The Welbeck Hotel

AMOMA.com Otel.com

More about The Welbeck Hotel

Outstanding staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Aroundtheworld89

Once i arrived to the hotel, the manager was at the front ready to greet me, then he showed me around and made me feel extremely welcome, Unfortunately because the lift isnt very big and i had a fair few bags he showed me my room and let me take the lift while he took my bags using the stairs, i stayed for 2 nights and had the very plesant opportunity of meeting his lovely family, everyone there made me feel so welcome, and at home! i have never stayed at such a pleasent hotel in Blackpool like this before, i can not fault anything, it was so perfect, i will definitly be returning next year!...

Terrible dont entertain the idea of staying here

by TripAdvisor Member Chloe2212206

Me and 4 friends went to Blackpool on Good Friday for my friends 21st..We arrived at the hotel and even though we req for our rooms to be next to each other we were on different floors..When we entered the room they were dirty and our television was not there. We got ready and went out for the night...We arrived home at around 2-2.15am to find that the hotel enterance had been locked even though we informed the hotel manager that we were going out when we booked and we also told him when we arrived. On the keys that we got we had a key to the front door but this did not work it just kept turning in the lock..We ended up going to the hotel next door to ask for help after we had rang, banged windows tried to open doors with no look the night porter from the hotel next door came and tried to get in with no look so he invited us to sit in the dinning room and offered us hot drinks until the hotel opened...After a while we paid for a room at this hotel....The next morning at 7am we went to try the door with no look and kept trying to call.......We finally got through at 8am if we had had to stay outside all of that time I dread to think what would have happened to us in the bitterly cold winds....I spoke to the reeption staff when i walked in who told me that the door was never locked, the hotel manager wasnt on site and was uncontactable by phone!!!! We went up to our room and were told to come back down later....I wnet back down after 45mins still no manager but another memeber of staff who told me that the manager would be down shortly that he lived on site (therefore staff proved to be a liar!!) I went back down after and hr and spoke to the mananger who was nothing but rude I managed to get a refund of £108.00 but he refused to pay the cost of £50.00 that we had paid for the other hotel.....I will never be going back to this hotel and would strongly advise others not to go there

This place is terrible

by TripAdvisor Member boab08

Three of us went to Blackpool for the Grand National weekend and stayed in the Welbeck Hotel. Two of us shared a room and the other was given a room a floor above us. We looked into the twin bedroom first and were pleased to see 2 double beds. This was about the only good point about the hotel. The shower head was too low, so we had to duck down to wash ourselves, and the toilet/shower area was too small to get dried in. The kettle in the room was partially filled with water and a brown substance. The mugs and glasses that were with the kettle were not washed. And my pillow case did not have a pillow in it, but towels instead. Our room door did not lock, so anyone who pushed our door could easily enter it and go through our belongings. The TV in our room did not work. My friend then came down from his room and told us that his room was not much better. He did not have a TV, his kettle was the same, there was still a used towel lying on the floor of his shower room, and someone had left a deposit in his toilet.

We went down for our evening meal at half past five, and were asked if we wanted fruit juice or asparagus soup for our starters. Then we were told there was a choice of steak pie, potatoes and veggie, or turkey and veggie for our main meal. But there was no steak pie left so were told we were having turkey. The food was not properly cooked, but we forced it down as we were so hungry. The desert was a choice of Strawberry gateaux or ice cream. One ice cream and two gateaux we asked for. We got three ice creams and told there was no gateaux left. Then the next table asked fir it and they got three gateau's.

During the night, my friend that was sleeping on his own knocked on our door and asked to sleep on our floor, as someone had been kicking at his door saying that he was going to kill him. We could all hear him still walking about shouting and swearing. We heard in the morning that he had beaten his wife/girlfriend and that she had left. We reported this to the reception and we were just told that the man wouldn't have been looking for my friend so just to leave it.

The breakfast we were given was not good at all. The eggs looked like they had not been cooked right so I cannot comment on how they tasted. The bacon was mostly fat and was way too salty. We were only given toast after our meal and this was cold.

The meal on the second night was chicken soup or fruit juice for starters. The soup tasted exactly like the turkey from the night before and the fruit juice which my friend got was about a mouthful. Again we weren't given a choice of food for our main meal and got some sort of steak that again was not cooked thorough and again did not cover most of the plate.

The hotel has a pool room in it, but there is no triangle or chalk, and the table is at a slant. Also the stairs to get up to the bedrooms are way too steep and I witnessed an older couple struggling to get up them.

The hotel is also too far out of the way from anything. At least mile from the Tower, and even further from the Pleasure Beach.

Overall this is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in when I have been too Blackpool in the many times I have visited, and would not recommend this to anyone.

terrible nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member munckin

well i dont no how to start,it was the worst experience of hotels ive ever had and the manager is an impulsive liar! well they must be writting there own reviews because it was far from a great and a welcoming experience! i would strongly advise nobody to stop in this awful accommodation as it is dirty and the staff are very rude!!!!!.

