479 South Promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Blackpool

Pleasure beach LogoPleasure beach Logo

Family accomodation near Blackpool?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of staying in Blackpool sometime soon to see some relatives, I've stayed in Blackpool centre before and found it to be far too noisy for myself and my children at night.

Can anyone recommend a good family friendly hotel either on the outskirts of Blackpool, or within a few miles of Blackpool?

Thanks

by ranger49

I agree about Blackpool. Have you thought about any of theplaces just to the north - Bispham, Thornton or Cleveleys. And to the south - St Anne's, Lytham St Anne's and Lytham.
They were always quieter and considerd to be the "better " ends of Blackpool. Sorry I can't recommend a place to stay as until very recently I still had relatives living in the area with whom I stayed.
Getting in and out of Blackpool from any of them would be quick and easy.

by zuriga

www.smoothhound.co.uk is a very good site for a hotel or B&B search. I like that they include photos of the places and it's easy to link to the website of the property.

by henry14

The DeVere Herons Reach might be worth considering, just outside of the town centre but in a good location across from Stanley Park and next door to the zoo so plenty to do with kids. They've got some good offers on at the moment: http://www.devere.co.uk/offers/leisure-offers/autumn-breaks.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=devere%20blackpool&utm_campaign=Herons%20Reach%20-%20Leisure

At the South Shore end of Blackpool there's the Big Blue Hotel which also gets good reviews but I guess could get noisy due to its location next to the Pleasure Beach.

Premier Inn have a hotel in Bispham (attached to the Red Lion pub) and there's another one on the outskirts not sure of its name, but its just at the end of the M55 and attached to the Outside Inn pub (which kids love, a sort of fairy grotto town, indoors!).

by Britannia2

We stayed in Blackpool a few days ago at the Norbreck Castle - its a 3 star and not bad. There is a review on my Blackpool page and some photos.
Bispham is really nice and the tram or the No.1 bus only take 10 minutes to get in to the centre from there.

by Chrinkles

Hi all, thanks for the response.

After what ranger said I asked my family. They said Lytham St Anne's has a few good hotels, so I've been looking there. Anyone ever stayed at the St Ives hotel in Lytham?

I'm thinking of going around Christmassy time. I should probably book soon...

Ta

by Chrinkles

Hi all, thanks for the response.

After what ranger said I asked my family. They said Lytham St Anne's has a few good hotels, so I've been looking there. Anyone ever stayed at the St Ives hotel in Lytham - http://www.thestiveshotel.co.uk?

I'm thinking of going around Christmassy time. I should probably book soon...

Ta

by ranger49

Hello again - I just had a look on Tripadvisor for Reviews - very mixed - not unusuaul on TA - but there are some recent, rather negative comments -

Travel Tips for Blackpool

Go up the Tower, of course!!...

by Dave_Walley

Go up the Tower, of course!! Modelled on the Eiffel Tower, it's our town's symbol and known nationally. Playing football and eating ice-cream in Stanley Park, a large area of greenery just outside the town centre.

Comments