Marriott Leicester

Smith Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE19 1SX, United Kingdom

Leicester Marriott Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Nice

not great if you want to be close to the city centre otherwise its a great place and very close to the M1.
    It has a gym and a great restaurant.
    its a huge hotel, newly built in 2006.
    good food and nice rooms.

More about Marriott Leicester

Staff make it a Wow

by TripAdvisor Member GlobalFamily

Our family of five just had a wonderful weekend at the Marriott Leicester. We expected the hotel to be modern and well-designed, since it was just built less than a year ago. What we didn't expect and what finally moved us from TripAdvisor reader to contributor was the consistently friendly and helpful attitude of ALL the staff; from check-in to restaurant to leisure club. Whomever is responsible for staff selection and training there is way ahead of the pack.

The swimming pool was perfect for our 4yr and 6yr kids and the childrens menu was just right.

We've stayed at many more expensive hotels but found the decor, the facilities, and especially the staff to be as good if not better than hotels costing several times more (albeit in more expensive cities!)

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member armagh222

stayed here for 1 night in a deluxe room and was very happy .this is one of the better marriotts that are in england .room was large and clean and bathroom with all the little luxuries.breakfast was excellent with large ,very fresh selection.the only problem and i must admit it is a big one is trying to enter the hotel.i could see the hotel clearly but it took me about 20mins getting lost to actuallyt make the carpark.a word of warning if you do decide to stay make sure and check the directions first!!

The best major chain hotel in Leicester

by TripAdvisor Member markmat

Definitely the best of the 3 major chain hotels in Leicester. Not the best location if you want the city centre, but just off the motorway and very convenient for the nearby Fosse Park shopping area, as well as cinema and restaurants.

The rooms are a good size, with large flat screen TV's and very comfortable beds. In my experience the 'executive' rooms are no different from the others, you get the same room with a few extra amenities and a bath robe (although you do get access to the executive lounge with free soft drinks and snacks).

Food in the restaurant is generally very good. I haven't used the gym but the pool is good. The staff are always very friendly and helpful.

Having stayed here about a dozen times now this is always my first choice hotel in the city.

The best hotel in leicester!

by TripAdvisor Member lexman

I have stayed in almost all the hotels in leicester and this one by far is the best. The hotel is very new and the rooms are up to date and modern. The bed is very comfortable and you will get a good nights sleep guaranteed.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dolly78

The hotel was very nice. It was clean and the staff were helpful and considerate. The room was a lovely size and had everything we needed. My only complaint would be that I found the bed very very soft. Overall a nice hotel though.

Fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member spikey-hed

Myself and my wife stayed here on our wedding night, now I know some might say this wouls influence my review but bear with me. The hotel staff on the whole were extremlely helpful and couldn't do enough for me and this was out of my wedding suit. The attention to detail in the hotel is superb the atrium as you enter is well designed with ample seating and space. The reception desk is large and well staffed.
The rooms are well laid out with oversized beds that are so comfortable you might not want to get up. The hotel supplies all the ameneties you would expect in the rooms.
The hotel also has a well equipped gym,pool,steam and sauna rooms.
The breakfast selection thinks of everyone from around the globe and the food we ate at night was top class the chef is a credit to this place.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough it is clean, modern and kept running at top speed by a great team. You can get a cheaper hotel locally but not by much. I would pay a bit more and stay here.

Very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member JChalmerswannabe

I booked this hotel for a Saturday night stay with my husband after reading reviews here, and was very happy with my choice. The hotel is very modern, centred around a full-height atrium, and is very attractive. Check-in was quick and efficient, and our room on the fifth floor was a good size, clean and comfortable. The large bed in particular was lovely. Despite the room overlooking the central atrium, we did not hear a thing from downstairs. When I made the booking, I was offered a rate of £69 per night for the room, or £79 with breakfast, which I opted for. I'm glad I did, because the breakfast was very good, and would have cost considerably more had I not booked the inclusive rate in advance.

I have only one small quibble. In the very nice bathroom, the bracket for the shower head, (which comes from a mixer tap in the bath), was too low on the wall, making it impossible to shower standing up. You either have to shower sitting in the bath, or take a bath and use the shower as a hand-held thing to wash your hair etc. There needs to be a higher bracket on the wall so you can shower properly.

Overall we had a very comfortable stay and I would definitely go there again.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member paulcooper

Stayed her for one night only - two adults and two kids (4yrs, 7yrs). Had a double double room for £79/night inc breakfast. I don't really have a bad thing to say about this hotel. It is new and hence everything is wonderfully modern and well kept. The hotel sits alone in a business park outside Leicester. It has ample parking and looks very modern and impressive on driving up. Within 10min walking there is a large sainsburys and collection of superstore-type shops - Next,Monsoon,Marks and spencers, BHS,WHSMITH,Boots,Borders.
The staff were all extremely pleasant and helpful. We ate in the MIXX restaurant and the food was wonderful. They have a kids menu (not that cheap) and loads of choice for adults. Our meal came to £60. In retrospect it would have been worth booking the Dinner,bed,breakfast option.
The rooms are well equipped. Downsides - the beds are only Queens and relatively soft mattresses. Not alot of space to stretch out. The bathrooms are quite plain and functional - a bit like a Hilton/travellodge.
The pool here is not that big, but is open from 630am to 11pm every day and has no restrictions for kids. We swam at 8am and it was very quiet. The changing rooms are very clean and very modern.
Would recommend

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BettingData.co.uk

A new Marriott which certainly lives up to the brand values.

There is not really anything to fault with this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful and polite.

Highly reccomended