The Balmoral Guest House

Expedia.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

More about The Balmoral Guest House

Had a wonderful stay!

by TripAdvisor Member PaulnJenny

Had a fantastic stay at the Balmoral, comfortable and welcoming. They could not do enough for us. I would highly recommend this guest house if you are planning to stay in the area.

We stayed in the Windsor room which was lovely, furnished to a very high standard with lovely views over the bay.

The breakfast is fantastic and we were told to order to what specifications we wanted. If you like your scrambled eggs more on the runny side they are happy to accommodate for such things. The food also is high quality and will not disappoint.

The downstairs bar is a lovely touch and even draws in guests from the other guest houses nearby!

Viv and Dusty are truly lovely people who will do their utmost to make your stay enjoyable. Dusty even gave us a lift back to the train station on our way home.

Superb couple of nights

by TripAdvisor Member BobandPat76

What a delight. Stumbled across the Balmoral when up in Lancaster for a business course. Dusty and Viv, the owners couldn't have been more accommodating. They are a fountain of knowledge about the local area and couldn't do enough to help. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the food is as goos as you will find in any decent restaurant.

Dusty and Viv, I will be back later in the year as I am booked in for another course so will definately be looking to stay with you again. See you both in the bar

Very enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member VicBelfastNI

My girlfriend and I stayed with Viv and Dusty for two nights in February. We had travelled over from Belfast. I am sorry to say it was not a weekend break, unfortunately we were attending a funeral of a close friend. Having said that, Viv and Dusty were most accommodating and could not do enough for us both! The accommodation was fantastic, the food excellent, and I would recommend the balmoral to anyone. They are just a lovely couple and brilliant hosts. Victor (Vic) and Dawn

very nice rooms, good friendly staff, will stay again.

by TripAdvisor Member bigdave4600

we used 2 different rooms during our stay, both were really nice, the windsor suite is very comfortable, giving a fantastic view out over the bay.
all the staff were friendly and helpful, really made us feel welcome

An absolute pleasure

by TripAdvisor Member Hey1Barrow

Excellent service, wonderful breakfasts, lovely, lovely people who would do anything they can to help you and make you even more comfortable. Very friendly, kind, fun, welcoming, clean, high standards, excellent views, brilliant staff etc. etc.

being treated has part of the family,

by TripAdvisor Member taffyback

i spend 2 weeks there for a STATS course, from the day i arrived, i was made welcome, and Dusty has a knowledge to let us know what is around morecombe. Dusty and Viv was helpful, and would go out of they way to aid you. I am happy to pass this hotel on to my friends, and would use this place again.

Football Fans - This is the perfect place!

by TripAdvisor Member leighpbedford

4 of us travelled to Morecombe to watch Luton Town Vs Morecambe. This hotel was recommended by a friend and I can see why! The staff were incredibly friendly and hospitable. The rooms were of a high standard with freeview tv. The food was excellent. It was close to the shops, a fantastic Sunday market and the football ground. Dusty even gave us a lift to the ground - brilliant (and he even let us review the match at breakfast the next day after Luton picked up a valuable 3 points despite the fact he supports Morecambe - ha ha )

A perfect weekend - would definately go back again to The Balmoral Hotel!

Made to feel part of the family.....

by TripAdvisor Member DeepdiverNorwich

I stayed at the Balmoral for two weeks in February 2009 while attending the DITC at STATS 2000. I was made to feel at home and part of the family by Viv, Dusty and Zoe. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with them. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The food was excellent, especially the evening meals. The complemetary wireless internet access was a bonus allowing me a convenient way to keep contact with my family while a long way from home. I shall certainly be returning to the Balmoral when I carry out more training with STATS 2000 and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area whether on business or pleasure.
John Rowley

Lovely place, very friendly!

by TripAdvisor Member KilburnJules

My mother and I stayed for a week in April. We picked this hotel due to the recommendations on this website and were not disappointed. Dusty and Viv and all the staff were all very friendly. The guest house is of a high standard and featured things I had not come across in other places : like flat screen televisions with Freeview, and a mini fridge in the dining room to keep the juice and milk cold. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice (you do not leave hungry!). The rooms are of a good size, tastefully decorated, and very clean. The location is also very good, opposite lovely gardens and the beach, with bus stops nearby if like me you don't drive and the station not too far. Another good point was the heating which you could put on when you like (at other places we have stayed management control the heating). A couple of evening were quite chilly so this was a bonus. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back!

relaxing holiday

by TripAdvisor Member CANDYLittleborough

nice hosts loveley breakfast nice staff that clean your room every day to high standerds will be going back nice sun set from front rooms book early steve littleborough lancs

Comments