Completely satisfield

by TripAdvisor Member DCWS

We booked a last minute short break in May and paid in full, due to unforseen circumstances we had to cancel at extremely short notice, after consulting with the owner on several occasions we came to a mutual agreement which was agreeable to both parties and eventually had our short break early June. We found the owner extremely polite, breakfasts were very good, fruit juce, several choices of cereals, full cooked breakfast and toast. Although the rooms are small, they are clean. At the end of the day you do not spend the day in the bedroom, you need a clean bed to sleep in and we had no complaints whatsoever. If you want Hilton standards then book and pay for them at stay at the Hilton. If you just want a clean bed to sleep in and polite staff then we would recommend the Welbeck.

Thank you Chirag for your understanding and good luck for your future business.

Very Interesting

by TripAdvisor Member torontostrouble

I was very very amazed by no of hotels found in Blackpool. We just went there for few days and though we will just find some accomodation.

Driving in evening, we found vacancies on Welbeck Hotel, it was ordinary hotel, nothing extra special. We went in and person at reception gave us quote and showed us 4 different type of rooms, we picked up the room we like most, it was room 310, beautiful sea views and lovely room.

It was basic hotel with adequate facilities, when comparing prices. We sat in hotel bar two evening and got on well with staff and management, on second day we mat onwer of the hotel, asian guy, very friendly we sat down till late chating about his hotel industry experience and what not.

Hospitality was great, I was so impressed by the way we been treated. We generally don't get that personal touch, but here was differnt.

Blackpool town is very run down in central and all, lot of places were run down, but where we were staying that end was nice and quiet.

I have never been to Blackpool, so everything was new and I found it very interesting the whole stay at Blackpool.

With hotel: I will recommend there hospitality, helpful ness, their Beautiful Oak panelled Sea front Dining Room(That is what they call it) was beautiful.

Only one problem, pool table in Games room took my 50pence.lol.

Very dirty and needs cleaning.

by TripAdvisor Member clara_07

The hotel is ran by an asian family and has been the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. me and my family are just back from a very disapointing stay in the welbeck.

when we arrived in blackpool last monday we got the key to our room and they gave us the top floor, so me, my mum and little brother went into our room and it was filthy. The floor was dirty, the bins hadnt been emptied and there was hair on the headboards on the bed and the bath was dirty!! we just couldnt stay in a room like that. so my mum asked if we could move to another room and wanted a room with a shower and wanted to be on the first floor as she had alot of medical problems and can't climb stairs. the lift in the hotel is tiny and can only fit two people and cant fit big suitcases.

The guy who owns the hotel told us that the room he gave us was his own room that he has been living in for 7 months and had moved out to let us move in and he sounded all proud that he ,moved out to let us move in. i can't belive the cheek of him! we paid to come and stay in the hotel for him to give us his room, what a way to make extra money!!

The second room he gave us was a bit cleaner, but still dirty and the tiles in the toilet were off the wall and my 6 year old brother almost cut his foot during the night when he went to the toilet. my mum complained about it, and got told they would clean it in the morning but they didn't. The room was full of flys and behind the beds were filthy. everything needs cleaning!!

The entertaiment in the hotel is also rubbish, not suitable for kids or a family. I wasnt impressed with the food either, the tables weren't cleaned all week and the place was just discusting. I know i have wrote alot, but I dont want people to do what we done and book to stay in this hotel only for a disapointing time.

The hotel needs cleaning and i don't recommend it. we stayed in the southbank hotel last year and that hotel was much better.

I wont be staying in this hotel again. i am looking forward to getting a decent sleep in my own bed tonight.

Glad to leave

by TripAdvisor Member beenthere007

We booked for 4 nights, but after 2 nights we couldn't stay any longer. The room was filthy, no hot water from the shower, room too small. If my wife wanted to go to the bathroom during the night, she had to clamber over me. The so called en-suite was a joke, because as soon as you sat on the toilet seat, you could hardly move to reach toilet paper, least of all use it.
The service was a disgrace, the crockery dirty, food just edible (if you were hungry). Even the chef walked out, because he had had enough. I asked for a refund and we moved next door, where we had previously, and will be in future staying again. The Welbeck ruined 2 days of our holiday, and I cannot understand how anyone could fail to see that there wasn't anything whatsoever good to report about this place.
They will not be getting our custom again, and I strongly urge anyone who is considering staying there to look elsewhere.

Where have the cleaners gone, on a different holiday!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member catcumbria

ok little hotel, friendly enough staff, but the whole place could do with a cleaner paying a visit, there was still remenants of the last occupants, very clearly visible all over the place, tea stains on the doors, rubbish on the floor of the bathroom. When we went out, early enough in the morning, by the time we came back late evening, the room hadn't been touched.

God knows what people moan for, my stay was fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member dragonsden

stayed for 2 nights, no fuss no hassle, people were very friendly and helpful, everybody was nice, in evening my missus dress was bit torn, person, got us sewing kit, straight away and saved the evening.

We came late both evening, we were given late keys but told to be quiet, which we were, no hassle no bother. Great breakfast in the morning, even though we came sharp at 9.30 when breakfast finishes, still got full breakfast both days.

I have read some reviews and people can moan, i feel very sorry for staff and management who work so hard to make sure that everybody is happy and they get this sort of comments, When ever we asked for something is was always done, from having extra pillows to extra coffee in the morning in the room.

Bang on, we all are going back again in Oct.

Comments