129 St. Nicholas Circle, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5LX, United Kingdom

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Leicester

Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SJOAKES

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Leicester in December 2006 when my work party was being held there.

The Rooms are big and spacious. TV,Bathroom etc...

One this i have to say is that when arriving at the hotel there were bottles of alcohol down the corridor and where still there the next day. It didnt bother me but it just made me wonder why they where there.

Function room excellent, one great night.

Breakfast excellent, lots of choice.

I will defiently be coming back to stay at this hotel.

Hmmm!

by TripAdvisor Member hda1963

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn, Leicester, a few times, and been impressed with the staff, facilities, etc.
However, on our last visit there, the computers had gone down, so the desk staff were relying solely on written records. Surely this is their back-up system - er, no! The room "keys" - credit-card type swipe cards - worked for the first couple of days, if you were lucky which, unfortunately, we were not. The on-screen display of our bill showed the wrong amount, and seemed to infer that we were leaving after two days, which was not the case. This was, however, cleared up by desk staff most efficiently, and our "keys" were reset to allow us to continue our stay without too much trouble.
One of the lifts was out of order for a day which was a little inconvenient for other people with suitcases, etc.
I will confirm that the air-conditioning is WAY too noisy. The alternative of leaving the window open is not feasible, as the sound of sirens from emergency vehicles is audible at any time of day or night. Not the hotel's fault, I know, but beware all light sleepers.
As for the cost of breakfast, it is EXTORTIONATE! How they can charge £18 for this, I have no idea. Best to get your own breakfast somewhere else.

Good Family Value

by TripAdvisor Member StephenLees

We took our Grandchildren here on an attractions weekend break which was very good value for money and child friendly. The bedrooms were a good size with everything we needed and the food that was included in the package was very good. We had expected a lesser menu due to the price of the package but this was not the case. The attractions included were very good although the poor weather did cut short the trip to Conkers. The city centre location was very well placed for shopping.

Very pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member Gladioli

After reading some of the reviews on this site, I wasn't expecting much. But I was very pleasantly surprised.

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending a festival in Leicester (and going for the comfortable option rather than camping!) We were greeted by a friendly member of staff who opened a door for us so we wouldn't have to go through the revolving doors with our cases - a small but nice touch which gave a good impression straight away. The receptionist who booked us in was pleasant and friendly.

We'd booked a standard rate room with breakfast, and our room on the seventh floor was spacious, comfortable and clean with a lovely big bed - I slept better than I do at home! The bathroom was also good. The buffet breakfast was impressive - lots of choice, with yogurts, fresh fruits, pastries, etc, plus all the usual cooked breakfast items, and friendly staff offering to top up hot drinks.

As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is situated in the middle of a ring road. However, we found that with the windows closed we could barely hear the traffic noise. And the location is ideal for the town centre and shops - right on the doorstep. There's also some Roman ruins and a museum right across the road from the hotel - worth a look if you have time.

If I'm being picky, there are a few criticisms I could make - the towels in the bathroom were rather small (big fluffy bath sheets would be so much nicer - surely worth the initial outlay?) and breakfast on Sunday was a bit busy (and there's a bit of a bottle-neck by the toaster where your food gets cold as you wait). Also, our request to check out an hour or two late wasn't dealt with well. On Saturday we were told it should be possible (perhaps at a cost) but that we should check again the following morning. But when we did, we were told we couldn't unless we were Priority Club members.

Still, all in all, my partner and I were both impressed by this comfortable hotel - it far exceeded our expectations, and we'll almost certainly return next year.

Good hotel, bad VFM room service.

by TripAdvisor Member rosssully

I arrived at this hotel very late (1am) and had to leave quite early (8am), so probably didn't spend enough time here to get a true feel for the place!
However, what I can tell you is that despite my late arrival I was easily able to find a parking space in the NCP a few yards from the hotel entrance and check in quickly.
My room didn't feel like the one reserved for guests who may not show up after all but was in fact quite large, with two large and comfortable beds and a large, well fitted out bathroom. It was a little stuffy and had one of those annoying windows that opened just enough to let the noise from the air conditioning units outside in but not enough to let the stale air inside out. I was tired enough that it didn't bother me that much and was soon getting some sleep.
Because I didn't have much time the next day, I left a card outside my room with my choice of room service breakfast before I went to bed. Rather annoyingly they decided to deliver my breakfast early the next day and because I was still in the shower, took it away again! This caused a delay in getting it back, that meant I had very little time to eat it, before having to rush down to check out and get on my way. Given the very high price of hotel room service I think the least that they could do is deliver what you ask for, when you ask for it!
Check out was efficient and I got my Priority Club points, which I suppose is some compensation for the fact that I had to rush the start of my day at least.

