Ibis Lincoln

Runcorn Road, A46 Off Whisby Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 3QZ, United Kingdom
Travelocity Booking.com Agoda.com

More about Lincoln

The Main BuildingThe Main Building

The StonebowThe Stonebow

New Life Church buildingNew Life Church building

The officeThe office

church in Lincoln

by supercarys

Can anyone tell me of a Christian (not Catholic) church in the Lincoln area? I mean one to go to services in on Sundays, not to marvel at the architecture of...
I've tried searching the net but I can't seem to find any.

RE: church in Lincoln

by Sjalen

Lots (if Anglican will do you)!

RE: church in Lincoln

Thanks for the tip!

Re: church in Lincoln

by big234paul

I know your item looking for a church in Lincoln was posted a long time ago - but if you ain't sorted yet, look at www.lincolnbaptist.co.uk - the church where I am a member. Typically 150-200 at a morning service and 60-80 in the evening. Pastor is a seriously good preacher (he's Welsh, but God won't hold that against him, so we try not to - and hey! - none of us is perfect, anyway!). All the best, Paul.

Re: church in Lincoln

Hi!
Thanks for the tip, Lincoln Baptist was actually the first church I found in Lincoln, it was right near my house. I went there for a few months before moving to New Life. So Andrew is still there then? He and Terri are great people, I really got a lot out of my time there. It's a great community. I really miss the church life in Lincoln (I've since moved back to Australia). There isn't much going in my area for young people.

Travel Tips for Lincoln

Christmas Market

by Cheersmates

Lincoln has a very famous Christmas Market. It usually happens in the first weekend of December. During the event, which happens day and night there are many tourists in town. Parking might be a bit crazy as some streets are closed for cars.

There are stands and stalls all over the city selling Christmas souvenirs, Lincolnshire produce and crafts.

They say it's the biggest in Europe, but I don't know about that, since I haven't been to them all.

At night there are bands playing, attractions, etc.

It's fun, for a night/day out! I think I will miss feeling like I'm being part of a comunity, the city is so nice to walk about and it's large enough that you have a lot of things to do, places to go out and restaurants to dine. I'll miss Lincoln.

Snickers & Pictures

by Cheersmates

Snickers for sure! You will be doing a lot of walking and even though everything is near, there is Steep Hill and you will have to go up and down the hill. You will probably take loads of pictures as well. It's a beautiful site, it deserves it.

Chad Varah House

by iwys

Lincolnshire's first county hospital opened here in 1777. Later the building was used as a theological college. Michael Ramsay, who later became the Archbishop of Canterbury, taught here and one of his students, Chad Varah, after he graduated, founded the Samaritans.

The building is now used by the University of Lincoln.

Steep Hill

by Sjalen

Walk it down (well, I hope for your sake you took a taxi or the longer side roads UP) and you will discover a street full of curiosity shops, restaurants and nice old houses like the Jews House (one of the oldest buildings in England) and the others in this picture. Lincoln, along with for instance York, was one of the cities where many jews settled until finally driven away.

Sculpture spanning the river

by sourbugger

"Empowerment", sounds very PC-correct in a liberal sort of way, the sort of term used by wooley liberals in Education and socail welfare work. In Lincoln at least it refers to a sculpture by Stephen Broadbent.

It designed specifically for Lincoln can be found in the City Square (or next to Wilkinson's if you prefer). It is supposed to be a reflection of the cities rich engineering heritage. At 17m tall sculpture (it looks bigger in the picture from the BBC), it is unique in spanning a river of this size. It was installed in January 2002.

Comments