Creston Villa Guest House

27 St Catherines, Lincoln, LN5 8LW, United Kingdom

More about Creston Villa Guest House

5 Star Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member StevieboyBradford

From start to finish , the weekend was excellent. Our hosts were so helpful, all boxes were ticked. Only two day visit but Iain and Anna gave so much info on area, town, places to visit and eateries we had such a brill time. The guest house was superbly decorated and all amenities were covered. Beautiful touches in all areas. Breakfast was great. Just cannot praise our hosts enough. No complaints. Will definitely be passing there details onto all our friends and family. Well worth visit.

Just perfect

by TripAdvisor Member donkeyDurham

We only stayed one night but wished it was more. The rooms are of a very high standard and all the little extras made it even better. A warm and friendly greeting from Anna and Ian and we were soon settled. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had and we have visited numerous B &B's. Hope to return soon.

Highlight of our trip

by TripAdvisor Member Fawnage

We had a lovely one night stay in the Pine Room of this B&B. I had read the previous reviews and then booked directly through the B&B's website.

The Pine Room has a very comfortable bed with great pillows and comforter. It is such a snug room, I really wish we could have stayed longer.

Though we were not blown away by Lincoln we were certainly impressed by this B&B and a lovely greek restaurant called Gabbys which we had the hugest meal at (it's on the same road as the B&B, on the right hand side as you are walking into town, right next to a church).

The B&B served a wonderful breakfast and as stated in many reviews the sausages are fantastic!

The place to stay if you will feel like "home".

by TripAdvisor Member Erik_Odemark

This time we were 12 members of the family to guest "Creston Villa", as we all were in Lincoln to celebrate a 90 years birthday.

The event wouldn't have been possible to arrange without the big help we got from Anna & Iain doing a big breakfast party, dinner at restaurant, ordering big birthday cake etc.

As always we knew that rooms/facilities would be at high standard so we again arrived with high expectation that was full filled.

This B/B is the best we have ever seen and we enjoy the excellent breakfast that is outstanding in any ways.
Not even expensive hotels have that high standard which is why we always select "Creston Villa".
Our best recommendation goes to this house and there hosts as we feel like home right away.

See you again soon.

From Denmark with love

by TripAdvisor Member ATDK

Our 5 day stay at the Creston Villa guest house was a fantastic experience. Rooms are very nice and always clean, the breakfast is fabulous and is truely a "full english breakfast". Iain and Anna (Creston Villa owners) is the most wonderfull and genuine couple u will ever meet, u can tell they love what they do, and they do everything with heart and spirit to make u feel right at home. Creston Villa guest house is a MUST if u are traveling in that area.

A real Home away from Home and the best B&B I have ever stayed in!

by TripAdvisor Member Mellie1509

II had the immense pleasure of staying in the Creston Villa Guest House last weekend (17-20th May 2008) with my Mum and Auntie. We were in Lincoln for a family funeral so it was a difficult time for us. I have to say that from our first contact, by telephone, with Anna and Iain, we were made feel very welcome and at ease. These are very friendly, hospitable, kind and genuine people who treat each and every guest like gold-dust and like 'family' and welcome you into their home and into their lives. During this weekend we were able to use the Guesthouse as a 'safe-haven' and a ‘home away from home’ for the whole family (who were staying in other B&Bs but fell in love with Creston Villa!) who were welcomed as if they were guests in the House. Iain even had the kindness to drive us to the funeral which we will never forget.

I stayed in the 'Victorian' room which I called my 'Victorian Princess' room as I felt like a real Princess while staying there. This is a most elegant and comfortable room - you just never want to leave it! My Mum and Auntie were extremely happy with their rooms too (Rooftops and Garden rooms). The accommodation was as good as any 5-star hotel I've stayed in around the world - if not better! They add all kinds of personal touches and details to these unique rooms and in perfect taste!

The breakfast was absolutely delicious and guests can order as much as they can eat from a large and varied menu which offers all kinds of free-range and organic produce (try the delectable Lincolnshire sausages and cured bacon) as well as the scrumptious home-made preserves (try the lemon and brandy jams!), fresh fruit and my personal favourite - their cinnamon and raisin bagels which I miss!! I'm not usually a breakfast eater but I ended up spending up to 45-60 minutes there every morning as the surrounding are so peaceful and the ambiance was great with the other guests (many of whom come back time and time again) and Anna and Iain are the perfect hosts to facilitate this!

Well I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this Guest House and am looking forward to coming back in the near future with my husband and getting to see more of Lincoln next time round and of course to seeing Anna and Iain once again!!

Yop rate B&B

by TripAdvisor Member EnglandSwissfan

Facilities and service were excellent. There were so many extras like all day teac and coffee available, cakes and fruit whenever you wanted, every flavour of fruit tea imaginable.The breakfast was varied and served when you wanted it. The host and hostess made you feel like you were their private house guest nothing was too much trouble.we cant wait to go back and can understand why so many people return

Stay at Creston Villa!

by TripAdvisor Member NicoleMelbourne

I have just returned home to Australia after a month's travelling around the UK, staying in many B&Bs along the way and I can say that Creston Villa was simply the best by far.
From the moment of my arrival in Lincoln, owners Iain and Anna were there to make my stay enjoyable. Iain collected me from the train station; Anna had my room ready and waiting hours earlier than the check in time (at no extra cost to myself) and they went out of their way to find and gather information that I needed for my short, two day stay.
The guest house is conveniently close to the main part of town/public transport and main roads out of town.
It's a lovely restored Victorian home-warm, clean and welcoming. I stayed in The Pine Room and can highly recommend it. Clean, spacious, warm and with a great ensuite and a wide selection of tea and coffee. Not to mention a giant and incredibly comfy bed!
Both Anna and Iain are in the large, sunny breakfast room happily chatting to their guests while cooking fresh and delicious (and local) produce for a tasty brekky! They are knowledgable about the local area and genuinely nice people so breakfast time is a great time to organise your day out in and around Lincoln.
There is a quiet guest lounge room at the front of the house with internet access, newspapers and local books.
Even a 'help yourself' bar, complete with snacks, which is great when you just want a tipple or two before bed!
I would very highly recommend Creston Villa to anyone travelling to Lincoln.
I can't fault it!
Nicole, Melbourne Australia

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member EssexHelen

I stayed at Creston Villa for 2 nights in the Garden Room. The hosts were extremely welcoming and encourage guests to treat the place as home being able to make your own drinks in their kitchen and an 'honesty bar' plus a guest lounge. Very friendly and happy to help in anyway.

Our room was a good size for a twin with ensuite. Modern decor and very clean.

I would recommend this guest house to anybody. I have stayed at many guest houses and this one stands out with its quality and service and is good value for money.

Excellence all round

by TripAdvisor Member Firestreak

We recently stayed at Creston Villa and were absolutely stunned by the place. Nothing was too much for Iain or Anna. The accommodation was 1st class throughout, everything was spotlessly clean, matched and was totally co-ordinated. The whole experience left us wanting to stay more.
The food was excellent and the range of complimentary snacks and drinks leaves the vast majority of other establishments trailing a long way behind.
We will certainly stay here again when we are down this way. We have no hesitation in Highly Recommending this establishment and the hosts to anybody thinking of staying in the Lincoln area.
Value for money rating is 10 out of 10. Friendliness gets the same rating and the old victorian house with its named rooms also gets top marks. I hope this guest house goes from strength to strength.

Comments