The Imperial Hotel Blackpool

North Promenade, (formerly Paramount), Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 2HB, United Kingdom

The Imperial Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• mikandbarb's Profile Photo

Blackpools Finest?

We stayed for two nights at the Imperial in late may this year with a special two night deal.
    Foyer and corridors are impressive in a grand Victorian way, staff at reception were friendly and efficient. The shock came when we entered our room , it looked like a poor version of what you might expect from a cheap guest house in Blackpool. Wallpaper was hanging off the ceiling, the bathroom walls had been recently tiled but every other feature was old and badly decorated. I appreciate that a sea front location brings salt to surfaces but our window looked as if it had not been cleaned for years on the outside.

Breakfast was just OK but nothing like the quality that should be expected of a four star hotel
    (the few remaing fried eggs were overcooked by the hot lights ,no bacon on my visit to the counter, and my little pre packed butters had a rancid taste).

Would we stay at the Imperial again should we have a reason to visit Blackpool ? No ! we would stay at a pleasant small hotel at a fraction of the price and probably do much better.

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Very posh

We only stayed 1 night but it was great it is a very fine old hotel the rooms are very clean and well maintained everything about the Imperial was 1st class

Unique Quality: Breckfast Mmmm I ate enough to feed a family it was fantastic.

Directions: not very far from the north pier

• jetwind's Profile Photo

Blackpools biggest hotels

When you arrive you such be impressed by the lobby full brass and dark wooden panels, the high ceilings have fabulous chandeliers adding to the overall character of the place.
    The check in staff where extremely helpful and friendly and with in minutes I was checking into my room.
    The room was a little small and was in need of a makeover with a view of the town from my window which needed a clean. These are minor complaints as the rest of my room where spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel and anyway whats the point of having a clean window when you dont have a decent view?
    The hotel has some good rates if you book well in advance and if you avoid major school holidays and political party conferences, which by the way the conservative party always stay here whilst holding there partys annual conference.

When comes to breakfast then you cant beat a full English cooked breakfast and no one does it better than the good people of Blackpool... The imperial is no exception to the rule and has a fantastic dining room that overlooks the sea whilst tucking to bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, black pudding and bake beans (Typical English breakfast feyer).

The hotel has all normal features such as a pool and gym and a nice bar called Winston?s , theres that conservative influence again.

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

The Imperial Hotel

The annual Blackpool Jazz Festival was held here when I visited in 2000. It was a terrific show. But I stayed at a modest bed and breakfast across the street.

Unique Quality: This is a very fine, ornate hotel.

Directions: North of the Tower, just a few blocks from the Promenade.

More about The Imperial Hotel Blackpool

Disappointing Hotel

Very dissapointed in this hotel. The window in our bedroom was so dirty that someone had written their name in the dust! Stayed for two nights, and luckily, managed to change rooms after the first night after much complaining! Plus point was that hotel was in a good position.

4*.......... Your having a laugh !!! Avoid.

by TripAdvisor Member Edrop

I am amazed that having read other reviews about this hotel, that people enjoyed their stay. Mine was shocking.. dirty room, with previous other guests hair in the sink and shower, dirty bed linen and rubbish in the bedside draws. (including empty condom packet !!!) A Grubby, dusty and extremly run down Victorian hotel that is crying out for some TLC.
One saving grace was the buffet style breakfast which was very good.
The staff were pleasant and seemed rather embarrased when confronted about the state of the place. (Like they actually wanted to agree with you, but obviously couldn`t)
If you need a nice hotel in Blackpool try the De`Vere Herons Reach it is in a different class.

tired and dated

I stay in a number of hotels around the UK and this has to be one of the most impressive hotels on the outside, but thats where it stops. I appreciate that the hotel is slap bang in the centre of Blackpool with plenty of visitors, but due to its large size, and constant flow of guests its looking rather scruffy. I booked a non-smoking room where I could smell smoke. I complained to reception and told 'Oops someone must have been smoking in it'.
This hotel is classified as a 4 star hotel and it begs the question.. 'Does it match that rating?'. The answer to that is 'no'. I was very disapointed in the accomodation and the general upkeep of the hotel. However, the breakfast was excellent and the staff were helpful.
A word to Paramount Hotels... Please invest in this kind of hotel, because people like me are left with a poor taste and I'd never use a Paramount Hotel again.

Grandeur, but little else (but what do you expect in Blackpool?)

by TripAdvisor Member lazy_diver

Having stayed in most of the 'good' hotels in Blackpool, and rather a lot of the not so good ones, I keep returning to the Imperial. Why, because it's like hearing a familar joke - comfortable rather than entertaining. The good bits are the grandeur: the imposing Victorian reception, the bar frequented by many Prime Ministers, and the lift dating back to the late paleolithic. The bad bits are the staff (who are cheerful and friendly but certainly not efficient) and the awful, awful food - try the thai up the road. But then, there is not a lot of choice in Blackpool for the business traveller.

This is not a 4 star hotel

I have just come back after spending 4 nights in this hotel 01/03/05-05/03/05.I would not go there at the moment because it looks like a building site.The entire front of the hotel is covered in scaffolding and dust sheets.The room we stayed in was cold due to the draft coming through the ill fitting windows.The bathroom sink had a crack in it and the decor of the room needed replacing.The lift also had a mind of its own which was totally frustrating.On the plus side the staff were freindly and the buffet breakfast was excellent.Check before you book to make sure the building work has been done!!!!!

Shabby hotel not worthy of 4* rating!

by TripAdvisor Member Caz'n'kel

We have just come back from the Imperial Hotel and I have to say that we have stayed at this hotel for many years! How sad it was to see such a beautiful hotel fallen to rack and ruin this year! We paid over £450 for a 3 night stay in a seafacing room only to arrive at the hotel and find it totally covered in scaffolding NO seaviews this weekend!!!! When we arrived at the hotel after our 7 hour journey at 2:10pm we were advised that our room was not ready even though the brochure states rooms ready from 2pm, and we were not the only ones the reception foyer was full of people like us with no where to go...they did offer a free beverage but after a long drive we just wanted to get to our room. The food is okay but the "self service" dinner on the Saturday night was very reminiscent of my "school dinner days". The Sunday night was better as the food was plated and not buffet style, however the desserts were very small and expensive. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and without them this hotel would not be worth staying at. It is however situated within a 15 min stroll to the town centre which is why we stay here but that's the only incentive for us! If Paramount read this review come on spend some money on this lovely old hotel and give it it's true 4* back!!!!!

Ignorant staff

The family room at the Imperial was spacious and clean and all we needed for a weekend break but the rudeness of the bar staff particularly the manager ruined our evening drink. The chambermaids and waitress in the buffet breakfast were very friendly and they should be behind the bar and reception to show the others how to smile and exchange pleasantries!!!!

Comments