The New President Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 98% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Worsed Hotel in Blackpool

To all unsuspecting travellers, not even Bear Grylls could survive this environment. Every bad review believe and every good one - there's pigs on the moon!
    It really is a joke and should be closed down. Do yourselves a favour, book somewhere else.

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Turn back!

More about The New President Hotel

not to bad

by TripAdvisor Member bigchin

made to feel welcome when we arrived, was a bit disapointed with our room cuboards were falling apart just seemed like the room could do with a revamp saying this as we passed some rooms being cleaned they looked a lot better. breakfast and evening meal was exelent very filling, when we stayed there was a coach of oldish people staying it was amusing to watch them moaning if somebody was sat at their table or if somebody got sereved before them. the hotel itself was clean the staff were great very helpful, i think it was the manager didnt know his name always seemed to be there helping out at meal times or at the bar asking if everthing is ok as i said exelent staff. stayed for 2 nights at night they just seemed to play bingo gave that a miss didnt want to upset the oldish people who it seemed to bring their own bingo pens very odd. all in all not a bad time good location on the front with a tram and bus stop outside., and we got to see the famous mr biggles and sandra

"President" think twice then go elsewhere!

by TripAdvisor Member SHAKENBUTNOTSTIRRED

Not really a revue - I booked a room at the president in january as a suprise for my wifes birthday in April. The first sign of trouble came 2 days after booking when the hotel rang to say they had made a mistake and although i had booked and paid for the room they were in fact full. However after contacting the manager I was told they did have availability & for the confusion we were to be upgraded to a room with a sea view.
On our arrival on 20/04 we were informed we were not staying at the President but the Ambassador! Although the whole purpose of going to Blackpool was to stay at The president. This was said to be because the room we had been allocated had a water leak and was uninhabitable. As we did not fancy the 150 mile return trip home we bit the bullet and booked into the Ambassador - what a mistake. The room was not ready, bed not made unwashed dirty cups on the dresser waste in the bin etc. A very small room and in need of a good clean/refurbish. We did not bother to unpack we returned to the president & received our money back in full. We returned home, a 300mile round trip. But if we want to book into the President in the future we get a 10% discount, I cant wait!

PS, Received an email apology from the manager, for our room being double booked! What happeded to the leak? Be warned.

never again!!!

when i rang up to book a holiday for me and my husbend for our wedding anniversary i couldnt have been happier. the girl on the phone was extremely helpful and booked us in at a cheap price. well it wasnt cheap enough................
on arrival i was told that i no longer had a sea view as i was double booked and i had been put in another room, well it was more like a squatters den. it was dirty, it smelt terrible the shower was missing the majority of its tiles, there was sewege coming up from the plug hole and the beds were very dirty and un-useable.
i was not allowed to see a manager to get anything refunded and the brassy receptionist just tlod me to 'relax luvv' in a patronising tone.
on leaving the receptionist on duty muttered under her breath "good riddance" and when i confronted her she just looked very sheepish and denied it all.
the food was ok and the bar, although it was over priced, were polite and efficient but they are the only good things i can say about the president hotel.
its still the hotel from hell in my eyes!
i was deeply dissapointed and will never forget the president hotel which ruined my husbends and i first wedding anniversary.
if your looking for a nice stay in blackpool, choose somewhere else!!

Better than Expected

by TripAdvisor Member midnightmum

Having read some reviews prior to visiting the New President I went with an open mind, we stayed as a large group which was organised by another member of our party, and to be honest upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting something awful, but the staff were helpful and friendly and we had a spacious room (family room accommodated 5 of us) which over looked the sea. the bedding and towels were clean. The only comment was the bathroom could have done with updating (cracked tiles, and a little mildew) but serviceable none the less. We had booked to have an evening meal at the hotel and again was unsure of what to expect, but the food arrived and was really very nice. The tablecloths were clean and well presented. The staff were a little rushed off their feet but it didint help when our party all arrived to eat at the same time! Breakfast was great, with a choise of Full English, cereal fruit etc etc, I know a few members of the party had problems with their rooms, however the staff did everything they could to help. If you want a budget break, and dont expect for more than you pay for then you wont be disappointed. Would I go back?...........Yes.

We had a great time

After reading the reviews on this 'site, I headed off for my holiday with baited breath.

As far as I could see, the bad reviews were entirely unfounded. My boyfriend and I were greeted warmly by the receptionist (in more ways than one, it was a very very hot day), and given our keys. Lift was down for maintenance, but that didn't bother us as neither of us are keen on lifts. We had quite a climb, but as we chose not to use the lift even when it was in order, we didn't mind. We got to our room, to find that it hadn't yet been cleaned (chambermaids were at work, though). I headed off back to reception, where the lady exchanged our room with no problem.

The second room was even better than the first, this time we had a sea-view and the lay-out suited us both much better. Bed, towels and bathroom were all clean. While the room was on the small side, we got what we paid for and therefore couldn't fault it. Our only gripe with the room was the rather funny location of the TV, which was high on the wall, direct to the bed (so we had to look to the left and made our necks ache). However, we simply switched the pillows around to the other end.

