250 - 262 North Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 1SA, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• blackpools worst hotel

our experiance at this hotel wasnt good the lift is well its just absolutley ridiculas who on earth has a lift like that nowdays but there was one good thing about the hotel n that was our waitress hannah who was good at her job very nice n polite n served us well. but apart from that there is nothing to say good about the place we have visited this hotel for a few years now . we only came back because the hotel on the previouse year said that the new lift would be up n working. so we thought gve um a chance we would go back to our favourite room on first flor . never no more we found ourselves stranded more than once in the dinning room someone hadnt closed door on lift so therefore we had to struggle n get up to our room via stairs thats no good for my 83 yr old mother n for myself either.but that probably wasnt any of the geausts fault because there days you expect the lift to close on its own n not have to drag a very heavey door across after leaving it. in 2011 we stayed on ground floor cos of this but the room then was a digrace with draw fronts missing n leg fell off the bed n it stank of urin so next year 2013 we have already booked in another hotel for our usual jan visit

Unique Quality: there isnt anything outstanding about this hotel i think it needs a dam good revamp n all the wobbly door handles fixing cos our rom door handle was dodgy 2 yrs ago n still is we had trouble locking it you had to fiddle around with it. bar staff were very polite n so was reception ladies . but no we wont be back again

More about Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool

Nice hotel - pity about the location

by TripAdvisor Member cooljools1931

Stayed at this hotel 13 July for a long weekend. Hotel reception is lovely, very modern. Check in was really smooth & efficient. Room was ok - I believe that the hotel are slowly refurbishing the rooms so I think this was one still to be done. It was clean but the decor a bit shabby.
Food was lovely and a great menu so much choice.
Entertainment was good as we had a Peter Kay tribute act on the Saturday nite and he was great .... June Martell was lovely and bingo on Sunday night a laugh.
The only faults I could find were 1) the arrogant Scottish barman with the moustache who was particularly unpleasant when I approached him with a problem I had with my drink. He was a bit false and should learn to be courteous in bad situations as well as good situations. 2) The hotel location is not great as it is a good 10/15 mins walk from the North Pier for us young uns so older folk would struggle with the walk.

On the whole not a bad hotel but it is a bit away from the main attractions.

worth coming to

by TripAdvisor Member jambonian

We were down at Tiffanys for the Peter Kaye tribute weekend from 4th May to 7th and had a great time. The staff were friendly and helpful on arrival and most of our rooms were very comfortable although we did have to change one of them as it wasn't ready and didn't seem as nice as the others but again the staff sorted it out without any problem. There was a breakfast buffet with a good choice on offer and the evening menu consisted of a choice of 2/3 starters, 3/4 main courses and 2/3 desserts, tea and coffee was served as and when you wanted it. The entertaiment was very enjoyable, everyone else appeared to like it aswell. The only downside to our experience here was the games room, it appeared to be underused and needed a bit of care and attention but apart from that everything else was fine. I'd recommend the Hotel and we will be going back there again quite soon.

the pits

by TripAdvisor Member lelly7

After reading reviews I thought I must have stayed at the wrong hotel!!! Maybe I have been spoilt by hotels that I have stayed in and expected too much but this hotel was the absolute pits!!! The pictures on the internet showed it as a really nice hotel with loveley rooms etc. I was horrified. The room smelt damp, there were bare wires hanging from the ceiling, the wardrobe looked like it was going to collapse at any minute and there was no plug near the dressing table for hairdryers, straightners etc. I complained about the room immediately and was then moved to another room. Although this was a little better, it was still a nasty little room. I personally don't see how they can get away with this. According to their website you would think it was a luxury hotel when it most certainly wasnt, infact it put me in mind of a DSS hostel. Apart from the Foyer which was very modern and the downstairs hallway it was disgusting and I would never stay there again!!! I think B and Q would do a roaring trade in Blackpool because everything seems to need a lick of paint or mending.

