convinced at all. He said he would send some one up later but that he did not need to check after his cleaners anyway.

Holly came back and told us what had happened and by now we are all sitting uncomfortably on the soiled beds wondering what indeed the breakfast would be like if the kitchens were in the same state as this room. We just looked at each other and knew we could not stay in the room. Tiffany my youngest daughter, 21 years old and Holly decided to be reasonable and go back down and ask for the room to be cleaned immediately or for us to be moved to a room like the one on the web site. If not we all agreed they would ask for a refund and we would go to another hotel. Shannon and I stayed in the bedroom as we felt sure the girls more than capable of handling things.

Short time passed and they returned. They were livid. They tried to get the manager, or so he called himself, to come up immediately to view our complaint and he point blank refused. He said he was not having this conversation with them. Holly said his advertising was not truthful and that we had paid for a room nothing like the one we were in and Tiff said she wanted him to show them one of the rooms on the web site. He refused and said that he could not move us as they were totally full. Looking at the car park I doubt that was the case. He started shouting at them and talking over them and finally after lots of words passed between them he said to them what do you expect for £15?

Again the girls tried to state their case but he just said if you don't shut up I am going to have you leave. They persisted whilst he turned his back on them and talked to friends or family and finally he said that is it, get out of the hotel. We were told to leave. He said the hotel ran a no refund policy and if they wanted to complain then they could write to him the manager.

Holly came back up to the room very distressed angery and frustrated, Tiffany was fuming and Shaz and I were just dumb struck. How the hell did it get to being our fault? We packed up and decided to get out as we felt intimidated by this man who had referred to my children as complaining girls, not ladies as they both are.

We packed up the car taking loads of photos of the room first.

We sadly had to apologize to poor Becky the HEN and we travelled back to Chester another 77 miles of wasted fuel.

If the hoteliers read this comment be under no illusions we are taking this all the way to the top and your hotel will refund our money or be shut down. I will not stop until it happens. If any of the other unhappy patron's here would like to contact me please do so. Just leave a message here and I will pick it up.

Unique Quality: Filthiest place ever.

Most abusive and disrespectful male manager ever.

No redeeming features.

total waste of time please read everything about

by written on September 6, 2011

we happily booked this hotel on line after seeing all the photos we read all the information available, we even read the reviews which really slated this hotel but we still gave it the a go we had a few doubts but thought surely this can be as bad as the reviews stated we WE WERE WRONG , NEVER NEVER NEVER use this hotel well at least til they sort it out.
we arrived on the monday expecting a room as close to ground floor as poss as being disabled i cannott do may stairs the gentle man at reception stated there was no such thing this is a joke as we even stipulated it when booking, after another couple kindly moved rooms for us at the managers request we thought well maybe the reviews were wrong well they were not as we found out to our regret. the room was fairly clean in need of a dire make over the bed a cheap nasty thing with springs protruding, as for the on suite well that should have had a health hazzard on the door, the toilet bowl was clean but thats were clean ended and mould started, bath had a built in shower which would not switch over the tiles and sealing strip riddled with mould, the extractor fan didnt work which contraviened an imediated health hazzard. the room its self was stuffy with no air able to circulate as windows were broken sash windows stuck fast, breakfast was not as bad as prior reviews it was worse we felt like we were naughty school kids the way we were overlooked the cooked breakfast was cold and of poor quality, the cereal was safe nothing could be done to that , tea and coffee was good but milk was steaming in its jug (yuk)
oh yes and no refunds only good things bout this place close to pleasure beach and music from downstairs bar ceased at 11 o'clock
think wisley if thinking of using this place

brookeor Dec 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

View Professional Photos

Amenities at The Golden Beach Hotel

• Free Parking

Blackpool Travel Forum

Need advice about Blackpool, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Blackpool and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Blackpool hotel reviews

Wave sculpture
Winter Gardens
Flights to the sun
Transportation
eee, i'll tell you another one......
Blackpool circus
Things to Do
Over half the height of the real one...
Things to Do
Illuminations on a beautiful stormy night
Tussaud Museum
Blackpool Tower
Things to Do
Tram, bus, horse and carriage!
Transportation
Tasty!
Arcades
The beach
Things to Do
Theme park on the beach front
The Promenade
Things to Do
Sandbanks and Incoming Tides!
Warnings and Dangers