The New Guilderoy Hotel

New Guilderoy Hotel Blackpool
Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about The New Guilderoy Hotel

overrated?

Just returned from a night at The New Guilderoy Hotel with my wife and 4 year old son. I booked it after reading the excellent reviews on this site and everything about the hotel was good except one thing - The Room! I dont know if our expectations were too high after reading the reviews here, but we did end up with quite a list of things we werent too happy about. Here goes. The shower was just about freezing no matter how hard you hit it, the bed had no head board and wasnt very comfy, the room was quite small, the toilet seat wouldnt stay up - nearly damaging a certain part of my sons anatomy, the ceiling rose for the light had no cover - exposing bare wires, the furniture looked like it had been bought at a 1970s car boot sale and finally the wardrobe was very flimsy and felt like it would fall over when the doors were opened. The room was however, very clean and tidy.
Everything else was fine though. The bar and restaurant were good and I agree with other posts with regards to the owners - very friendly and helpful.
To sum up I believe we were probably unlucky to get in our opinion, one of the poorer rooms in this otherwise clean tidy and friendly hotel.

SIMPLY THE BEST..........

Just returned from a 3 day break at the guilderoy hotle.
Loation pleasant at queen promenade north end of shore.
Safe local streer parking.
Bar area and lounge very comfortable .Excellant quality .Beer/lager and wines selection.
40 plue inch plasma tv in louge will be great to watch next years world cup matches.?
Oriental style restureant (PERFECT FOR ROMANTICS)
rooms very clean and comforable.
all the staff in this hotle are very nice and helpful.
The chef is called paul a nice chap.His meals1.2.3.4or5 course are credit to him (OF A EXCELLANT STANDARD).
to thr new owners of this is hotel sammy and rhone well done we had a great break.Good luck for the future we will be back for room 13.

a real suprise...

We booked the hotel last minute off the internet with no prior knowledge, so we didnt really know what to expect. We ended up having a cracking weekend, and in part was down to the hospitality and friendliness of Simon and Rhona, the hotels owners. The accomadation itself is clean and tidy, and has good faccilities. Its in good location away from the rowdier side of Blackpool. We will definatly go back and have another visit. Cheers for an excellant night - Simon and Rhona!!

Well What can we say ???

by TripAdvisor Member Linzi_81

Me and my partner stayed St Patricks week-end 2006 and this place was outstanding!!! The food was amazing , the service was amazing the place was lovely and clean and they were great with our little boy, who at 11 months is a handful!!
First of all I would like to comment on our arrival. We were greeted by Rhona who showed us around and then to our rooms. She had a constant smile on her face and made us feel right at home.
Then it was the room itself. Modernly and tastefully decorated and with everything you need including TV/DVD, iron and board and hairdryer. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. We then went downstairs for our 5 course candle lit dinner and what an amzing cusine for a budgetly priced hotel!! We have stayed in numerous 'top' hotels and the food wasnt half as nice. The service was just OUTSTANDING!!! Both Simon and Rhona went well out of their way to make our stay a pleasurable one. On the Saturday the key snapped in our car and Simon even offered to run us to B&Q to get some glue, on the Friday night he asked us if we were going down to sit at the bar but we couldnt as we had a small child. He went next door to the other hotel and brought back a baby monitor so we could!!! What an amazing couple and top marks to the chef as his food and his manner were also fantastic. The rooms were cleaned on the Saturday morning to a very high standard. I really didnt want to leave and that is a first for anywhere!!!
Both me and my partner were well pleased and would go back right now if we could!!
THANK- YOU SIMON AND RHONA AND WE LOOK SO FORWARD TO STAYING WITH YOU AGAIN KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!!!!

a brilliant hotel

It was fantastic simon and rhona are wonderful people
the food was lovely and so was the room. my fiance and i really did enjoy are stay here and made are holiday even better. Thanks

must visit new guilderoy

by TripAdvisor Member paulabishop

Been to the New Guilderoy 5 times in 12 months and are looking forward to our next visit. A warm and friendly welcome and excellent service. Good selection of food which is always top class. Rooms are spotless and decorated to a very high standard. Simon and Rhona are most obliging and nothing is too much trouble.

great hotel!

Just returned from the new guilderoy hotel, after booking last minute for a much needed break. The hotels owners Simon and Rhona were great from the moment we arrived to the minute we left. Our room was spotless and confortable (no complaints) The food was excellent both at breakfast and evening meal. So much choice! We decided to stop in the hotel both evenings and drank in the hotel bar. Drinks were a reasonable price and so much choice. We will be returning again later on in the year and good luck for 2006.

Thanks

Arrived at short notice and booked for 2 nights and stayed for 3 in the end.My partner and myself arrived with our 3 kids and was greeted on arrival and this personal service ended as we were waved off 3 days later ( honest).

Simon and Rhona are perfect hosts and the Hotel was really child friendly ( shame my kids are only just Hotel friendly ).
The room was lovely and they made sure i had beds for my kids and arranged a cot for my youngest.....even folding my kids clothes ( which i had left neatly) even neater and arranged kids toys on their beds for when they returned ....nice touch.
The Bar stayed open until i fell into bed and the breakfast was lovely and i thoroughly recommend anyone looking for a friendly, clean and quiet hotel to book here for your stay ......i will be back in the next few months and the kids loved it

A little gem!!

A small family run hotel of a fantastic standard. Rooms are clean with fresh white linen, clean towels daily and modern decor. Our family of five enjoyed inter-connecting rooms which ensured some peace and quiet for mum and dad. The wireless modem also allowed our older kids to surf the net using their laptop anywhere in the hotel.

The food is all home cooked with local produce and absolutely delicious. Breakfast includes cereals, fresh fruit, smoked salmon, ham + cheese as well a hot full english freshly prepared. The evening meals were also delicious, my fussy 5 year old ate three courses....an all time first and an absolute testimont to the quality of the food, fantastic VFM. The wine selection is also very reasonably priced , you can even put it back in the fridge for the next day if you wish.

In the bar a selection of family games are available to keep everybody happy. There is also a non-smoking lounge with a 42" telly.

The hospitality of Simon and Rhona is however the icing on the cake in this little gem of a hotel. Their genuine desire to please there guests is obvious in everything they say and do - truley beautiful people.

Thanks so much for your hospitality, kindness...and cooking tips!!!

The best night's sleep in Blackpool?

Only stayed for one night but we'll return, and next time get the chance to try out the food, which smelled gorgeous. Nice hotel, in a quiet street just behind the North Shore.

We've stayed in Blackpool many times now, but this has to be the best night's sleep I've had - no drunken revelry either inside or outside. Combined with a family room that was 2 rooms put together, letting us put the kids to bed before us, you couldn't ask for any more.

Comments