Excellent service and high standard of room for good value

by TripAdvisor Member UkStarfish

We stayed in the hotel for one night as we were going to a gig in Leicester city centre in September. We booked it back in August for the internet rate of £55 non refundable, for a double room. Unfortunately the gig got postponed until November so not holding out much hope I rang to see if I could cancel or at least change the date of our stay. They were extremely helpful and changed the date with no extra cost and even threw in a breakfast for an extra 25p each as that was a new offer!

We had a really enjoyable stay, the room was in excellent condition, good size, really clean with great bathroom, coffee tea and mini bar snacks etc. Staff were very helpfull as we didn't really know the area and had their own taxi company that picked us up and took us where we wanted to go.

And the breakfast was amazing! Pretty much anything you wanted.. Hot buffet of usual English breakfast, continental buffet, fruit and ceral buffet and tea and coffee. Not bad for 25p!

Great location too, right in the city so great for shopping the day after.. and the hotel even has a deal with the NCP carpark next door, just £5 per night you stay so we were able to leave our car there while we shopped for no extra cost.

Don't usually write reviews on hotels but its not often that you find a chain hotel as good as this one. Would definately go back again.

bad service

by TripAdvisor Member mabelflower

£150 a night for a standard room with bed and breakfast....I would say, for what you get you would be better of staying at the Travelodge which is just round the corner.
The service is really bad, especially the duty manager who does not know how to deliver service with a smile, She also seems to undermine the reception staff when guest are requesting for information or products.

The food in the restaurant is greasy and you would be better of walking into town to get some food at half the price.

A good hotel, spoilt by the cost of a mug of coffee

by TripAdvisor Member Dedris

A quite weekend away seeing family and friends, I wanted a quite hotel, centrally located with good accommodation at a low cost.

The Holiday Inn in Leicester ‘ticked all the boxes’.

The car park was next door. with a subsidy on overnight parking. The reception is large and spacious. Managed by efficient staff, whose welcome was warm, efficient and friendly? Too often the welcome a cold, and mechanical. This was not the case.

The room was large and spacious, with all the extras one expects from a successful hotel group. In fact, the room was far better than I had expected and queried this. I was told that because I was a priority member I was given a room better than the standard but not as good as the executive. At £55.00 I consider this to be excellent value.

The breakfast was good with a large selection of hot, cold and continental dishes. The staff were all most helpful and pleasant.

I did not dine in the restaurant so cannot comment.

A warning. The cost of a coffee at £3.10 is twice the cost of a plate of Danish pastries, is excessive.

Outstanding customer service

by TripAdvisor Member CharlieFox

I stay in hotels a lot and have stayed in 1* through to 6* and I have to say, my recent stay here was fantastic. Marianna on the reception desk was an angel and came outside with me to help me park my car (I was cautious about my safety at night in the ajoining NCP carpark). The guy who was on the front desk with her took my bags up to my room for me. The restaurant staff fell over themselves to make me (a lone female traveller) feel comfortable and welcome. Kathy on the front desk was also lovely and friendly. Honestly, all the staff were the most helpful I've ever encountered. The hotel itself was pretty good too. Nice room; clean, spacious and quiet. The food in the restaurant was of a good standard and room service was quick and efficient. I hope the managers of the hotel read this post and go out of their way to feed this back to the staff concerned, as they deserve a pat on the back.

Great staff

by TripAdvisor Member sxykity666

The hotel was easy to find and parking excellent as multi-storey next to hotela.

Stayed here as a base for a girl's night out. We had 2 rooms, each with 2 double beds... we stayed 3 in each... may have been a squeeze for 4 adults. Rooms were very modern, also the bathroom was very clean!

Returning from our night at approx 2am the night team couldn't have been more accomodating. They delivered cups of tea to us in reception and assisted us in ordering take-out pizza!

There was a bit of trouble from a couple of wandering drunkards wandering into the hotel however the security handled it well nd what more can you expect from a city centre hotel.

The modern shopping mallThe modern shopping mall

Seed To FloweringSeed To Flowering

Girls say Hy!Girls say Hy!

Comments