Breakfast was great, with a good choice. We didn't sample the evening meal, however, so can't comment on that. The bar was on the pricey side, but it seemed to be similar to most bars we went in during our stay. Two nights out of four, we were the only ones in the bar yet the staff where happy to open up just for us. We enjoyed a good few games on the pool table and bandits also. The staff were all very friendly, and happy to assist or help. We stayed at a very quiet time, with only around 5 other groups yet everything was set out for many more guests.

The weather was exeptionally hot, so we have no way of knowing what the heating was like. The shower temperature was fine, however.

We also liked the ease of which we could get a tram or bus from right outside, plus the beach was just across the road.

We got back today (12th May), and I honestly didn't want to come home. I loved my stay.

One ruined weekend in Blackpool

If you want to spend a week or weekend in Blackpool dont stay at the New President Hotel as seen on television. We made that mistake and lived to regret it. It was dirty, noisy, with very little heat and this was in March, plus they allow all same sex groups when there company policy states no. The weekend we went we had little or no sleep listening to groups of women running,swearing and shouting up and down the corridors till past 5.30 in the morning they should never been allowed into the hotel at all in the drunken state they were in. We complained to the reception but all we got handed to us was a complaint form. We then did the only thing open to us we packed up and left. This has put my wife and I off blackpool this was the only time we went and it will be the last thanks to the New President Hotel.

Amusing

by TripAdvisor Member 147red

Well, we found this place amusing from the stressed receptionist to the scallywag waiter serving frozen foods! Breakfast was Ok, dinner though was quite definitely from frozen meat and veg and was barely passable, only the waiter made it worthwhile. The cheese brought to the wife with the biscuits was fully wrapped but had a piece already cut out of it! The cue ball got stuck in the pool table and one of the lads picked it up to try to get the white ball to drop out, it didn't but about fifteen quid in fifty pences dropped out of the leg!
There was a smell of farts around the toilet area coming down the main stairs, probably due to the facts that their didn't appear to be any ventilation in the loo. The bedroom could have been cleaner too. Wouldn't go again, but as there were a group of us, we made the best of it and we did have a laugh - entertainment was good!

Much better than expected from previous reviews

by TripAdvisor Member stevieboro

By the time we had read reviews for this hotel it was too late as we had already paid the deposit. Understandably we were concerned as previous reviews were horrendous. We need not have worried as for the price we paid it was a spot on hotel. What people expect for a very reasonably priced hotel I don't know. The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and tidy, there were no stag/hen partys running around and the breakfast was excellent, the only complaint was the rubbish shower.

Also contrary to previous reviews the drinks were of normal price. After a Saturday night out we went in to the hotel nightclub for a quick drink before bed and ended up staying there for ages as the DJ was superb, playing whatever we wanted. So all in all for the price paid it was good value and all four of us that stayed there would do so again

Steve

Devon

What a nightmare!!

by TripAdvisor Member Deborah1965

after reading reviews on trip advisor on this hotel i was a bit uneasy, some said it was great, others said it was awful. i had heard about it off the teletext and it looked good, reasonably priced & on the sea front. i called and booked the same day. i wanted to cancel after seeing reviews but i thought i should make up my own mind. on arrival i was told i didnt have a sea view room, even though i had paid for it as there was a double booking. i didnt was to cause trouble so i settled for the back room they gave me. i wasnt happy and proceeded to reception to see if there was an alternative available. the brash receptionist looked at me blankly, told me there wasnt and just handed me a complaint form i wanted to speak to a manager but there was none available. the room was dirty, it had a black ring around the bath of dirt and the room looked like it hadnt been cleaned in general for quite some time. the curtains were dusty and when i opened then i sneezed from the amount of dust that came out of them. there was lipstick on my cups and the linen didnt smell fresh. i felt ill as i hated the thought that i was sleeping in a bed that hadnt been washed since the last guest left. the entertainment room was shabby with out of date carpets, furniture, etc. the hotel was clearly in need of a face lift. the staff were ok- they were pleasant up until they had to actually do something and i felt let down and disappointed. i shall never return to the president again, i booked for 2 nights but left the day after i checked in. it was my husbends birthday and it was ruined, i shall never return to blackpool now because of this hotel.

Think again

by TripAdvisor Member darrenjones

A group of three families currently stayed at the President. When booking by telephone directly with the hotel we were given a price. Due to some confusion with the hotel staff the price increased on arrival which was unfair, but anyway we checked in after speaking with the hotel manager. First problem no shower in en-suite only bath in 2 of the rooms, one had a shower but with no shower curtain. I have stopped in B&B in blackpool and always had shower so I thought this was unacceptable for a hotel. Toilet seat broken and on the floor, dirty mold round bath and curtain falling down so you could not close them. We had a room that was up down, up down stairs problems with a pushchair or wheelchair. Apparently from the other families this was the best room out of the three. Breakfast was good no complaints. Prices in the so called disco for the drinks were pricey. I think if it wasn't due to the lights being on and all other hotels being fully booked we would not have checked in. Apart from all this we all had a great time in Blackpool. Definatley coming to Blackpool next year but not the NEW PRESIDENT HOTEL.

Comments