Ibis Leicester

St. George's Way, Constitution Hill, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 1PL, United Kingdom
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Leicester

Bavarian MarketBavarian Market

Leicester's lively city centreLeicester's lively city centre

Jewry wall and Roman baths.Jewry wall and Roman baths.

Travel Tips for Leicester

Tigers and Leicester City

by Carmela71

ok, on my second year, my house was in between the footbal stadium and the rudby one lol, so I knew whne each scored by sure hehehe

I have to say that Tigers supporters behave much better than the footbal ones... 100% sure I do not remeber how many times i have heard to the City Football Club "blue army" of supporters lol Great fun (not all where noisy, some of my good friends were football supporters and behave lol)

AT the end, my leicester page!!!!!

by Carmela71

"My home for two great years"

I want to share with you my best friends there: here is: Nuria and Luz, girls say hi!!!!

I went by chance. After a bad experience at work I needed a break, first I visited my friend in tangier (see Morocco page for thoughts of the time), and one week after I decided to go to England.

First I phoned a friend from Uni (Sandra) but I was not in mood for being a nanny, childs are great for their mothers LOL, So I decided to phone a friend from Bilbao from my childhood, Nuria (yes the one at my right in the photos), and she said, come no prob.... I booked the flight and 3 days after the conversation I arrived to Leicester.

I went for a month with an open ticket, but in two weeks I got a job with British Gas and I decided to stay all summer.

Then I decided to stay until Christmas to get the Advance certificate, and in September I got the chance to enrol university, so I stayed a year.

After a year I decided to do the Hons of the degree.... so finally I stayed two years.

I still consider England my second home. England gave me chance that my own country did not give to me ...

And I meet great people over there ...

"A city of contrasts"

I read some place that Leicester is a city of contrasts, an industrial city with its own character, a multi cultural place, an university city as well ... and it is true ý. Completely TRUE

Leicester is central England, all roads cross this city, thatýs why manufacturing is so important here, is the business triangle, Nothingham for main offices, Birmingham for business, and the actual factories here in Leicester (Walkers, sausages, etc... all students we worked in many of them lol)

Leicester, pronounced Les-ter, one of the 10 largest cities in England and the biggest of the East midlands

"Thomas Cook"

Here Thomas Cook invented the holiday excursion, with its first organise trip on train, and you can see the statue outside the rail station.

Comments