not a bad hotel

by TripAdvisor Member linpinBarnsley

just read the last review and have to disagree with the writter it was no where near has bad as they are making out true some of the rooms could do with upgrading but ours was clean we had a sturdy wardrobe and we also had plug sockets by the dressing table the room didnt smell and was cleaned every day with clean fresh towels if required the food was very good and the evening entertainment was not too bad more suitable for the older guests though we did find the hotel very noisy at night as are room was at the top of the stairs and not many people used the lift due to you only being able to get one person at a tme in it that was when it was working overall not a bad hotel would stay again

Robbed

by TripAdvisor Member steffibean

What I was going to write would be a repeat of Lelly7's spot on description. You are lured in by the beautiful modern reception only be to given what I cant even describe as a room but more of a dingy, dated broom cupboard. We declined the first room we were given. It was tiny, smelt musty, the curtains were hanging off the rail and the ceiling/lights consisted of polystrene tiles and office style lighting. Presuming that the other rooms were of similar style, after reading some of the reviews on here, we did stay in our first room until we also had enough of the lift crashing directly onto our wall after half an hour. Rather reluctantly we were shown a second room which was marginally better only because we were free of the lift. We were actually free of everything as all the rooms around us were not in use, the door handles were removed, and we were put around the back overlooking the air con. At least it was quiet! The front of this hotel is currently being re-faced but they should seriously be spending the money on the rooms. I visit blackpool once or twice a year and every B&B I have stayed in has been 100 times better than this one. At least they are not trying to be something they are most clearly not. Please do not waste your money but if you are adamant on staying here than ask to see the room on the 360 pictures as we struggled to find it! In future I will stick to the B&Bs and live up the Blackpool experience!

Avoid

by TripAdvisor Member funnyboy

Visited this Hotel for a teat for a meal last week.
Had to pay £30 for 2 people upfront,at reception before dining or seeing the menu.
All I can say is I have had better school dinners.There was only a choice of 2 main courses.Had roast Lamb which was covered in sticky sweet gravy.The only potatoes were warm new potatoes,no cabbage left? and only a very cheap quality ice creamleft for dessert.Hot very weak coffe was served afterwards.
In looking round in the dining room it was clear that this place needed a good clean ,especially the chairs which were grubby.
The wine waiter needed a good deodrant an the other staff who served us left the meal on the table that quickly they were clearly embarrasssed about what they served.
On complaining to the restaurant manager he argued that the quality was fine and what did we expect for £30.
Well we certainly expected more than that and I,m glad we werent staying there.

Smelly, Musty, dated, filthy.

by TripAdvisor Member lexxtheimpaler

Booked a room for the 27th October. The tariff for one night for 2 people B&B was a whopping £100.
On arrival the place looked great. The decor in the reception area was very inviting and the staff at the desk were friendly. We were given room 230 which is at the rear of the hotel. Going up the stairs was like going back in time, say 50 years back. The carpets were disgusting and the decor was appalling. It felt just like a doss house or salvation army. The plaster and the skirting boards were hanging off and it was dark and dingy.
On entering the room we were met by a strong musty smell, the curtains and the carpet were disgusting and the bed linen was not clean with marks all over the pillow cases. The bathroom was a joke, tiny and smelly with no shower. The wardrobes were as old as the ark itself and dirtyu inside. We had a view of a full skip at the back.
We did not stay. We immediately went back to the reception and asked for our money back. This proved easier than I thought, the receptionist appeared quite embarassed about it all, and refunded our £100. We got out of there sharpish.
PLEASE AVOID unless you want to revisit the 50s. It is beyond belief that they can expect £100 for that disgusting little room, I wouldnt have my cat stay there.

disgusting

by TripAdvisor Member Santa48

Went to Tiffany's for a Turkey & Tinsel weekend with 16 friends. On arrival everything looked fine in the reception area. The room my husband and I were allocated was tiny, outdated and cold. a water tank was above the room and was constanly filling up and very noisey. Moved to another room at the other end of the hotel which was slightly bigger but grubby and cold. There where no doors on the wardrobe and the window was taped up to stop draughts, but it didn't work.
Meal times-if you could call them meals, slops more like. The meat was like plastic and the veg was tasteless it had been cooked for so long, the fish meals were still frozen inside.
The bar prices are London prices and we often had dirty glasses.
We paid £210 per couple for a 3night stay which was not value for money. Its an outdated dirty hotel with futuristic prices.
The entertainment was as outdated as the hotel.

WILL DEFINETLY GO BACK

by TripAdvisor Member SUEFROMBOLTON

I have stayed at tiffany's a few times the first being some years ago and before it's refubishment and enjoyed it, have been twice in 2006 and again the following year with my hubby we found it to be great yes as all hotels they had a few issiuse to sort out but still the staff could not do enough for us and the food we thought was very good so some of the people who have left negative remarks must have been very hard to please! No I am not a snob or anything but I have stayed in some very exspencive places in my time and have'nt had as good a time as in Tiffs but as they say it dosnt do if we all like the same thing I'm just sorry Tiffs have had a bad report from some of the above,
Have had to put the last date we stayed but as I have said we have been a few times and will be back (as Arnie says) lol :-)

Why not to go to Tiffany's Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rioDerby

Just arrived home after a Sun-Fri break at Tiffany's
Have been going there off and on for the last 15 years. i went last year in April and upon arrving there in March of this year.
I have never seen a Hotel go down hill so fast.
Sunday - arrived at the room it was more like a broom cupborad, had to move the chair every time to get into the wardrobe
Monday- evening entertainment, a guy with learning disabilities dancing on the dance floor doing no harm was ushered off the floor because he was upsetting a 13 year old, yes i said a 13 year old singer, the guy was very distraught and started crying and this outraged alot of the guests.
Tue - Bingo one of the guests checked a winning ticket for the caller, he then took the ticket back to the winner who asked him where his winnings were, the guy said he'd only checked the ticket and wasn't given the prize money to give to him the compere then got on stage and said she'd paid it out of her own purse. So where was the money, the guy who'd checked the ticket was upset that it made him look like a thief.Nothing was cleared up to tell other guests he hadn;t taken the money.
Wed - Guy with learning difficulties sister and nephew came to vist Hotel beacuse owner was on about asking him to leave. They paid £15 each for evening ( slops ) and when the complained about the quality of the food they were told ( what do you expect fo £15 ) then the lady owner told one of the waiters off for poor servece, instead of accepting it was the food at fault and not the servce of the food.
Thur - Front entrance to Hotel closed for safety reasons, all smokers outside back door of Hotel, lady owner walksb through door, hanky over nose waving her other had as though people who smoke are leopers. Husband owner arrives as peolpe were saying they can now see why the Hotel has gone down hill when i said the the owner i had never seen a decline in a business so fast, i was told to shut up i didn't know what i was talking about, and his hand waving under my nose whilst he was telling me to go away he didn't wish to speak to me,all i can say he is the most arrogant, self absorbed person i have ever meet,who thinks that Tiffany's has got the reputation for business, so it dosen't matter how he treats his guests, they will allways find other idiots to stay there ( Wrong ) the moral of this is ......--- if you are disabled and want to be upset go to Tiffany's if you want kids running round bar and landings till 1am go to Tiffany's if you want £2 meals for £20 for evening meals go to Tiffany's if you want to pay London prices for drinks go to Tiffany's if you smoke and want to be treated like a social leoper go to Tiffany's these are but a few instances i witnessed over the week 16th - 21st March 2008 i could go on but i hope i have said enough to make poeple think twice about Tiffany's these problems would had been sorted if the Hotel had good owners rather than owner that only want the money from the guests and don't care about the treatment of them or there staff

A perfect piece of design ?A perfect piece of design ?

Comments